Red Team Elimination Watch

Trillium

I find the annual RTEW thread to be a bit a Voyageurs tradition. I think we should celebrate our traditions. :-)

Kind of like the "Whitecaps hate Canada"? But wait, you get all whiney and bitchy with that tradition, don't you?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

" rational and reasoned arguments free from bias"  

Rational and reasoned arguments always have a bias, if not everyone would be in agreement, fine if you think your reasoning is right, I do not agree, does that indicate I have a bias, of course it does.

Again though ask yourself .... will TFC make the playoffs ?

Why do you think they will, what is your argument to support your supposition ?

Or are you just thinking they will make it on a Wing and a prayer ?

And in the spirit of ...suggestion, perhaps a new TFC chant could be crafted by this old song.

One of our planes was missing

Two hours overdue

One of our planes was missing

With all its gallant crew

The radio sets were humming

We waited for a word

Then a noise broke

Through the humming and this is what we heard

Comin' in on a wing and a prayer

Though there's one motor gone

We can still carry on

What a show, what a fight, boys

We really hit our target for tonight

How we sing as we limp through the air

Look below, there's our field over there

With just one motor gone

We can still carry on

Kind of like the "Whitecaps hate Canada"? But wait, you get all whiney and bitchy with that tradition, don't you?

No that's me that gets all pissed off about that tradition. SthMelbRed is rather subdued on it IMHO     :)

Fortunately this year I think we are actually in the lead for most Canadian minutes. How that will shake out with Sam's most recent injury we'll have to see. 

No that's me that gets all pissed off about that tradition. SthMelbRed is rather subdued on it IMHO      :)

Fortunately this year I think we are actually in the lead for most Canadian minutes. How that will shake out with Sam's most recent injury we'll have to see. 

By my count (percentage of total minutes) Toronto snuck ahead after this Wednesday's games. But Vancouver's commitment this year is impressive relative to past years', and there seems to be more talent in the pipeline.

TFC eliminated from V Cup, on top of F H I T P and the failure of TFC supporters Groups to condemn the actions of the Millienials at the next home game with a just say NO aTIFO the Nation has to think no WWC games in TO was the right decision... kook aid drinkers welcome to comment.

I'm a TFC supporter and I must say this thread has become indeed a tradition. I think there are two kinds of TFC supporters, those that drink the kook aid and those that don't drink it, and what makes this thread a tradition is not TFC performance but rather the reaction of the kook aid drinkers against Trillium comments :)

I do not think TFC can win a league game when they jam in a Euro team on vacation game on a Wednesday between a game with Portland at home and San Jose, so three games in eight days, that is a tough assignment for a team, nfitz tell me what is your prediction for the team during those three games ?

I really have no interest in debating TFCs outcome at the Voyageurs board, let alone with a troll.

I wasn't objecting to a discussion of TFC, I was objecting to outright trolling and moronic infantile bullshit like "no WWC games in TO was the right decision" (the decision of the city, BTW, not CSA).

You don't seem to have any interest in this team. So why troll?

TFC has as good a shot of making the playoffs as anyone. By league standards their starting eleven is above average, their depth is average and their coaching staff/tactics are below average. That makes for a close race to the finish line. I won't be surprised either way but I think with Altidore and Giovinco they have two players who can put the team on their backs - that could be the X-factor.

I wish for Vanny to figure things out because if TFC had Sigi or Arena or that level of coach I believe they'd be a force because on paper they are a top five team in the league no question.

Giovinco

Altidore

Bradley

Cheryou

Those players are all-star calibar

Morrow

Perquis

Osorio

Moore

Caldwell

Those players are above average

Dike

Warner

Morgan

Bloom

Crevalle

Jackson

Those players are at least average

The rest are below average. By comparison I would say this is how Vancouver and Montreal stack up

Morales

Octavio

Allstar calibar

Rosales

Laba

Watson

Teibert

Koffee

Mattocks

Beitashour

Manneh

Above average

Ousted

Mezquida

Hurtado

Adekugbe

Harvey

Kah

At least average

The rest are below average.

Cimon

Piatti

Allstar calibar

Nigel Rio Coker

Oduro

Romero

Duka

MacInerney

Above average

Tissot

Donadell

Bernier

Tioa

Soumare

Camara

Mallace

Cabrera

The rest are below average

So yeah I probably missed some obvious people and you can debate a few of those (Cheryou is on the boarder of all-star/above average and so is Octavio and Cimon - maybe even a Rosales or Laba too). But - the point is to see where the talent is distributed on each squad. Certainly you could say that TFC on paper should not be a team that needs an elimination watch. Yet it has been justified and that goes down to coaching and changing the culture and getting a winning mentality. TFC are on their way with those but the tactics/coaching is the one major stumbling block.

No that's me that gets all pissed off about that tradition. SthMelbRed is rather subdued on it IMHO      :)

SthMelbred's thing is more about saying that Vancouver shouldn't have MNT  games because of artificial turf or distance or anything that is trying to dismiss Vancouver.

Please Obinna don't feed the troll. As has already been mentioned earlier in the thread there is an existing TFC 2015 season thread discussing the team including its chances of making the playoffs (which with 2 expansion teams and Philly and Montreal sucking makes it much easier to achieve this season).

Speaking of TFC, they are a soccer team.  AFC Wimbledon is also a soccer team.  They are located in Kingston-upon-Thames.  That is coincidentally where Johnny Miller is from.  He is also Sherlock Holmes in the show "Elementary".  I am currently watching that show.

Coincidence?  I don't think so.

Either way, I hope he solves this intriguing case in the next 35 minutes.

Speaking of TFC, they are a soccer team.  AFC Wimbledon is also a soccer team.  They are located in Kingston-upon-Thames.  That is coincidentally where Johnny Miller is from.  He is also Sherlock Holmes in the show "Elementary".  I am currently watching that show.

Coincidence?  I don't think so.

Either way, I hope he solves this intriguing case in the next 35 minutes.

It looks like he is closing in on a suspect.

The game is afoot...

I'm confused. What happened to the turtle?

Interesting story: I went back and found it again.  Poured a whole canister of ooze on it while playing a lot of Vanilla Ice.  So far, no mutation.  Still watching though.  Will keep you updated.

I really have no interest in debating TFCs outcome at the Voyageurs board, let alone with a troll.

I wasn't objecting to a discussion of TFC, I was objecting to outright trolling and moronic infantile bullshit like "no WWC games in TO was the right decision" (the decision of the city, BTW, not CSA).

You don't seem to have any interestlaun this team. So why troll?

Starting a thread,year after year till as some claim it has become a tradition... surely that shows interest, its when no one ( Perhaps folks like you ) do not want to talk, debate or decry about TFC then interest wains and empty seats become the norm.

As to talking about TFC hereon a site dedicated to soccer in Canada, where else to debate nfitz? Signing into the RPB site and posting there would be trolling...debating here on topics like the National soccer stadium hosting the Argos, or the state of the Alberta soccer association etc. is a purosevif this site in my view...and yes TFC results loom large because they were the first MLS side in Canada and ushered in a different MLS, and with the largest SSS now in MLS the franchise should be the best in MLS.

TFC has as good a shot of making the playoffs as anyone.

on paper they are a top five team in the league no question.

Giovinco

Altidore

Bradley

Cheryou

I think you will make the playoffs this year. For once your high priced players are not fragile. Altidore and Bradley are very durable. Whether they are worth the amount you paid is another discussion entirely. Giovinco is amazing. On paper Juve should have been blown out by Real Madrid. "In theory all theories are theoretically correct" type stuff. It doesn't matter what's on paper. It's what shows up on the field week after week.

- As to our players I've got to disagree. The most important 3 for us are clearly the defensive spine.

Ousted as the best we've had since Phil Parkes stalked the box.  One of the best in the league.

Waston is just dominant in the air and a true intimidating CB if there ever was one.

Laba is our "Mascherano" and reduces chances up the middle in a huge way.

- The others show lots of potential and if things work out we'll have 6 top flight players.

Octavio - Kind of early but looks like the real deal. Even when he doesn't score he does so many "forward" things correctly that it's amazing. You could school young kids by having them watch how he plays the position with and without the ball. His finishing is good (40 Sh, 19 SoG, 6 G).

Morales - Brilliant at times (especially at home) but inconsistent. Other teams know what he can do now and are marking him harder. It doesn't help when a lot of his team mates wait for you to make the play and defer to him way too much.

Manneh - Scary good full speed dribbler but inconsistent. About what you'd expect from a young player. Our "Sterling" in the rough   :)

Anyway we are the first 3 games in today's lineup (Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto) so here's hoping for the infamous "9 Point Weekend" !

The thing that I like about turtles is that they are so multi-talented.  You can find a turtle for almost any situation:

Need a turtle for a black tie afair? - Mr. Turtle

Need someone to entertain the kids? - Franklin the Turtle

Having some trouble with some local thugs? - Ninja Turtles

Need to capture a princess? - Koopa Troopas

Need to win a race?  - The tortoise (ok, not really a turtle, but they are identical to the untrained eye)

Need some soup? - any turtle will do

Finally, something real to debate: Franklin the Turtle can go get bent.

It makes absolutely no sense that he is known as Franklin and his sister is Harriet and their friends are known as Bear and Goose and Rabbit and motherfuckin' Snail.  Why the hell don't they get names?  Did the author run out of names after Franklin and Harriet?  That is complete bullshit.

At least the theme song for the show is by Bruce Cockburn.  That's a sweet tune.  "He-ey, it's Franklin.!"

The thing that I like about turtles is that they are so multi-talented.  You can find a turtle for almost any situation:

Need a turtle for a black tie afair? - Mr. Turtle

Having some trouble with some local thugs? - Ninja Turtles

Need to capture a princess? - Koopa Troopas

Need to win a race?  - The tortoise (ok, not really a turtle, but they are identical to the untrained eye)

Need some soup? - any turtle will do

Good start.  More:

Need to drop some hipster music knowledge: Tortoise's "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

Need an adolescent crush but Kelly Kapowski and Jesse Spano seem too much to handle: Lisa Turtle

Need something to destroy a city: Gamera

Need someone in your entourage to drive you around: Turtle

Need a type of dove to give as a Christmas present: Turtle Dove (preferably 2)

Need something to wear that looks goofy in any situation: Turtleneck

Interesting story: I went back and found it again.  Poured a whole canister of ooze on it while playing a lot of Vanilla Ice.  So far, no mutation.  Still watching though.  Will keep you updated.

Update: Day 5.  Still no mutation.  Turtle does not respond to the Renaissance painter name that I have chosen for it (Andrea del Verrochio).  I now know all the lyrics to Ninja Rap.

Archived