Your "20-man" U-23 squad - Olympic Edition. Oct 1st to Oct 13th.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like in 30 min I believe

EDIT 2: Both English and French versions work now.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-m23-picks-players-for-concacaf-olympic-qualifiers-p158531

EDIT:

French version works:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-m23-choisit-ses-joueurs-pour-les-qualifications-concacaf-pour-les-jeux-olympiques-p158531

Our 20 are:

1- GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Impact Montréal

2- FB- Johnny Grant | CAN / FC Montréal

3- FB- Mark-Anthony Kaye | CAN / Toronto FC II

4- CB- Jackson Farmer | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2

5- CB- Luca Gasparotto | SCO / Greenock Morton FC

6- M- Chris Mannella | CAN / Toronto FC

7- M- Mauro Eustáquio | CAN / Ottawa Fury FC

8- M- Jay Chapman | CAN / Toronto FC

9- F- Anthony Jackson-Hamel | CAN / Impact Montréal

10- F- Caleb Clarke | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC

11- M- Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé | CAN / Impact Montréal

12- GK- Quillan Roberts | CAN / Toronto FC

13- M- Michael Petrasso | ENG / Queens Park Rangers

14- M- Samuel Piette | ESP / Deportivo La Coruña

15- M- Ben Fisk | ESP / Deportivo La Coruña B

16- M- Molham Babouli | CAN / Toronto FC II

17- M- Hanson Boakai | CAN / FC Edmonton

18- GK- Ricky Gomes | POR / Sport Clube de Mirandela

19- CB- Skylar Thomas | CAN / Toronto FC II

20- M- Dylan Carreiro | SCO / Arbroath

no larin or Hamilton?

No Larin and no Hamilton! :(

EDIT:

I think Q is light years ahead of any other youth keepers we have, including Crepeau.

I'd second this. Crepeau as backup. I'll throw out Sean Melvin as a third because I don't know much about Gomes and Carducci may be too raw right now.

Also, does Floro rate Crépeau above Quillan Roberts or am I reading too much in the fact that Crépeau has the #1 jersey?

I know plenty of people on this board rate Roberts ahead...(I don't think I'm one of them)

Highly disappointing and mediocre roster

Missing so much of our top end talent (Larin, Henry, Bustos, Froese, Aird, James, Adekugbe)

Crap, you're right, there's alot of our best players missing here. You could almost name a better starting lineup of players not on the roster.

Oh hey, TVA was wrong and Jackson-Hamel IS named to the team. Who knew that some garbage spouted on an Impact broadcast by a colour commentator would be wrong?

The backline that has been called looks rough. I think not having Henry and James on the squad will hurt the team the most. But a Gasparotto / Farmer back pairing is not terrible. Zebie not in the squad really surprises me, especially considering our fullbacks are Jonny Grant and MA Kaye. I rate Zebie higher than both of those players. Maybe he was needed by Edmonton. Anyone expecting Aird to be called was setting themselves up for disappointment IMO. Surprise, the guy who wanted to play youth football for Scotland isn't on Canada's U-23 team.

Not surprised that Larin is not in the squad, but no Hamilton either? That's very interesting.

Midfield looks great, even without Froese and Bustos. That's where the strength of the squad will lie.

Oh hey, TVA was wrong and Jackson-Hamel IS named to the team. Who knew that some garbage spouted on an Impact broadcast by a colour commentator would be wrong?

Actually, I'm wrong. I read between the lines and thought for sure that Jackson-Hamel wouldn't be on the team because of that.

Archived