Your "20-man" U-23 squad - Olympic Edition. Oct 1st to Oct 13th.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HATE complaining and being negative, but this roster is not our best, and I think Floro et al are either delusional in picking certain players over others for their preferred defensive system, or they're literally stuck with a smaller pool of players they can select a team from that can play their preferred defensive system.

I foresee few goals against, and fewer goals for.

*exhale* 

Again, I think that anyone expecting that Aird would be on this team is simply setting themselves up for disappointment. We have 0 proof that he is in any way committed to Canada. Attending one U-20 camp a few years back doesn't really change that.

As for the theory that Rangers is holding him back because he's Canadian? Don't think so. From what I gather Rangers fans really do not rate Aird.

It's okay, we have the better Rangers prospect on this team.

Genuinely disappointed that Bustos is not in the lineup. He's been terrific for WFC2. Has played himself to the fringe of the Whitecaps roster but has Techera (who has been a dynamo) and Rosales ahead of him. It's been said on this forum before, but Bustos provides something that Canada generally lacks: a confident and creative attacking mid game. But...we have a few mids coming along like him - Boakai, Aleman, Aparicio, etc. Would really like to see a Canadian midfield with both Boakai and Bustos in it. 

It seems that the CSA tweet points to those on Canadian teams who were not released, since for the CSA it is a problem, not legal or FIFA, but a question of CDN clubs in tune with the CSA. It is a clear dig they don't do for any non-CDN Team.

Isn't the "James" they are referring to Manrejkar James, and thus from a club in Hungary? Or are they referring to someone else?

This is just my speculation, but ever since Aird chose to represent Canada over Scotland, I think Rangers have given him the shaft. After all, they're no longer playing/developing a domestic player in their minds. Moreso, they give him a little extra jab by not releasing him to Canadian games. Whereas Zelalem is American and is a bigger name (thus far), so having him represent the USA as a Ranger in a tournament like this is noteable.

Does the USSF pay clubs to release players whereas the CSA can't afford to? Just wondering if there's any behind the scenes things we don't know about.

What do I know. I'm just a typical frustrated CMNT fan posting ridiculous things.

First paragraph = really dumb

Second paragraph = possible

Who wins?

--------------------Jackson-----------------
Petrasso----------Carreiro---------Boakai
-----------Piette----------Manella----------

Kaye-----Gasparotto---Farmer----Grant
--------------------Roberts----------------

vs.

------------------Larin--------------------
Aleman---------Bustos-----------Froese
--------Aparicio----------James---------