Red Team Elimination Watch

Trillium

SthMelbred's thing is more about saying that Vancouver shouldn't have MNT  games because of artificial turf or distance or anything that is trying to dismiss Vancouver.

My beef isn't Vancouver-specific. I disagree that, in a country as big as Canada, the national team should play all home matches exclusively in on city. It's terribly short-sighted.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused. All of us have been talking about actual turtles this entire time, but you are talking about figurative turtles. Can you hug a figurative turtle? Can a figurative turtle deliver you a box of chocolates? Does a figurative turtle have the nunchuk skills to save you from the Foot Clan? I think we all know the answers to these questions. 1 real turtle is worth 100 figurative turtles any day of the week.

Confused ? Of course you can hug a figurative turtle in exactly same way Kook Aid drinkers ( registered trollium mark ) hug their figurative MLS playoff team.

But seriously if FC Edmonton have the rally rabbit should TFC not adopt the Blandings turtle as the clubs magic animal?

Did you notice Jozy A is out for four to six weeks, that will mean the ant will not get the same thru balls, his loss probably equals a loss of four points during his absence, to what was expected.

Musing over the Tortoise and the Hare story and the moral of the story.

El Hombre is TFC the turtle or the hare, of course you might just be thinking TFC stands for Turtle Football Club.

I note you wish your turtle would chuck a throwing star once in a while, would that be like TFC making the playoffs?

In any case the ground share era is to begin, the pitch might well end up as chocolate ouze, letting your turtle mutate even more, especially when Avro Arrow let's the hose run to wash out the lines.

Trillium, I have to disagree with you here.  I think Lucy Liu is a terrific actress, especially as Watson on Elementary.  What some people call bland acting, I call understated.  I cannot understand how you don't see it this way.

Imagine the crime solving capabilities if Watson was played by Lucy Liu and Sherlock Holmes was played by a turtle!  They'd have those crimes solved before they were even committed.  Plus the on screen chemistry would be fantastic.

Trillium, I have to disagree with you here.  I think Lucy Liu is a terrific actress, especially as Watson on Elementary.  What some people call bland acting, I call understated.  I cannot understand how you don't see it this way.

From Lucy Liu herself....

"on playing a female version of the "Dr. Watson" character in Elementary (2012)] I think flawed characters, having a history and a mysterious past, are always going to keep the audience engaged. Naturally, the connection between the two of them [i.e. with "Sherlock Holmes"] is his oddities and, you know, his inability to be as stable as most people would like to be. She's just as unstable, but not as obvious, because she's trying to distract her own problems with his problems.."

I take it you identify with her as Watson ... the not as obivious unstable part ?

From Lucy Liu herself....

"on playing a female version of the "Dr. Watson" character in Elementary (2012)] I think flawed characters, having a history and a mysterious past, are always going to keep the audience engaged. Naturally, the connection between the two of them [i.e. with "Sherlock Holmes"] is his oddities and, you know, his inability to be as stable as most people would like to be. She's just as unstable, but not as obvious, because she's trying to distract her own problems with his problems.."

I take it you identify with her as Watson ... the not as obivious unstable part ?

Y'know what, I think you're right: they really should bring back Rhys Ifans as Mycroft.  He was a great character.  Not sure why they had to give him cancer, it wasn't much of a plot point, in my opinion.  He's a great actor though, especially in Notting Hill.

I think Trillium should be cast beside her as Holmes, he's obviously less stable. But that leaves the turtle without a part...

At least you are now fully acknowledging the idea of superior intelligence, one thing to be ... eccentric and intelligent and analytical .i.e. Holmesian and fully another to just be a Mayfly man suffering from monomania Jpg75, and yes ... I would gladly act beside Lucy Liu...just have to make sure my ACTRA card is valid.

I hear TFC II host the Rhinos on Saturday at BMO are you going for the night game ?

At least you are now fully acknowledging the idea of superior intelligence, one thing to be ... eccentric and intelligent and analytical .i.e. Holmesian and fully another to just be a Mayfly man suffering from monomania Jpg75, and yes ... I would gladly act beside Lucy Liu...just have to make sure my ACTRA card is valid.

I hear TFC II host the Rhinos on Saturday at BMO are you going for the night game ?

Acting just might be the vocation you've been looking for...anustart so to speak 

TobiasArrestedDevelopment.gif

• 2 months later...

When does the shine wear off the Ottawa venture into pro soccer? With such poor results it's only a matter of time that we start a Fury Death Watch thread.

http://www.nasl.com/standings

jpg75, you might want to revise you opinion, Fury in first in Fall season, and growing attendance, solid coaching performance and a just expired good run at undefeated league record...oh and surprise surprise the pesky Eddies in second place.

By the way jpg75 Montreal with two games in hand sit three points behind TFC, and will be bringing in a new DP on weekend to help offensive production.With Ciman as MLS best defender in line up I think Montreal can catch Toronto once both teams are even at games played, where is your thought process on the season?

Here's a much more pressing question:  Despite only a 5.9 rating on IMDB and an estimated $125,000,000 budget, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live action movie still made over $700,000,000 world wide.  Do you think this type of profit means there will be a sequel?

I certainly hope so.  Megan Fox and Will Arnett are the new Clark Gable/Vivien Leigh!

Here's a much more pressing question:  Despite only a 5.9 rating on IMDB and an estimated $125,000,000 budget, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live action movie still made over $700,000,000 world wide.  Do you think this type of profit means there will be a sequel?

I certainly hope so.  Megan Fox and Will Arnett are the new Clark Gable/Vivien Leigh!

Already in production.  Slated for release June 3rd, 2016.

Mark my words: turtles are the new vampires.  You're going to see a lot of young adult novels come out with strong teenage female characters falling in love with brooding turtles that are just trying to figure out how to love in this crazy mixed-up world.

• 4 weeks later...

Ivan, why wonder? If you actually apply logic and analyze the players and coaches game to game do you not understand the fudemental problems? Lots of folks get pissed at my analysis, but seriously the stats are very good over the long term. trends. TFC is on a downward spiral, they are not yet done, but the essence of TFC is rising, shocking I know but I want TFC to grow and make the playoffs, its good for the game in Canada, but aliss to NYFC at this juncture must hurt the Kook Aid Drinkers.

Hopefully a deep TFC supporter will put forward an analysis of the opponents to come and TFC options to win,Turtle visions welcome El Hombre where are things at in your mind.

Well, the positive spin you can put on things is that hopefully they are getting their bad stretch out of the way before the end of the season. The negative spin is that a home playoff game in the first round looks like a very distant possibility. That back four is shocking, a washed up Ligue 1 player and a converted RB they got off waivers are starting a CB and a 20 year-old DM at RB? Oi. How was that not fixed over the transfer window?

Archived