2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship

Ruffian

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey friendlies don't necessarily determine how our qualifying tournament is going to go. Didn't we beat England twice and not qualify? We just have to determine what we did wrong and work from there.

Down 1-0 now against the run of play, 15 or so minutes left. We've had a lot of possession and and lot of great chances (5+ good shots on goal) but nothing's gone in yet except for one by Twardek that was called offside. We seem to be doing really well nonetheless, Costa Rica are one of the best opponents we might run into in February, so these games have seemed promising so far.

6 minutes ago, Soccerpro said:

Costa Rica leading 2-0 now close to full time.

I guess they aren't impressed by our players who have signed for big clubs...

Reading the Twitter feed is pretty funny. Seems like we totally dominated play yet couldnt convert and even missed 2 wide open goals. Same old story I guess

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Reading the Twitter feed is pretty funny. Seems like we totally dominated play yet couldnt convert and even missed 2 wide open goals. Same old story I guess

Disappointing result, but at least we're doing everything else right. This is what these camps are for.

Everybody got a chance to play, so the staff should now have a better idea who's going to be back and who's going to start in February.

7 minutes ago, zaltan said:

Zanatta did not play today? seems like one of our players that seems to score with his club and at this level

That's probably exactly why he didn't play. He's definitely one of our best players, so there's not much point playing him in the second game when we know he'll be starting in February. That way they get to take a look at the other guys they called into the camp who are less known.

Archived