16- CB- Kosovar Sadiki | ENG / Stoke City U-23
17- M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC II
18- GK- Marvis Kreitling | GER / TSG Sprockhovel
19- FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | FRA / Olympique Lyonnais
20- M- Duwayne Ewart | USA / Pittsburgh Riverhounds

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need some proofreading in that article. The body of the text says that Ewart is with TFC II but the player listing has him with Pittsburgh (which I believe is the correct one).

Also they still have Liam Millar at Fulham (and spelt his name Miller - unless there's a Liam Millar and a Liam Miller both playing in England who are Canadian & the same age).

Promising line-up in terms of clubs though!

9 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

They need some proofreading in that article. The body of the text says that Ewart is with TFC II but the player listing has him with Pittsburgh (which I believe is the correct one).

Also they still have Liam Millar at Fulham (and spelt his name Miller - unless there's a Liam Millar and a Liam Miller both playing in England who are Canadian & the same age).

Promising line-up in terms of clubs though!

Ewart is listed with the Riverhounds??

They have since posted a corrected roster on twitter.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-m20-announces-squad-and-matches-against-costa-rica-p159838-preview-1

CANADA
1- GK- Dayne St. Clair | USA / University of Maryland
2- FB- Marcus Godinho | SCO / Heart of Midlothian FC
3- FB- Kadin Chung | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
4- CB- Matt Constant | USA / University of New Mexico
5- CB- Thomas Meilleur Giguère | CAN / FC Montréal
6- F- Luca Uccello | CAN / Toronto FC II
7- M- Kris Twardek | ENG / Millwall FC
8- M- Shamit Shome | CAN / FC Edmonton
9- F- Dario Zanatta | SCO / Heart of Midlothian FC
10- M- Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla | CAN / FC Montréal
11- F- Aymar Sigue | USA / Penn State University
12- F- Liam Millar | ENG / Liverpool FC U-18
13- M- Tristan Borges | NED / sc Heerenveen
14- M- Emmanuel Zambazis | GRE / Iraklis 1908 FC
15- M- Joshua Doughty | ENG / Manchester United FC Reserves
16- CB- Kosovar Sadiki | ENG / Stoke City U-23
17- M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC II
18- GK- Marvis Kreitling | GER / TSG Sprockhovel
19- FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | FRA / Olympique Lyonnais U-19
20- M- Duwayne Ewart | USA / Pittsburgh Riverhounds

To me, the most interesting player at this camp is Shamit Shome. Have to think that he's the most in form player on this list today, and arguably playing at the highest level out of anyone on this list as well. He's started every game in the fall season for the top club in the NASL, and is getting rave reviews. I also learned that he's played more minutes 60% of the way through 2016 than Boakai played in 3 years.

For someone who I was expecting to get an odd sub appearance here or there in 2016 he's really done well.

19 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Probably selected for the A-team. Otherwise I'd have to think nationality issues. 

Or they plan to use him for the U-17s instead this cycle. It's also possible Vancouver didn't want to lose him for a couple of friendlies and he'll be back for the U-20 Championship, particularly since they only called up 20 players. A senior call-up for a pair of extremely important WCQ matches seems unlikely I would think, especially given that Jackson's been called up.

Aside from Tomori, Davies and Malik Johnson mentioned earlier, based on what I have read on this board, Derek Cornelius may have had a chance. Also, in limited viewings, David Choiniere has looked okay for the Impact.

Edit: Sorry should have mentioned Anton as referenced by JPG.  There was also that Morris guy who Gale tweeted about when the last camp was cancelled.

That the same guy who was getting some 1st team minutes last year in the Greek Superleague? Cause if so, that's impressive, and I'm happy he's chosen to represent. Anyone know more about him?

4 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

That the same guy who was getting some 1st team minutes last year in the Greek Superleague? Cause if so, that's impressive, and I'm happy he's chosen to represent. Anyone know more about him?

It must be him. 

1 hour ago, Bikerack said:

19- FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | FRA / Olympique Lyonnais

whats the deal on him? It says first time in camp. Did anyone know about him before?

Doing some google research, I found he's listed as a French on multiple sources.

http://www.olweb.fr/en/player/zachary-brault-guillard-2223.html

http://ca.soccerway.com/players/zachary-brault-guillard/419661/ 

I've no idea what the connexion with Canada.

Overall this seems like a very good roster, even for a pair of friendlies. Seeing club names like Manchester United, Heerenveen, Stoke, Liverpool and Lyon on the list is really uplifting, even if most of them were expected. Can't wait to see this team play.

6 minutes ago, Zem said:

Overall this seems like a very good roster, even for a pair of friendlies. Seeing club names like Manchester United, Heerenveen, Stoke, Fulham and Lyon on the list is really uplifting, even if most of them were expected. Can't wait to see this team play.

Big club teams might look impressive, but don't mean much, especially when predicting a professional career.

Tabla excites me the most currently.

1 hour ago, A_Gagne said:

Yes that's him. He was called up to the Greek U19's for a pair of friendlies in Feb. Neither those games or these games cap-tie him at the youth level so he conceivably keep turning out for either nation until he plays official matches.

1 hour ago, Soccerpro said:

Big club teams might look impressive, but don't mean much, especially when predicting a professional career.

Tabla excites me the most currently.

True enough, although I meant more along the lines of it being nice to see a lot of players being rated so highly by big European academies. I didn't mean to say that was the only thing that excited me about the roster either, it looks great because there's some good players like Tabla and Zanatta that we know and then there's some wildcards. It'll be an interesting pair of friendlies and I feel like we should be able to find a really solid group of core players for February.

Archived