TICKETS - Canada vs Honduras - Vancouver BC Place - Nov 13th

Admin

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey lads, 

Driving up from Calgary and picking up some buddies in Kelowna. Going to be 4 of us coming, 3 to their first game (I was in T.O for the 1-0 game against Panama). Ordered tickets last night.

Will it be general seating in the section? Obviously decking out in Canada gear. 

Will there be drums in our section?   If not, I will buy a ticket (if it's still possible).

Here's the reason I'm asking:

Apologies in advance if this sounds pissy, but I have a genuine concern about the "atmosphere" at Whitecaps matches oozing into this one.  My friends and I have endured a few years of people with drums at Whitecaps matches giving my friends and me headaches and drowning out any sort of atmosphere, therefore I am a bit hesitant to buy a ticket and I can't even talk my friends (four of them) into going to this match because of this problem.  We sit only one section away from the "southsiders" but the only thing we can hear is drums, no chanting or singing.  

To summarise, (thank you American-spelling auto-correct thingy) will there be drums, and if so will they be tapped lightly to keep a beat or have the bejeezus smacked out of them?  I've supported the MNT for 30 years and I will buy a ticket if I know we will be heard.

Thank you

Allez les Rouges!

Will there be drums in our section?   If not, I will buy a ticket (if it's still possible).

Here's the reason I'm asking:

Apologies in advance if this sounds pissy, but I have a genuine concern about the "atmosphere" at Whitecaps matches oozing into this one.  My friends and I have endured a few years of people with drums at Whitecaps matches giving my friends and me headaches and drowning out any sort of atmosphere, therefore I am a bit hesitant to buy a ticket and I can't even talk my friends (four of them) into going to this match because of this problem.  We sit only one section away from the "southsiders" but the only thing we can hear is drums, no chanting or singing.  

To summarise, (thank you American-spelling auto-correct thingy) will there be drums, and if so will they be tapped lightly to keep a beat or have the bejeezus smacked out of them?  I've supported the MNT for 30 years and I will buy a ticket if I know we will be heard.

Thank you

Allez les Rouges!

There will be drum(s). Not sure how many yet. 1 at a minimum and I may be playing it. I am within Curva Collective and not the Southsiders so I don't know how things work on that side of the tunnel. But, if all you can hear is a drum, that means enough people aren't singing.

There will be drum(s). Not sure how many yet. 1 at a minimum and I may be playing it. I am within Curva Collective and not the Southsiders so I don't know how things work on that side of the tunnel. But, if all you can hear is a drum, that means enough people aren't singing.

I am planning to bring mine. Do I need to do anything special to get in?  I had it taken away at the gate for the Canada v Mexico game in Seattle so I have to ask.

@SuperCanuck Re: bad drumming - I know when to stop. As a drummer my job is to accompany the chants, not replace them.

I am planning to bring mine. Do I need to do anything special to get in?  I had it taken away at the gate for the Canada v Mexico game in Seattle so I have to ask.
@SuperCanuck Re: bad drumming - I know when to stop. As a drummer my job is to accompany the chants, not replace them.

I an not sure what the procedure is. Check with @socceronly or @foreverateam. All I have to do is show up

if all you can hear is a drum, that means enough people aren't singing.

Fewer and fewer people chant in that section these days, and almost no one in our section because there are now four drums, they're not coordinated at all, and they bang the snot out of them.

We can actually hear you guys from the Curva Collective when the drummers' arms get tired and they stop for a few minutes.

The drums at Caps games can be a bit loud but it shouldn't stop people from singing. I'm guessing the reason they are loud is so that they can be heard throughout the Southside or Curva. I've supported with both groups and think both do a good job helping to keep the chants alive. 

Perhaps ted and masster can get together and discuss the drumming strategy before the match. I think that both of you can add a great deal to the quality of our chants and songs. 

IMHO a few pre planned (based on time) chants work well to get the group going early. 

I.e., kick off - uuawww ah canada 

Second hald kick off - Oh Canada!!!

Communicate capos! F*ck i'm envious of all attending, first home WCQ miss in several cycles. 

Those with the large flags...keep them waving 

Archived