2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship

Ruffian

Other 1997 Born Players that deserved consideration are at Right Full Back 

Rachaun Palmer and Leonardo Giron Former Oysl Players and Team  mates  with the Brampton East Red devils and presently playing League 1 Ontario and also University/College  Scholarship Bound in August.

Another Skillful Midfielder  Juan Prieto 

of North Mississauga Panthers Oysl Team and former Team mates of Andrew, Ehimare, Rachuan, all played for Alan Miller and Colin Price Coached team a few years ago. Alan Miller Son is Liam Miller.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mateo Restrepo of TFC is also a very Good Central Defender of Woodbridge Strikers Development, we can also add Orrett Powell Central Defender from Dixie Athletics 97 OYSL and Presently at University.

We should not Forget about Kristopher Thardwik Central Midfield and his team mates Dante Cobisa,  Dario Conte, and Jeremy Arnold.

All elite class players in the U 20 1997 age group. There is a lot of 1997 players and i would love  to see our Canadian U 20 Team with all 1997 instead of a blend of age groups. Its the 1997 Boys opportunity to compete against the World the other groups will have their time. 

Additional players to mention are Twins Michal and Martin Misiak formerly Coach by Colin Price/Alan Miller North Mis Panthers, the Twins are also eligible to play for Poland and were nick named the Polish Canadian Assassins. the twins were also Coach or hired to win Ontario cup and Oysl Championship by Tony Ronca Dixie Athletics Black 97A. 

The twins were are presently in poland pursuing a professional Career or a link to the National Team

On July 7, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Vince193 said:

Go ahead, get excited, fair play to you all. I don't anymore. I did the last few cycles, but the teams never meet the hype. They win? That's great. They don't? Not surprising. I'm not going to invest myself in these tourneys. It's just not for me. I don't really care what you guys think of it. 

You want to hype up these kids and inflate expectations? More power to you.

I completely agree.  It use to be that you never had to ask me when these tournaments were being held.  I just knew already.   Now, i am still interested but i just wait until they come around and i try to avoid any kind of prognostication until AFTER i have seen them play against AN ACTUAL OPPOSITION.   Thats the key thing!  AN ACTUAL OPPOSITION.  

When it comes to U20 teams, none of us here or no one who actually covers the national teams or even coaches of the national team has clue about who their playing against and knows how we measure up.   Yes, they may know names and profiles.  And there might be a handfull of players around the world at that age level who garner headlines because they are "Cant miss" types. Other than that, they are just names. 

SO whats the point of even talking about : so and so cnd player being on the team or what our chances are.    By knowing the oposition, i dont mean just knowing a few names but i mean knowing what they can do on pitch in a comparative sense to our players.  Or what their long term prospects are.  Ian Hume (who was playing pro in the english lower divisions) looked as good anybody in that 2003 tourny. But it also had players like Andres Iniesta (not a pro) who was a highly regarded prospect on a youth Barca team. Iniesta never set foot on pitch other than first division, whereas Hume never set foot on first div squad. 

The flip side might be the 2007 u20 team.  Many of our U20 players from the u20 WC in 2007 are out of the game.  I wanted to write their names as example here, but i wont do that because that my point of what i am getting at.   Whereas some players on that chilean squad,  are now stars on some of they biggest clubs in world. Only a troll would have dared to suggest that before have seen that first game of the tournament against Chile. 

Dude. No one is saying all these guys are going to bloom into cant miss prospects. People on this board are excited because it's another tournament coming up and with usl and other things now more prevalent then previous cycles there's more players people have seen. 

On July 9, 2016 at 0:40 AM, lazlo_80 said:

Dude. No one is saying all these guys are going to bloom into cant miss prospects. People on this board are excited because it's another tournament coming up and with usl and other things now more prevalent then previous cycles there's more players people have seen. 

But thats exactly what we have done time and time again, we start saying or inferring that these guys will turn into cant miss prospects.  Going back to 2000 and after several editions of these squads, there must have been about a dozen or two dozen of cant miss prospects.  Many of whom never even made pro or barely made pro by playing in some forth division somewhere.  Its not fair to the kids and its doing a disservice to their developement.  I would love to rattle off names, but i wont. Most of these guys were just nowhere near good enough. 

Cyle larin was never picked to be on a u20, and that tells you a lot.  But maybe that was the best thing for him.  Because if he would scored a goal in some u20 match,  many might be wondering now why he is playing in Orlando now instaed of Real Madrid and how much of a disppoint his career has turned out be.   I could just see one guy score a goal and then at the next mls game when he not dressed, someone suggesting why some 30 year old european with several caps, is starting and this kid is not.  That will happen and always does.  I heard it. 

Point is again, we dont know the opposition or opposing players because they are on academies or dvelopment squad and many at that stage of their careers are still developing their skills. 

PS.: nothing wrong with taking an interest when it come around.  But going into the events, we dont know anything.   

12 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

Where did that kid adonijah Reid end up? Would he still be too young for this?

would Tabla be a part of that "lock" group mentioned previously?

Adonijah last known destination is in France and he is a 1999 age group player with aspiration of U 20 inclusion. 

Players in the 1997 age group that he would compete for a spot would be Andrew (flash) Gordon , Andrew (the teacher) Deans  and Luca ( the Lethal weapon) Ucello.

As stated the 1997 age group for U 20 world cup team spot has Elite players from Coast to coast so a younger age players should wait on their time.

The CSA U 20 Scouts gonna have a head ache scouting them all and placing them in 1 camp so the U 20 Coach`s can have a good look at them. 

This 1997 age Group is the Best group ever developed in Canada by far, the last group was the Paul Stalterri, Jason Bent, Guzman age group.

With proper selection which means the Best of the Best 1997 a top 4 inclusion to play for the U 20 World cup championship is in our sight. 

Seen a few comments that our U 20 players needs to be Physical with brute strength and thats false.

Even the United states are selecting players with overall skills  compliments not physical, this euro sees all players whom tried to be too physical carded and misses key games, some costing their teams playing a player short,

We need players that are the best at the Position they play, smart,Agile andfast, skillfull ,great Balance on Ground and in the air, Great passer, above average scorer, this type of players is selected by Mexico and the United States and especially from europe.

47 minutes ago, Futballer said:

Adonijah last known destination is in France and he is a 1999 age group player with aspiration of U 20 inclusion. 

Players in the 1997 age group that he would compete for a spot would be Andrew (flash) Gordon , Andrew (the teacher) Deans  and Luca ( the Lethal weapon) Ucello.

As stated the 1997 age group for U 20 world cup team spot has Elite players from Coast to coast so a younger age players should wait on their time.

The CSA U 20 Scouts gonna have a head ache scouting them all and placing them in 1 camp so the U 20 Coach`s can have a good look at them. 

This 1997 age Group is the Best group ever developed in Canada by far, the last group was the Paul Stalterri, Jason Bent, Guzman age group.

With proper selection which means the Best of the Best 1997 a top 4 inclusion to play for the U 20 World cup championship is in our sight. 

This post is exactly what i am talking about.  " best group ever developed by canada so far" eh?   How about we see the play first. 

Can you give a run down of the mexican U20 side? 

PS:. You might be right.  And i hope you are.  But you might be wrong also.   But do we know what kind and have you seen the kind of players that Mexico, CRC, USA are fielding. I havent. 

26 minutes ago, Free kick said:

This post is exactly what i am talking about.  " best group ever developed by canada so far" eh?   How about we see the play first. 

Can you give a run down of the mexican U20 side? 

PS:. You might be right.  And i hope you are.  But you might be wrong also.   But do we know what kind and have you seen the kind of players that Mexico, CRC, USA are fielding. I havent. 

In the world of cookie cutters we never know exactly what our competitors have in store for us, that`s why our minimum standards should exceed the limitations of your concerns, an athlete/soccer players has training requirements to test themselves with, to assure themselves and Coach`s that they are above certain threshold, that`s why i can confidently say our 1997 age group of players are the best talent`s Canada has developed in years and they will go on to prove that, we have arrive as a football or Soccer nation.

Introducing to you Canada`s New ERA  the ( Canadian Boys) 

5 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Not sure who Lyle Larin is but if you are referring to Cyle Larin, then he split time with Hamilton at the last U20 Concacaf tournament.

Strictly a typo.  Its fixed.  It think it might have the ipad/iphone spell check acting up again

On 09/07/2016 at 8:51 AM, Futballer said:

Seen a few comments that our U 20 players needs to be Physical with brute strength and thats false.

That's strange, i just read this whole thread and can't recall a single comment made that called for those qualities.

We should just stop talking about any Canadian players until they are retired and have had a legendary career. I mean we are not there at every practice to see what their real skills are and how they train. I mean a player could be good at 24 and then just disappear. Also why should we even watch Canadian Men's National Team. I mean they have lost every World Cup qualification for as long as I have been watching. /s

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2016 at 9:51 AM, C2SKI said:

Those three, along with Thomas Gardner and Terran Campbell have all contributed. Marco Carducci is still 19 too, but he's a '96 so probably not eligible?

With the U18 squad that has had such a great year, there are 3 others that have previously been called to Canada's U20s (Andre Baires, Quinn Bredin, and Vana Markarian), and several others that might be deserving of a call.

Markarian looked terrific in the USDDA final for the Caps - playing centre defense. Another name to watch from that Caps U18 team is Theo Bair, a '99 forward. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived