Red Team Elimination Watch

Trillium

After eight games, four versus west division TFC has one win and three losses, in four games versus East TFC has 2 wins and two losses. So a total of three wins.

TFC has six remaining games versus West Division teams, I believe they lose five and win one..

TFC has 20 games remaining versus East Divisiion teams including 2 versus Orlando ( they won the first game of three ), Give Orlando one tie out of three and two wins for TFC.

Versus NYCFC three games, I suspect NYCFC will get a tie versus TFC and give up two wins.

TFC plays New England three times expect two losses and one win.

TFC plays Philly three times they have a 1-0 win expect Philly to get one tie and one win for TFC.

TFC play Montreal three times, I am going suggest its a split one TFC win, one tie and one loss.

TFC play Chicago twice they lost the first game and I think they will lose the second, no wins.

TFC plays DCU twice give it a split one loss one win.

TFC plays NYRB twice, TFC to lose one tie one.

TFC plays Mighty Columbus three times, Columbus has won one so far give Columbus a second win and TFC one win.

Thus TFC is on target based on above assumptions for 41 points.

In the Eastern Division in 2014 TFC had 41 points, and placed seventh one point back of number 6 with 42 points, this year the top six make the playoffs,

Turn any one of the nine wins predicted from now to season end and TFC drops down to 38 points.

Turn any one five ties into losses and they drop from 41 to 40 points or if tie turns to loss and win to a loss they are down from 41 predicted to 37 points.

Given the lack of urgency displayed on Sunday, it is reasonable to believe the TFC coaching staff cannot motivate the current players to play with any increased passion over the next three weeks, if by that time:

TFC has a loss to New England ( first in East and playing away)

A loss to Portland at home on 23 May

then a game versus Man City....

A loss to San Jose on 30 May ( fourth in West )  at home.

I think they are out before June, with only the most die hard of die hards hoping for a coaching change to bring about a miracle.

Remember Gold Cup should affect TFC significantly as they lose players to Gold Cup activity ....so no rhythm will be developed when TFC goes Italian ...or Montenegrian or which ever flavour of coaching is chosen for the next talking points of MLSE executives..

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is already a thread for discussing TFC. Is it really necessary to have another, started by this forums number one troll.

Wouldn't we be better off setting this thread up for the Impact? The new MLS playoff format was pretty much designed so TFC could finally get in. :)

Trollium strikes again though.

Narduch ....

Love your analysis, the reason it is a different thread is to track the potential to see if TFC make it or not, the TFC 2015 thread tends to be a be too much Fan Boy fawning or outright angst versus management, hopefully you will take some time and look at the potential losses and wins and determine if TFC can get to the needed 45 points to ensure at least one playoff round.

If you look at it logically where have I underestimated TFC chances ?

More then the format of the playoff qualifiers was designed for TFC the unbalanced schedule if fraught with MLS head office influence, the league will take a huge step forward in cridibility if it goes to single table home and away format for 38 games ( with current 20 teams ) or plays in two seperate divisions with no cross overs during regular season and has four home and four away with each team in group of 10 for 36 games total ( but I digress ).

The real question at this point in the season is what games are winnable by TFC.

Narduch you commented on Montreal... and if you want go ahead and start a thread, you should note though Montreal has lost three games, Toronto has lost five, I suspect once Montreal finishes its 2015 Voyageurs Cup run the club will focus on MLS wins and hope to get a solid starting 11 that can draw in the CCL experience to win tough games or at least produce ties on the road to take points away from other contenders for the playoffs.

It will be tough year for Montreal, but there has always been a willingness to go out and try to find players within budget to get a result, I doubt this season will be different.

No matter how poor TFC is, I still see them finishing ahead of the 2 expansion teams and god awful Philly. Their top end talent probably pushes them above Montreal. Voila...playoff spot in the joke that is MLS.

Clearly Philly is in the weeds, not so sure Orlando can be dismissed yet in terms of clawing its way to a mid table result, with two wins four losses and three ties it looks like Adrain Heath the coach will do what is necessary to get ties as needed, taking points off the table, he clearly is a superior coach on form in North America then is Vanney, and that acumen can count up points as a season wears on.

I never read any of this page and just scrolled to the bottom to post, but I am willing to bet Trillium is up to his old tricks.

Just a general comment here:

Why do some people enjoy focusing on someone's elses shortcommings? Does it make some people feel better in some sort of twisted way? I've just never understood such behaviour. As a fan of a team I will gladfully boast about their accomplishments - but going out of my way to discuss a rivals failures? I dunno, it just feels petty to me and a waste of energy!

I never read any of this page and just scrolled to the bottom to post, but I am willing to bet Trillium is up to his old tricks.

Just a general comment here:

Why do some people enjoy focusing on someone's elses shortcommings? Does it make some people feel better in some sort of twisted way? I've just never understood such behaviour. As a fan of a team I will gladfully boast about their accomplishments - but going out of my way to discuss a rivals failures? I dunno, it just feels petty to me and a waste of energy!

Its funnier too considering how bad the Impact have been in the league.

When does the shine wear off the Ottawa venture into pro soccer? With such poor results it's only a matter of time that we start a Fury Death Watch thread.

http://www.nasl.com/standings

Money likely weighs more heavily than results, and since Ottawa Fury are part of the CFL ownership team, they likely don't have much to worry about in the short term. Honestly Edmonton should probably be more concerned, despite being a better team.

Money likely weighs more heavily than results, and since Ottawa Fury are part of the CFL ownership team, they likely don't have much to worry about in the short term. Honestly Edmonton should probably be more concerned, despite being a better team.

I second this, even with Fath's deep pockets and commitment to the team you have to think the financial losses are piling up with the lack of consistent butts in seats (save for section 107). That being said, corporately it looks like FC Edmonton is miles ahead of where they were when the Proudfoot / Miller era began

Anyways, stupid thread is stupid, regardless of how TFC just seems to be spinning its wheels year after year after year. I wish the mods would do something about the obvious trolling this thread was created for.

I was trolling, not really being serious...but now that you mention it, you do have a point about their CFL backing. It really helps when you have a long tradition of rock-solid, stable CFL ownership in your corner....

TFC eliminated from V Cup, on top of F H I T P and the failure of TFC supporters Groups to condemn the actions of the Millienials at the next home game with a just say NO aTIFO the Nation has to think no WWC games in TO was the right decision... kook aid drinkers welcome to comment.

TFC eliminated from V Cup, on top of F H I T P and the failure of TFC supporters Groups to condemn the actions of the Millienials at the next home game with a just say NO aTIFO the Nation has to think no WWC games in TO was the right decision... kook aid drinkers welcome to comment.

WTF?

image.jpg

This has to be the most absurd post I've ever seen here. Supporters have been all been opposed to what was said.

And what does this have to do with anything?

Can this Trillium troll be banned? I don't see how such utter bullshit and trolling helps the group.

Perhaps you need to read the Red Patch Boys forums...

you say... "Supporters have been all been opposed to what was said."

Post 11 in thread http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?37609-Toronto-FC-fans-confronted-by-City-News-reporter-following-vulgar-on-camera-remark

You cant expect everyone to conform to one sense of humor. It's not sexist nor is it harassment. It is a joke.

Post 400

Yup

Honestly these guys should have been removed from the stadium for x time then be asked to take a sensitivity course.

Loosing jobs and the expanded fallout is getting a bit much. They made a gross comment and a huge mistake in trying to defend it. The pile on is getting to be too much.

So...yes...there was not and is not universal condemnation by the supporters groups or all its members. There have been thoughtfull and appropriate comments that indicate how serious and issue it was and continues to be, there are posts worrying about how it makes the supporters groups look, but the leadership has not been activated to take a stand. I think they should have. Probably too late now.

Perhaps you need to read the Red Patch Boys forums...

you say... "Supporters have been all been opposed to what was said."

Post 11 in thread http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?37609-Toronto-FC-fans-confronted-by-City-News-reporter-following-vulgar-on-camera-remark

You cant expect everyone to conform to one sense of humor. It's not sexist nor is it harassment. It is a joke.

Post 400

Yup

Honestly these guys should have been removed from the stadium for x time then be asked to take a sensitivity course.

Loosing jobs and the expanded fallout is getting a bit much. They made a gross comment and a huge mistake in trying to defend it. The pile on is getting to be too much.

So...yes...there was not and is not universal condemnation by the supporters groups or all its members. There have been thoughtfull and appropriate comments that indicate how serious and issue it was and continues to be, there are posts worrying about how it makes the supporters groups look, but the leadership has not been activated to take a stand. I think they should have. Probably too late now.

Okay, there's a couple of morons out there. 99% then.  There's no shortage of people calling out the idiots.

But what does that have to do with here? And why are you being such god damn asshole and troll?  I have no idea who you are, or where you come from, or what your issue is, but stop this crap.  It's totally unnecessary and disgraceful.

I don't even know why this thread is necessary.  Surely we only need one thread for each team.

Man you are so weird...

FWIW, I don't believe the supporters need go out of their way to make a TIFO on this matter. Some loser got drunk and got inappropriate which has nothing to do with Toronto and everything to do with that individual.

The reporter got her dig in. Good for her - now let's move on from that circus.

I find the annual RTEW thread to be a bit a Voyageurs tradition. I think we should celebrate our traditions. :-)

And for the TFC fanboys, the only way to make it stop is to actually qualify for the post-season at some point.

Oh dear now you have torn it ( some people want to forget their history )  ... LOL

Seriously though a lot of angst and responses using terms like troll etc. but not a single thought out game by game refute of my original post and predictions for results, why not ?

Is it because those who purport to bleed red, do not analyze and accept the level of their team and finding solace in the small incremental steps taken to improve each year ?

Or is it just the ...lets yell loud and cast aspersions and maybe that will defeat someone elses viewpoint and argument regarding the long and storied history of TFC ?

I do not think TFC can win a league game when they jam in a Euro team on vacation game on a Wednesday between a game with Portland at home and San Jose, so three games in eight days, that is a tough assignment for a team, nfitz tell me what is your prediction for the team during those three games ?

Can they sneak out one win versus San Jose or Portland, or if there is win will be be versus Man City, a team who surely will be holiday mode.

Hoping for your considered reply.

Seriously though a lot of angst and responses using terms like troll etc. but not a single thought out game by game refute of my original post and predictions for results, why not ?

I personally just gloss right over all this stuff lately...so none of my business...but surprised you are actually asking this.  They are just tired of "feeding the troll" , as they all view you, so to speak...and prefer to save their analytics for a thread that they think will have more rational and reasoned arguments free from bias.  

Archived