CANADA vs Martinique - July 7th - 2:30pm PST (R) Game Thread

Guest Future CanWNT

Honduras, there was more on the line and we were actually playing our best players. We knew this team wouldn't be very good, we just didn't realise how bad.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I distinctly remember people telling me I was nuts when in the middle of WCQ (before the Honduras result) I was talking about how Canada would be in a tough transition period after the WCQ was over. Like a LOT of people blasted me for that. I'm a blind squirrel with a nut, and it tastes like ****.

I also remember making a poke at Jamaica when our WCQ (to me) seemed assured, though, and that one tasted even worse, and I got justifiably SUPER blasted for that one.

2 subs!?!?! Miller should resign how in the **** do you explain the sub situtation when you could have capped Aleman. Oh and as somehow who defended Rickettes i can say that i was wrong brings nothing to the game speed is only good if you can make runs, which he obviously cant he posses the soccer IQ of a rock.

I want to punch something now

That's the most offensive thing I've heard said about rocks ever ...

Miller certainly made some strange choices but I don't think he deserves the level of scorn or criticism he's receiving here. The players looked terrible. Other than a few people, it looked everyone was on a Californian holiday. I place the blame on this match directly on the players. There was very little effort.

I was ticked from the second I saw the lineup though

Miller certainly made some strange choices but I don't think he deserves the level of scorn or criticism he's receiving here. The players looked terrible. Other than a few people, it looked everyone was on a Californian holiday. I place the blame on this match directly on the players. There was very little effort.

Disagree. He selected the players in anything but a standard fashion. He failed to make adjustments after multiple weak showing with an impotent attack.

It's a like a chef blaming his ingredients for a bad end result, but then preparing the same dish, the same way, over and over.

1-0 Panama. Mexico is playing Marco Fabian, young Chivas Guadalajara player who I love watching, great talent. If Mexico lose this game to Panama...our chances are even worse to somehow scrape this group.

We've already blown it. Everything else is for fun.

Why are you people upset at no Aleman? We needed a little boy with no high-level experience to get us a desperately critical goal in a mist-win game? No. Just no. We can cap-tie him when we're down 5-0 to Panama.

Disagree. He selected the players in anything but a standard fashion. He failed to make adjustments after multiple weak showing with an impotent attack.

It's a like a chef blaming his ingredients for a bad end result, but then preparing the same dish, the same way, over and over.

He should've changed some of his ingredients at half time.

Funny that the ad at the top of this page is for Pardons Canada. Perhaps we should send the link to Mr. Miller and the team.

ads are based vaguely on what google thinks you'll be interested in (my guess is you read a lot of articles saying Canada and a decent amount relating to law and order (maybe even the show)). I'm seeing 'hot Asian single's in my area' *sigh*.

Sorry, almost didn't post this but figured you could all use a laugh.

yeah when players look that bad, isn't it the coach's job to sub them?

ads are based vaguely on what google thinks you'll be interested in (my guess is you read a lot of articles saying Canada and a decent amount relating to law and order (maybe even the show)). I'm seeing 'hot Asian single's in my area' *sigh*.

Oh great, not only did we lose to Guadeloupe B but now Google thinks I'm a criminal.

Agreed, but looking back into the past he should have seen the signs well before this game.

It's not just the subs ... The players looked confused and there was clearly no plan going forward aside from "kick the ball way forward and hope for the best". That shouldn't happen after a 10 day camp.

God bless you. You're a beauty.

2 subs!?!?! Miller should resign how in the **** do you explain the sub situtation when you could have capped Aleman. Oh and as somehow who defended Rickettes i can say that i was wrong brings nothing to the game speed is only good if you can make runs, which he obviously cant he posses the soccer IQ of a rock.

I want to punch something now

Probably a minor point, but you can't cap tie players against Martinique. They aren't recognized by FIFA as a country.

Archived