CANADA vs Martinique - July 7th - 2:30pm PST (R) Game Thread

If being a TFC fan is the what it feels to be a Canadian Nats fan, then I hope there is a light, cuz I don't see anything good quality wise in the players today with the exception of the goalkeeper and Tiebert. Tiebert is destined to get better, but he'll probably get bored with Canada someday, if he keeps improving leaps and bounds with the Whitecaps.

Jackson was good too, I thought. But Ricketts keeps starting over him and anyone else who can do something.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're just mistaken or you've been told the wrong information. By all accounts Borjan was cap tied after the Guadeloupe match.

Right, but not according to this same announce team from today, who i remember specifically at the last Gold Cup saying the Borjan was NOT cap tied on live television during the game, and then, the very next game saying he was officially cap tied when he started that as well. So if I'm fed wrong information, it was from Dobson, who I wasn't very impressed with from an announcers' perspective today.

If being a TFC fan is the what it feels to be a Canadian Nats fan, then I hope there is a light, cuz I don't see anything good quality wise in the players today with the exception of the goalkeeper and Tiebert. Tiebert is destined to get better, but he'll probably get bored with Canada someday, if he keeps improving leaps and bounds with the Whitecaps.

Except that Teibert is very patriotic, I don't see why he wouldn't play for Canada even if the level is not as high as he is used to. There definitely a big difference between what Teibert had today, and the usual dynamic trio of him, Miller, and Camilo where they can work off of one another and create opportunities for each other. Today it seemed he would make some brilliant plays and then there was no on there when he needed them.

I bet Hart was watching this game from his hotel room...and smiling.

He helped contribute to this current mess, his love of certain players (Ledgerwood, Ricketts) are very similar to Miller. Miller seems to be just a continuation of Hart, just a dumbed down version that doesn't understand controlling the ball.

It really was like watching FC Edmonton on an international stage...

Miller made a lot of fans today! :P

Floro for Sure Was Impressed watching the game with Victor from the stands. I would love to be a fly on the chair there listening to Victor trying to explain Canada's playing style.

Impressed in the way of how Canada's style is "hoofball"?? Or impressed of how Victor sold him on Canada being a great place to live, err mean coach the National team ;):(

2 subs!?!?! Miller should resign how in the **** do you explain the sub situtation when you could have capped Aleman. Oh and as somehow who defended Rickettes i can say that i was wrong brings nothing to the game speed is only good if you can make runs, which he obviously cant he posses the soccer IQ of a rock.

I want to punch something now

We totally deserve that.

I fear for those kids at FCE, learning from a luddite like Colin Miller

A Luddite is exactly the term for him. Watching guys with ten, twenty yards of green, clear turf ahead of them launching 40-yard balls high in the direction of a lone striker's head made me want to find a bottle of whisky and start pounding it.

So what's worse the San Pedro Sula massacre or this result today?? I'm not including the potential Panama and Mexican wins, as they're considered favourites over us on paper and the Vegas odd lines.

not even close. Honduras is way worse. this one was just hilarious.

Miller certainly made some strange choices but I don't think he deserves the level of scorn or criticism he's receiving here. The players looked terrible. Other than a few people, it looked everyone was on a Californian holiday. I place the blame on this match directly on the players. There was very little effort.

Archived