NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite sure if that's sarcasm or not ... but if he's starting week in and week out in the SPL I don't know if Floro ignores him. Not advocating for him or anything, but I'd be surprised if he isn't still used in some capacity (should he do well in Scotland). He's still only 32. 

Not quite sure if that's sarcasm or not ... but if he's starting week in and week out in the SPL I don't know if Floro ignores him. Not advocating for him or anything, but I'd be surprised if he isn't still used in some capacity (should he do well in Scotland). He's still only 32. 

In an emergency maybe.  I'd rather we use youngsters like Aird, Carreiro or even Piette.. Dunfield has never been anything special I doubt that's changed at 32 years old. 

In an emergency maybe.  I'd rather we use youngsters like Aird, Carreiro or even Piette.. Dunfield has never been anything special I doubt that's changed at 32 years old. 

Except for an absolute cracker of a goal at BMO while wearing the Red and White! Have to agree not a game changer, but if he's getting PT he would be tough to ignore for depth.

our DM depth consists of old geezer de Guzman then what? Ledgerwood? then a bunch of unproven youngsters

we cannot afford to ignore any player who gets regular first team mins, and can give something to make CMNT competitive for next Gold Cup and hopefully Copa America

our DM depth consists of old geezer de Guzman then what? Ledgerwood? then a bunch of unproven youngsters

we cannot afford to ignore any player who gets regular first team mins, and can give something to make CMNT competitive for next Gold Cup and hopefully Copa America

Hutch, Pacheco, Osorio come to mind?  I'd use any of the three above Ledgerwood or Dunfield.  Let's just wait and see if Dunfield even GETS regular minutes.  

By the way, old geezer De Guzman is all of one year older than Dunfield.

Elaborate on these stories, I've heard he's generated quite a bit of interest. 

I will try to give u all a full story about not just Dixon, but other players as well...

Btw. Ethan Gage, trained & played with Jönköping Södra last week.

Jönköping confirms this. (http://www.j-sodra.com/nyheterna/u21-djurgarden-vantar-harnast/)

Gage is at the moment playing in the 3rd div. and Jönköping is a club in the 2nd div. so it would be a step forward for him.

Btw. Ethan Gage, trained & played with Jönköping Södra last week.

Jönköping confirms this. (http://www.j-sodra.com/nyheterna/u21-djurgarden-vantar-harnast/)

Gage is at the moment playing in the 3rd div. and Jönköping is a club in the 2nd div. so it would be a step forward for him.

I'd love to see Gage get his career back on track. As a guy who was playing regular minutes in USL at the age of 18, I had high hopes for him. I hope he can still turn into a quality pro somewhere.

Hutch, Pacheco, Osorio come to mind?  I'd use any of the three above Ledgerwood or Dunfield.  Let's just wait and see if Dunfield even GETS regular minutes.  

By the way, old geezer De Guzman is all of one year older than Dunfield.

except Hutch, Pacheco and Osorio aren't DMs.

Hutch plays more of a box-to-box or attacking midfield role with us, but yes he has played DM on occasion at PSV and now plays there at Besiktas. I think Pacheco has played DM for us at some point, but I am not quite sure what his role is at Santa Clara (I know he plays centrally though). Teibert has been playing plenty of DM for Vancouver, so that is surely an option for us, while Osorio would be underutilized as a DM. He is best when he can play more free in a central advanced role. In an emergency we could use Osorio at DM but i'd much prefer Bekker there (even though Osorio seems the better player at this stage of their careers). 

Not sure if this is considered sufficient proof regarding Mikael Cantave being at Getafe.

http://www.footamateur.fr/file/157715/

Yeah all the proof points to him there.  I'm gonna move him, just...does anyone know which squad he is with before I do?  Getafe II or the youth side?  From what I can tell Getafe has a U-18 side he is still eligible for, and he hasn't played a minute for the B squad so far this year, so if noone can prove Getafe II then I will put him on Getafe U-18...

Speculation on Doneil Henry moving to Europe from Duane Rollins

Hearing Gilberto is out at #TFC. More details soon. Also heard a while back Henry was sold to Europe. (Cont)

Interesting. Any other sources reporting more info about the Henry move? If this was done "a while back", I would think there would be a few sources saying the same thing. Some idea re: where he could be headed would be nice.

My guess is he is going to West Ham, where he trained last off season:

Ask Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen about how far defender Doneil Henry can go in the game and he doesn’t hesitate.

“He’ll go to the top,” said Nelsen, a former centre back of some renown himself. “I had to buy (West Ham manager) Sam Allardyce a couple of bottles of red just to get him back, to tell you the truth.

http://metronews.ca/sports/1027379/skys-the-limit-for-toronto-defender-doneil-henry/

^^ that was my intitial thought. West ham have only three senoir centre backs and one of them (Winston Reid) could be off to arsenal or man utd in Jan. But realistically I don't know if he can play at that level. But then again, look at how Winston Reid started his career with West Ham. He did poor and most supporters wanted rid if him. And 4 years on he could be playing in the champions league. I am no huge fan of Big Sam but he did great things with Reid.

Doneil Henry can't get into England. He won't qualify for a work permit. Canada is too low int he rankings.

Yes he can and most likely will.  There are many ways to qualify for a work permit, that is just a line drawn in the sand and there is flexibility but also other options as Canada is a commonwealth country.    

Archived