Your "20-man" U-23 squad - Olympic Edition. Oct 1st to Oct 13th.

Black isn't playing much at Duke and can't be picked over players who play regularly at pro levels and Comsia has played every minute of every game for the #3 program in the country (they are undefeated up to now).

Black has played in every game for Duke this season, except for the last 2. It would seem as if he was injured for the games he missed because he went from 90 mins to not being on the game sheet. 

Personally, I don't even rate Comsia thats why he wasn't on my list. I would even pick Adam Bouchard over him, and he wasn't in the list either.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its sheer madness not to take Froese.  He is a starter in my view.  Likewise, Carreiro has international experience and leadership qualities that cannot be ignored.

Roberts, Crepeau

Henry, James, Adekugbe, Stanese, Gasparotto, Grant

Boakai, Petrasso, Bustos, Aleman
Piette, Carreiro, Froese, Eustaquio

Larin, Hamilton, Jackson-Hamel, Fisk

Petrasso---------Larin---------Boakai
----------Carreiro-------Froese
-------------------Piette ©
Adekugbe--Henry--James--Stanese
------------------Roberts

You say its sheer madness to leave out Froese. I say its sheer madness to leave out Babouli. :D

I think the midfield that Floro selects will obviously be a surprise. Can Bekker play somehow?

Has Eustaquio played for the U-23 team before? If so, I can't recall.

His instagram and twitter say "U-23". So maybe he's been called up. I suppose that players would know by now. The tournament starts in 2 weeks.

He's played U20, but I don't know about U23. I don't know if we've had other camps other than the Pan Am one.

I would argue that Allan Zebie has earned a look on the backline with his strong performances this year in Edmonton. Adekugbe is the starting LB without question, but Zebie would not be much of a drop off, especially considering Adekugbe's injury troubles this year. Perhaps Zebie could have a go at RB, although I don't recall seeing him play there in Edmonton.

With his lack of inclusion on any other youth team I don't see it happening, but he should be there in some capacity IMO.

I would argue that Allan Zebie has earned a look on the backline with his strong performances this year in Edmonton. Adekugbe is the starting LB without question, but Zebie would not be much of a drop off, especially considering Adekugbe's injury troubles this year. Perhaps Zebie could have a go at RB, although I don't recall seeing him play there in Edmonton.

With his lack of inclusion on any other youth team I don't see it happening, but he should be there in some capacity IMO.

Yup, thirteen games in NASL isn't too shabby. And considering it's a tight schedule and you practically need two players per position, he does make a strong case for inclusion.

Same can be said for Froese, who has about the same number of MLS games, and has played very well.

When Teibert and Osorio had the same amount of playing time as Chapman and Froese we were calling for both of them to be called to the Senior team. This shows some progress with the amount of players we have available.

Boggles the mind that Black was preferred to Zebie (and Murrell) for that LB spot at the Pan Ams. Paulus even said they would have released him if asked.

Thing is, there are quite a few here happily proposing that he be left off the team. Which is about as untenable as suggesting that scoring a game winner in ConcaChampions was no big deal and proved little. 

Froese also played right , then was shifted to left attack to accomodate Bustos coming on, then was moved back into the middle. So Robinson trusts him for versatility, and he showed well in each spot. Big upside to this player.

Froese will be on the team for sure.  The Floros like him and he was a key player on our last U20 and U17 teams too.  He's offensively gifted but physical enough to play anywhere in midfield.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see him called to the Senior team for World Cup Qualifying in the next year.  

Archived