NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it seems nice and all a trial at Arsenal, but please sign in Stuttgart. Elva needs minutes more than anything and his chances are way better down in Germany with their second team, maybe a year-long loan-deal to the second Bundesliga or something like that. Just look at Petrasso, who is also very talented but he's been getting loan after loan and still doesn't look like he'll get a call-up for the first team soon. And that is a Championship team, let alone Arsenal.

But he'll probably have difficulties with his visa anyway.

If he's good enough, they will come for him anyway. Difference is when they pay a couple of millions on him, they probably want to see a return on their investment.

Horrible example. Petrasso is our best prospect by a country mile. He was called up playing reserves with QPR, and will certainly be called up now that he's playing for a big league one side. He's way better off playing in the top 68 clubs in England than, say, Piette, who plays somewhere in the top 150 clubs in German in regional tier 4. Petrasso's competition is much better.

Piette is with a club that has a plan for him.

But you're right, Petrasso is a bad example, since he's developing with a second division club, instead of in the top of the EPL. Same goes for Piette. My point was he probably wont break through at Arsenal, and will get playing time in Germany (or a club from the bottom half of the EPL or in Enlands lower tiers).

Piette is with a club that has a plan for him.

But you're right, Petrasso is a bad example, since he's developing with a second division club, instead of in the top of the EPL. Same goes for Piette. My point was he probably wont break through at Arsenal, and will get playing time in Germany (or a club from the bottom half of the EPL or in Enlands lower tiers).

England was pretty bad for our player development, when Germany did much better. However, I don't think German football was nearly as strong in the late 90s as it is today. It's going to be hard for Piette, Clarke, Stanese, etc. to get minutes in B1 or B2. I'd rather have a player loaned to League One, playing against the 45th-68th best talent in England, than playing 4th tier in Germany. Arsenal youth players are able to do this right away at 18-19, whereas in Germany they seem to linger in the 4th tier playing the best 57th to 150th clubs for much longer.

Well it seems nice and all a trial at Arsenal, but please sign in Stuttgart. Elva needs minutes more than anything and his chances are way better down in Germany with their second team, maybe a year-long loan-deal to the second Bundesliga or something like that. Just look at Petrasso, who is also very talented but he's been getting loan after loan and still doesn't look like he'll get a call-up for the first team soon. And that is a Championship team, let alone Arsenal.

But he'll probably have difficulties with his visa anyway.

If he's good enough, they will come for him anyway. Difference is when they pay a couple of millions on him, they probably want to see a return on their investment.

Stuttgart has one of the best youth teams in germany and are always promoting their youth players into the first team, so I think its would be the best choice if he chooses to go to germany for development purposes.

Are people kidding?

Arsene has CREATED the careers of the some of the best players in football history. Not to mention that he is famous/infamous for putting young'ns in the first team if he think they've got 'it'.

If he impresses, if he is good enough, Arsene will put him out there, just ask Cesc, Serge, Theo, Ox, Denilson, Vela.... the list goes on. Not all of these players stuck with the Gunners, but at the very least it helped their careers. He could go out on loan like Joel Campbell.

Quite being such apologetic fans. Arsenal is the BEST possibility, because it is the BEST of the teams that have been looking at him. For once, don't be ashamed of being a Canadian Footie fan and wanting the BEST for our players.

Ask Jamie Peters how it turned out playing it 'safe' at a club where he could expect playing time.

Are people kidding?

Arsene has CREATED the careers of the some of the best players in football history. Not to mention that he is famous/infamous for putting young'ns in the first team if he think they've got 'it'.

If he impresses, if he is good enough, Arsene will put him out there, just ask Cesc, Serge, Theo, Ox, Denilson, Vela.... the list goes on. Not all of these players stuck with the Gunners, but at the very least it helped their careers. He could go out on loan like Joel Campbell.

Quite being such apologetic fans. Arsenal is the BEST possibility, because it is the BEST of the teams that have been looking at him. For once, don't be ashamed of being a Canadian Footie fan and wanting the BEST for our players.

Ask Jamie Peters how it turned out playing it 'safe' at a club where he could expect playing time.

IMO I agree that Arsenal is the best club in England for the type of player Elva appears to be, but Peters isn't a good example of what happens when one rejects top clubs. I don't believe Peters would have made it anywhere. Peters' issues were mental, and he wouldn't have suddenly succeeded elsewhere because the competition was 20 times what it was at Ipswich. I actually think he would have been booted out of a top club much sooner had he gone that route.

Colin Jacques, who played for SFU in the fall, is apparently forgoing his NCAA eligibility to try things out in Europe. Still playing for VMSL's Croatia SC, maybe his contacts through them led to some trials in Croatia... trying to find out more.

Correct me if there's no interest in Canadian coaches abroad, but Goran Miscevic is at another promotion-chasing club in the UAE. Joined Al-Arabi in January.

He's the Croatian-Canadian who spent some time as a boss in the CSL (Brampton Lions among others[?]).

Fantastic, hope he can catch on with their B side.

Exactly. People might look at the name and think of the great teams they had 10-15 years ago, but their A team is in the Segunda now and the B team plays in the Tercera (4th tier) which is the same level Keven Aleman is playing at with Valladolid B. I would expect Fisk to have no problem making the B team.

Minor updates:

Added Cabrera and Akindelele

Removed Caceros and Davies.

Moved Kliment to his new loan team in Slovakia

Toje - Regarding Michael Cox and Sodade - both are still trialling, not adding yet. Including Cox, nothing is official there yet as far as I know, I assure you as an Albertan and Eddie fan I've been keeping an eye on where Cox lands ;) will add as soon as I know it's official

Need more info/proof on Justin Baarts with Charleston

Ben Fisk - keep me updated on him guys

Added Issey to Belgium. (wow, that one surprises me a bit. Does this put him off the radar?)

FOR THE RECORD

You guys will have to continue to help me out more with your awesome, helpful posts. I'm going to be completely shafted for doing major overhauls until about May, so if I'm missing things, keep on me as best you can. I'm out of town for work doing referee seminars, and Olympic coached training seminars, and other seminars, plus Comic Expo in Calgary, and FC Edmonton home opener, I don't think I have time to myself until May, now, so don't get upset if the updates get a touch behind until then.

Archived