TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kovermans was the most efficient scorer in TFC's history (17 in 30 games). Better rate than Dichio and DeRo, but then he discovered turf. After wrecking his knee, it was game over a his age. The release was expected, but in typical fashion, MLSE just sweeps away those who can do nothing more for them without even a thanks. From what I've seen this year, I'm not even sure they told him he's being released.

I wish him best of luck back home.

Thomas was so invisible this season, that I can't tell he was a player or waterboy.

We got rid of Convey but renewed the option for Reggie Lambe? I'm baffled at that. Maybe Convey's salary was too high, but why renew Reggie Lambe at all? Also disappointed about Earnshaw leaving, I hope this means that Gilardino & Defoe are as good as signed.

I'm also surprised (though not disappointed) that the renewed Welshman - I assume with his lack of chances to play last year that Nelsen didn't rate him at all.

This is the TFC roster so far this offseason:

Goalkeepers (3): Joe Bendik, Chris Konopka, Quillan Roberts.

Defenders (8): Steven Caldwell, Richard Eckersley, Jonas Elmer, Doneil Henry, Ashtone Morgan, Gale Agbossoumonde, Mark Bloom, Ryan Richter.

Midfielders (7): Kyle Bekker, Matias Laba, Jonathan Osorio, Alvaro Rey, Jeremy Hall, Manny Aparicio, Reggie Lambe.

Forwards (3): Bright Dike, Emery Welshman, Andrew Wiedeman.

Our new GM (with an impossible name to pronounce and spell, but not copy/paste) Tim Bezbatchenko, states that they will try to renegotiate with some of the players without renewed options to keep them on the roster for less. I would like to have a guy like Convey back, but not if we resign DeRo as he can take that left side mid and feed our 2 shiny/new DPs (and by shiny/new, I mean rusty/old)

Football Weekly, the Guardian's podcast, intimated that Gilardino had come to an agreement with MLS, though he's not signed officially as of yet.

With the presumed additions of Gilardino & Defoe, all TFC will need is Ontario native Ademolu and they will have three of the most exciting 31 year-olds on the planet.

Would be a smart signing. Still young. Has experience and should still be on the rise. In this case, you are not paying for history. Probably a target for mid-tier European clubs rather than biggest European clubs. Or Big Brazilian clubs.

Apparently Toronto is closing in on signing Gilberto Oliveira Souza Jr. from Brazil:

Link to Wiki about Souza: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilberto_Oliveira_Souza_Junior

Link to article: http://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/2013/12/05/toronto_fc_closing_in_on_talented_brazilian_gilberto_kelly.html

Archived