TFC II

mmd

It would be odd for him to develop between 19 and 22?  Contradicting yourself because clearly your boy Balbouli managed to pull it off.  

Hamilton is still a very solid prospect and will continue to grow.  He's 19 years old and has been a star for Canada at every level, even outperforming Larin on the U20 team.  He has size, speed and finishing ability I think at worst he'll develop into an MLS journeyman/Marcus Haber type player.   

I saw Hamilton at all those levels, and really never saw all that skill that others saw.  that's just me though...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in January Hamilton was the toast of the town when he was scoring for the U20 team now he's had a sub par USL season and I think people are over reacting. It probably has a lot to do with fatigue too.. we're talking about a guy who has been playing football non-stop for nearly 2 years now between national team call-ups, his loan and now back with TFC. For me the most impressive showings for Hamilton have been against the EPL teams, I think he deserves a legitimate shot at the senior level.

If we were to switch Larin and Hamilton's places I'm not sure that Larin would be dominating for TFC II either.

USL PRO is a great thing for our players. They must prove themselves against pros before moving up to the first team. After years and years of proclaiming teenagers were the real deal without playing against pros only to then not be able to cut it, this is refreshing.

There's nothing wrong with Hamilton proving his quality in USL PRO for a few years. We are always in such a rush with our young players. I'm still not ready to judge him one way or another. One more year in USL PRO (3 years) would be an appropriate gauge of his ability. He is 19 years old, it is ridiculous to judge him yet. Who is to say he doesn't find his rhythm and consistency at 20, 21, 22 or 23? Why do we need to proclaim this player with some title at 19?

That's true...it's a fickle world for strikers though.  If you don't score in buckets at low levels, it's tough to get noticed.  Even when the problem is service, unfortunately.  

A new midfielder sending a couple through balls, and a quick hat trick can change everyone's perception fast.

As much as I was pumping Babouli's tires, in Sherm's words, if he was truly doing HIS job, it would be Hamilton with more goals, right?

That's true...it's a fickle world for strikers though.  If you don't score in buckets at low levels, it's tough to get noticed.  Even when the problem is service, unfortunately.  

A new midfielder sending a couple through balls, and a quick hat trick can change everyone's perception fast.

As much as I was pumping Babouli's tires, in Sherm's words, if he was truly doing HIS job, it would be Hamilton with more goals, right?

Maybe TFC2 will be better next year and the strikers will get more chances to prove their worth. You need a Romeo Lukaku type big strong fast forward to create everything for themselves when there is not a ton of service. Hamilton is not that type of striker, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm with Soccerpro. Not sold on Hamilton and not writing him off either. He's 19 and has plenty of time to grow into a useful striker for the CMNT.

At the same time, I am confident that he will not be a world star (not that anyone has come out and made such a prediction). At 19, he is young but not THAT young and if he was truely a special talent he would have shown more already. So, while I am not expecting him to be our Chicharito, I still think he can be the next Simeon Jackson - which is fine. The more decent strikers we have the better!

I have seen Hamilton play countless times, live and not, and I have to be honest, I almost never see anything amazing from him. I think he is really overrated but I wish the best for him and I hope I am wrong. I just don't get disappointed every time I see him play. 

I have seen Hamilton play countless times, live and not, and I have to be honest, I almost never see anything amazing from him. I think he is really overrated but I wish the best for him and I hope I am wrong. I just don't get disappointed every time I see him play. 

That's sort of what I was saying, the more limited opportunities I have had to see him play, I haven't seen that much special.  Including the youth guys where he happened to score.

What will be the starting line-up tonight?

----------------------------- Roberts ------------------------------

Charpie -------- Thomas© --------- Ononye --------- Kaye

Aparicio -------- A.Osorio --------- Edwards -------- Babouli

-------------------------- Jobe ------- Phillip -----------------------

• 2 weeks later...

TFC2 draws @ Wilmington 2-2, Bernal scores twice for his first goals of the season. I don't think that's enough for him to come back next year but he's certainly played a lot of minutes so I guess Bent sees something in him. Once again, the archived stream was missing large chunks of the game, including all four goals. Jordan Hamilton looked lively from what I saw even though he couldn't finish his good chances; something about playing in Wilmington agrees with him. They finish up at Rochester, who are the best team in USL by some margin, but who have also already have their first overall playoff seed secure.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived