TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

Love that they brought DeRo back. He may have his detractors but the stats don't lie, even with last season being the "worst" of his MLS career he still managed to lead DC United to a US Open Cup while winning MVP and led DCU in goals during the MLS season. On top of that he was easily Canada's only threat going forward and captained the side. Eager to see what he brings to the table in 2014.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love that they brought DeRo back. He may have his detractors but the stats don't lie, even with last season being the "worst" of his MLS career he still managed to lead DC United to a US Open Cup while winning MVP and led DCU in goals during the MLS season. On top of that he was easily Canada's only threat going forward and captained the side. Eager to see what he brings to the table in 2014.

I actually do think it's a good move. A slightly-less-old DeRo led the team to near respectability with a much weaker supporting cast. Will be interesting to see him back in TFC colours with all the help brought in alongside him (at least on offence).

Wasn't he also the overall leading scoring in USOC play as well? I think he potted at least 5 goals in that competition. A bit more impressive than being DC's top scoring in MLS play, which was only 3 goals (tied with Porter actually).

I wonder where he will be deployed? Nelson seems like a 4-4-2 type of coach, so will DeRo play on the left wing like he has on the CMNT in the past? I think that Osorio and Laba will continue their CM partnership, and I think that Jackson is a good bet to play out on the right flank. Another interesting option would be to play him behind either Defoe or Dike.

DeRo gives Nelson an opportunity to give TFC a lot of interesting attacking looks.

Wasn't he also the overall leading scoring in USOC play as well? I think he potted at least 5 goals in that competition. A bit more impressive than being DC's top scoring in MLS play, which was only 3 goals (tied with Porter actually).

The top scorer for DC was Own Goal. how dare you disrespect such a prolific journeyman footballer ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Sportsnet has a report up that says:

"It would appear as though Toronto FC is set to pull off one of the biggest coups and player signings in the history of Major League Soccer.

Multiple media outlets are reporting that TFC is set to announce a deal with American midfielder Michael Bradley, currently under contract to Italian club AS Roma."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/report-toronto-fc-signs-michael-bradley/

If it comes to pass then MLSE certainly has been a busy bunch in the off season.

My guess is either Laba is going to get moved because Payne brought him in or that we are about to see another magical change to the MLS's rules. Either that or Defoe is gone.

Defoe is coming. Press conference on Monday morning.

Laba either traded or TFC has enough allocation money to pay down Laba salary cap.

Would not be surprised if some TFC fans sour on Bradley quickly. Like de Guzman, he won't be scoring goals. Also have to wonder how De Ro will act out if he has a hot start and sees these guys making 10x his salary or more.

Bradley will be used as a box to box, playmaker role. as long as he's dishing out assists, nobody will complain

DeRo needs to wake up that he's old and on the downside of his career with nowhere the pedigree Defoe and Bradley has. It's not 2010 anymore

Archived