CANADA vs Martinique - July 7th - 2:30pm PST (R) Game Thread

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We totally deserve that.

I fear for those kids at FCE, learning from a luddite like Colin Miller

Actually yeah, didn't think about that. Jebus, with Colin Miller coaching Edmonton, Canada's young future generations looks like a lost cause.

Actually yeah, didn't think about that. Jebus, with Colin Miller coaching Edmonton, Canada's young future generations looks like a lost cause.

Short of Hanson Boakai and perhaps Mallan Roberts, no one on FC Edmonton is within sniffing range of the national team.

We need to rid our game of these people. They've never achieved anything and continue to latch on like a fungus.

The real sad part: Colin Miller is one of many

Miller should just resign now

Seriously, he would do himself and the program a favour to leave the team to Fonseca right now.

There is no good in having Miller here right now. We hired a new ****ing manager to work with our TD, so send Miller home. This tournament is over. We are going to need a big change to win against Panama and Mexico anyway but that's unlikely so may as well have Fonseca manage instead of some old boy trying to save his dignity.

That was a ****ing embarrassing performance from a management perspective. The funny thing is that I can actually pick out a few good individual performances, namely Teibert, Jackson and Borjan. I'm not going to throw Piette under the bus, he was bad but he was thrown out there at 18 what do you expect?

Taking your captain off at half in a must win game and leaving on the 18 year old? Genius Miller.

Short of Hanson Boakai and perhaps Mallan Roberts, no one on FC Edmonton is within sniffing range of the national team.

And with Miller coaching it will stay that way unfortunately.

Looking at this guys body of work, what on earth can he possibly teach anybody?

Seriously, he would do himself and the program a favour to leave the team to Fonseca right now.

There is no good in having Miller here right now. We hired a new ****ing manager to work with our TD, so send Miller home. This tournament is over. We are going to need a big change to win against Panama and Mexico anyway but that's unlikely so may as well have Fonseca manage instead of some old boy trying to save his dignity.

That was a ****ing embarrassing performance from a management perspective. The funny thing is that I can actually pick out a few good individual performances, namely Teibert, Jackson and Borjan. I'm not going to throw Piette under the bus, he was bad but he was thrown out there at 18 what do you expect?

Taking your captain off at half in a must win game and leaving on the 18 year old? Genius Miller.

Agreed. This loss on management, but you can't give all the players a free pass in this game. They exactly weren't great either.

Why is it that Aleman can get capped against Martinique, but at the last Gold Cup, Borjan was not officially cap tied from the Guadeloupe match? (someone please explain)

You're just mistaken or you've been told the wrong information. By all accounts Borjan was cap tied after the Guadeloupe match.

GLASS HALF FULL:

-Tiebert, Borjan, and Jackson looked good.

-Can still cap-tie Aleman (Need to now more than ever. Cannot lose another attacking prospect!)

-Hopefully Martinique are emboldened by this victory and take points from Panama.

-Colin Miller will not be coaching Canada after this tournament.

That's all I got :(

The Piette is beyond understandable ... again:

Johnson must've been sick.

You're right, there were a few bright individual performances: Teibert, Jackson, Borjan (minus some nervy moments in the first half).

But, wow, honestly, I would respect Miller more if he stepped down now rather than letting this train wreck continue.

Hey Impact and Whitecaps fans. That feeling you have right now is called "being a TFC fan"

If being a TFC fan is the what it feels to be a Canadian Nats fan, then I hope there is a light, cuz I don't see anything good quality wise in the players today with the exception of the goalkeeper and Tiebert. Tiebert is destined to get better, but he'll probably get bored with Canada someday, if he keeps improving leaps and bounds with the Whitecaps.

He can't. People wanting Aleman cap-tied don't understand that Martinique is not a FIFA nation and the cap will not count.

edit: ws53 just posted something above about FIFA making a statement? What changed?

Sorry, it was CONCACAF that made the announcement, not that it matters now. Scroll to the bottom of this LINK

Ricketts starting, Jackson isn't. Teibert on the left. MIIIILLLEEEERRRR!!!!!! Basically the same lineup up front that couldn't score vs a PDL team.

Edit: My mistake, no Bekker. But still not pleased with Ricketts constantly getting the chance, why can't we give someone else a look?

Quoting myself after seeing what the lineup was. I was trying to be positive, but I was not impressed right from the get go. From a coaching perspective, everything, EVERYTHING was done wrong here.

Boy Im glad I didn't force any of my friends to watch this game. These are the ones that euro snobs bring up.

I'm in the middle of a family event right now.

Family. They know how these things work. They've been through this before over the last 30 YEARS. They understand.

Nephew just brought me another beer. Alex Keith's Gawd bless him.

If being a TFC fan is the what it feels to be a Canadian Nats fan, then I hope there is a light, cuz I don't see anything good quality wise in the players today with the exception of the goalkeeper and Tiebert. Tiebert is destined to get better, but he'll probably get bored with Canada someday, if he keeps improving leaps and bounds with the Whitecaps.

I was just referring to the last minute goal. Didn't mean anything serious by it.

Archived