NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

12 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Fourth tier must pay minimum wage, 700/mo, they must have him coaching kids or trimming the grass with scissors.

Your friend is a magician.

Then maybe it's 700/mo- I know she told me she makes around minimum wage. Artist type who always stumbles into getting free stuff, knows someone at every bar who is ready with a free drink, randomly finds awesome apartments with cool roommates, all of that. I mean, when I went and visited her a few years ago, within a few days of being there I had to turn down free meals from several friends, had an offer to rent a room for a few hundred euros a month if ever I decided I wanted to have a second apartment abroad, and I had one of her very motivated Brazilian friends spend hours on the phone with police when my wallet was stolen (to no avail, but still). Some people just attract good vibes and make it happen.

I do assume even in the fourth division though a lot of your meals are paid for, and they probably have you either staying with a local family or bunking with a few of your teammates. Not a sexy lifestyle, but if you're like 19 and living in Portugal, I think you'll settle for very little to get by playing a sport and you'll be happy with it.

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Then maybe it's 700/mo- I know she told me she makes around minimum wage. Artist type who always stumbles into getting free stuff, knows someone at every bar who is ready with a free drink, randomly finds awesome apartments with cool roommates, all of that. I mean, when I went and visited her a few years ago, within a few days of being there I had to turn down free meals from several friends, had an offer to rent a room for a few hundred euros a month if ever I decided I wanted to have a second apartment abroad, and I had one of her very motivated Brazilian friends spend hours on the phone with police when my wallet was stolen (to no avail, but still). Some people just attract good vibes and make it happen.

I do assume even in the fourth division though a lot of your meals are paid for, and they probably have you either staying with a local family or bunking with a few of your teammates. Not a sexy lifestyle, but if you're like 19 and living in Portugal, I think you'll settle for very little to get by playing a sport and you'll be happy with it.

You forgot to mention it being the club in closest proximity to 40,000 litre oak vats of ageing tawney.

Your friend sounds very resourceful, except the part where she's supposed to go outside, walk around, talk to a few people, and walk back with your wallet.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You forgot to mention it being the club in closest proximity to 40,000 litre oak vats of ageing tawney.

Your friend sounds very resourceful, except the part where she's supposed to go outside, walk around, talk to a few people, and walk back with your wallet.

There you go- it's a big thing for kids in southern quebec to go spend a summer out in the berry fields and make all this money to last them through the winter, I'm sure going to work at a winery isn't a bad way to spend your downtime, plus it probably helps you stay in shape.

Yeah, bummer about the wallet. I was wearing a winter coat with deep pockets, I think I hung my coat on a chair and my wallet slipped out, the next person who grabbed our table probably took it, saw I didn't carry cash and dumped it in a bin. My cards were never charged, even though I waited like 2 days to cancel my cards in the off chance it would show up. She did console me by bringing me to a house party with a lot of fashionable brazilians later that night, so I can't say she left me out to dry either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Damn but apparently Liam was only good enough to be an alternate.

This doesn’t mean he’s good enough for Schalke either.  It’s a club coordinate training.  Hard to take anything from it although I would say McDonnell is a good one and the club will struggle to hold him. 

Edited by Footyeh

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Buchta said:

Stefan Cebara is now with Europa Point in Gibraltar.

Europa FC and not Europa Point...2 different teams in Gibraltar...the Cebara world tour continues after his usual 1+ year break between teams...Ive never seen a player be without a club for so long this many times...

Periods without a club:
August 2011 to August 2012
August 2013 to December 2014
August 2016 to April 2017
September 2018 to March 2020
January 2023 to November 2023

Absolutely amazing wow

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 1:33 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

There are 3 Canadians on their first team, de we know who they are?

https://www.zerozero.pt/equipa/odiaxere/10811

Was looking as I hadn't heard of the place before.

Namely Azzedine Gherbi, from Québec, seemed to have played U-Sports.

Ruben Medina, Venezuelan born attacker but raised in Canada.

Cham Nyishu, a 20-year-old striker, also from Quebec. 

Anyone?

18 hours ago, narduch said:

Pescara are in Serie C

I assume he is the brother of Christian Zeppieri, who was a finalist for both U20 player of the year and midfielder of the year in L1O.

According to Transfermarkt, Michael's goal scoring record in Italy is pretty good so far.
https://www.transfermarkt.us/michael-zeppieri/profil/spieler/1084276

• 4 weeks later...