TFC II

mmd

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a clear foul on Bono in the 6 yard box on the second goal for Charleston. However, you could see the lack of experience especially in the back-line with this team. Conceding that last goal was just criminal (as Colin Miller would say), Bono and at least 3 players could have easily cleared that ball. But hey, that's why they play these games I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Toronto 2 will do very well when their stadium gets built and they get established in the next year or two, while Vancouver probably needs a more central home to get really good crowds and I can't say about FC Montreal.

Vancouver "sold out" at 3,208 fans vs. TFC, way out at UBC. Must admit I was surprised but the Caps promoted it very well, and they were not playing at home that weekend. Suggests that if you have a fan base for the MLS team, some might want to watch football on the off weekends. They even divided the stands so that on one side you had the "family" section (no crack or swearing), and the "supporters" on the other.

If most fans paid the 15 bucks that would be upward of 45,000 in revenue.

Thing is, it is actually a pleasant place to go on a Sunday afternoon. I went to see a PDL game there two summers ago, free, maybe there were 47 people in the stands, mostly family members.

TFC II has signed US YNT player Ben Spencer on loan from Molde.

I think this is a good move because Hamilton won't be playing every game with YNT call-ups and bouncing between TFC and TFC II (same with Babouli on the former, possibly). Plus Bent hasn't really used Bernal or Rivas. Spencer is really tall and will add a new dimension to the attack.

Plus any decent young CDN FW options for TFC seem to be better wingers than actual strikers.

Originally I was like "WTF why is TFC II signing an American prospect on loan" but having Babouli move out wide makes more sense. Is Nunes more of a winger as well?

Yes, Nunes has been playing out wide. TFC doesn't really have any homegrown strikers that are ready for USL. Any decent FW options, like Raheem Edwards have shown to be better suited out wide.

edit: I will say though, it sounds like Vanney is doing this kid a favour because they're close. I don't like the sound of that.

Definitely don't like the way TFC is becoming so american.  I guess it doesn't matter, Vanney will get binned in a few months and TFC will move in a new direction.

I agree with you.

Although this move leads me to believe that Vanney's departure isn't as imminent as I hope.

With the loss of last Saturday, Vanney's record as TFC coach is now 3 wins, 10 losses and 2 ties. 15 games coached and only 3 wins....

I was expecting the announcement of a new TFC coach during the off season. I thought it should have been the most important event of the organization, an event that never happened. The most frustrating thing with Bez is that he fires Nelsen and the new coach has the same profile as the former: retired professional player with no experience at all as a coach.

• 2 weeks later...

Two big pieces of news:

i) USL players won't be allowed to play in the V's cup for the Canadian teams. The question is then why those teams aren't allowed to compete in the cup itself?

ii) In Rocket Robin's L10 update here, he mentioned that the Ontario Soccer Center work, supposed to be open for TFC 2 on July 1, doesn't even look to have been started.

• 3 weeks later...

With the loss of last Saturday, Vanney's record as TFC coach is now 3 wins, 10 losses and 2 ties. 15 games coached and only 3 wins....

I was expecting the announcement of a new TFC coach during the off season. I thought it should have been the most important event of the organization, an event that never happened. The most frustrating thing with Bez is that he fires Nelsen and the new coach has the same profile as the former: retired professional player with no experience at all as a coach.

Even worse is that part of Nelsen's appeal was his relationship with Defoe. Bez had a chance to learn from his mistake but missed it with Vanny - who has close ties with both American DP's. Crossing my fingers that Altidore and Bradley aren't affected when Vanny gets the ol heave-ho.

May 23, 2015   played at BMO Field after the MLS game

Toronto FC II    0    Rochester Rhinos   0

my game report:      http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports15/15tfc253.htm

Flares and smokebombs are allowed at BMO during TFC II matches?

"Fans were herded into the East side stands except the

Supporters groups who could stay in the South end and light off flares and smoke bombs."

Flares and smokebombs are allowed at BMO during TFC II matches?

"Fans were herded into the East side stands except the

Supporters groups who could stay in the South end and light off flares and smoke bombs."

There have been smoke bombs at every TFC match so far this year which is surprising.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived