TFC II

mmd

Great Idea, this should give L1O  kids a chance to move to the next level.

From my understanding TFC Academy will still be in L1O and the kids they feel can move up to the next level will move to USL Pro. Hopefulley this not limited to only TFC Kids. L10 have many kids from different clubs that deserve a chance.

I hope this is the beginning of Canadian kids getting their chance with TFC, MTL & Van in USL pro.

It's great that we can bring in big name stars, but it will be even better creating our own Canadian Stars!!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so who do we think is going to be on this team? Hamilton, Aparicio, Mannella, Roberts are the obvious ones. Who else do we think though? Mark Anthony Kaye? Ashtone Morgan? Thomas?

Good question.

Besides obvious, it's hard to predict how TFC II going to fill their roster.  Maybe we see some League One players being signed? 

Hopefully not the whole TFC Academy team.

I think some other players in L10 deserve a chance, alot of good players.

TFC should use The L10 season to scout players and help them move to the next level. Not all TFC Academy players deserve to be there. Every Club had a couple of great players that can easily replace some of the current TFC Academy Squad.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^This is like the easiest thing to do. I don't get why most MLS teams can't get their heads around it.

Even If teams don't want to pay a player's salary and tuition at the same, they should at least offer a stipulation in a player's contract where they will pay for his University tuition when his career is over. For Canadian teams at the very least, their players who are on the fence between singing a contract or going to college will lean towards continuing their professional development over attending the NCAA.

I wonder if any of the canadian clubs would consider something like this? It would alleviate a lot of the concerns surrounding the ncaa's rules and compacted scheduling.

http://www.onceametro.com/2015/2/13/8027607/the-red-bulls-have-to-rise-to-the-galaxys-challenge

This is almost exactly what I suggested in the NCAA thread a while back. Those Canadian players in NCAA are the ones that should be the beginning nucleus of a Canadian league. If we can't afford to pay large salaries right off the bat, offer them tuition to a Canadian institution.

TFC II played University of South Florida

the starters were

Bono, Charpie, Thomas, Simonin, Davis, Mannella, Uccello, Rivas, Aparicio, Hamilton, Ramos

subs IN: Lo Presti, Bernal, Doublette, Babouli, Roberts OUT: Bono, Edwards, Uccello, Ramos, Hamilton

Kaye subbed in later for Rivas

2 - 0 win for TFC II, goals by Aparicio and Bernal

• 3 weeks later...
Wrote a recap of the friendly between TFC II and Ottawa, was there for Canadian Soccer News, more through the perspective of Fury FC, but I tried to observe what I can for TFC II. Looking forward to the games in Vaughan!

https://offcreview.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/2015-fury-fc-friendly-toronto-fc-ii-vs-ottawa-fury-fc-review/

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/ottcityfootie/preseason-%E2%80%93-toronto-fc-ii-vs-ottawa-fury-fc-review-r5088

Archived