TFC II

mmd

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a couple of home games coming up against teams that look beatable, how unfortunate is it that TFC2 has to do without Roberts, Bouchard, Aparicio, Manella, Babouli and Edwards? Talking about bad scheduling eh. Btw I thought Hamilton was also on that list?

With a couple of home games coming up against teams that look beatable, how unfortunate is it that TFC2 has to do without Roberts, Bouchard, Aparicio, Manella, Babouli and Edwards? Talking about bad scheduling eh. Btw I thought Hamilton was also on that list?

Hamilton wasn't on the list. I wonder when Luke Moore comes back from the death in his family if Hamilton will go back to TFC2 though.

With regards to Laurent Guyot.

This no doubt aligns with MLS' partnership with the FFF with regards to learning their best practices on player development. I think if any one MLS city would benefit the most from this, it would be Toronto.  

Not unfortunate at all. Those players will get great experience from playing at the pan am games and younger players will get an opportunity to fill their spots in the usl.

Can NCAA players play in the USL without causing any problems to their NCAA eligibility? I'd love to see a guy like Roubos play for tfc2.

I believe players can play there pre-enrollment but once they are enrolled in school they are no longer eligible

I'm watching TFC vs Rochester right now. It's the same as every game I see, a lot of back passing and then aimlessly booting the ball up front. I realize they're missing some important players, but even when they have the full squad available it seems to be the same theme.

Watching this game vs. the VWFC2 team last night is a complete opposite experience. TFC2 should have signed some competent veterans so they can be competitive in games and allow their best players to actually be able to perform in their roles. Both this team and FC Montreal will have to re-evaulate how they build their teams for next year.

It's nice to see the team get their own stadium, even if no one is going to get it confused with Old Trafford. This turf looks really slow right now but it may be the heat.

Watching this game vs. the VWFC2 team last night is a complete opposite experience. TFC2 should have signed some competent veterans so they can be competitive in games and allow their best players to actually be able to perform in their roles. Both this team and FC Montreal will have to re-evaulate how they build their teams for next year.

It's nice to see the team get their own stadium, even if no one is going to get it confused with Old Trafford. This turf looks really slow right now but it may be the heat.

I agree. I don't see the benefit for these kids right now. Gaining USL experience is only one part of the equation. Some of these kids need to be in a position where they get the ball and contribute, not chase the ball the whole game.

While I agree with you on your central premisse, let's keep things in perspective. VWFC2 barely played any Canadians in their last game. During the season they've played fewer Canadians and older players than both TFC2 and Montreal. 

I've also pointed out that TFC2 has been disproportionally hit by the Gold Cup and especially the Panam Games. Both with the number of players selected and the number of home games in the same period.

Moreover, Van2 has accumulated 22 points in 18 games right now, TFC2 has played 5 games less and are 10 points behind. You do the math. And then consider they are in the stronger conference (I'm guessing here I admit, but the east does have more "traditional USL teams" than the West). 

Only came on as a sub but very impressed with Gabriel Boakye. Thought he was one of Canada's best players at the u17 qualifiers and saw that quality again tonite. He's very fast, aggressive and has nice touch. Canada's right back of the future?

One more question: when did Malik Johnson move to centre mid? Thought he was pretty good there tonite.

This team is awful to watch right now, too young, not good enough and playing a 4-4-2 that means they get outnumbered in midfield where they need the most help. Ironic that they are joining the senior team in inaugarating their new stadium with a long goal-less streak.

This match should have been the curtain-raiser for TFCII at Vaughan for July 5th. It's too bad that this one got delayed to a Tuesday evening instead with the Pan-Ams going on.

I was pretty pumped up for the game facing FC Montreal but would definitely have liked to see a few more bums in the stands.

Was good to see how appreciative the players were of the supporters section, it kinda felt like my old days supporting the Ottawa PDL side.

Archived