Canada vs. Honduras In-Game Thread (R)

superbrad

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A reasonable result. I wish I had more faith in the manager... leaving a gassed Atiba out there so long was a huge unforced error, especially given how active Hume and Jackson were when they came on.

Occean played so good in retaining the ball (he does the things Friend couldn't). I can understand if Hart was hesitant to sub him.

Thanks for the updates, guys. I look forward to seeing the highlights when I get home from work in about six hours. Looks like we'll need to win both of our remaining home games, and probably pull off a draw in either Panama or Honduras. The only other hope is that Cuba can nick points from either of those two.

Occean played so good in retaining the ball (he does the things Friend couldn't). I can understand if Hart was hesitant to sub him.

Agreed, but you could see at about 75 min he was gasping for air, just gassed. That was the time.

OO was very good tonight. He really impressed me with his overall play and as you say, his hold up play was great - something we have been missing and sorely need.

Yeah, he does. But that's why you need to play him with one of the little waterbugs! Occean was holding up the ball, and our big, slow midfield was taking ages to join the play.

I didn't like the formation, not with this personnel selection. I know Honduras are a big side as this federation goes, but we were too focused on stopping them playing when we were at home. With Occean, DeRo and Hutchinson having most of the ball up front, the pace needed to unlock these guys was never there, or at least never there when it was needed.

They played well and yes they could have and should have won it. Bring on Panama.

Agreed. I'm still pleased to have 4 points out of this opening round, but the fact that we are wishing we had gotten more out of tonight's match means we are making steps in the right direction. Allez les Rouges!

I think we would have taken the 4 points of 6 before the start of the tournament but all three of those headers (Edgar, McKenna, and Edgar) should have been in and it should have been 3-0. Honduras were scary bad tonight.

Not necessarily a disaster. At this point we have to get at least 4 points from our remaining home games, and probably 1-3 points from the remaining away games... it's doable.

Before WCQ if you said Canada got four points in the first two games I would have been pleased. With the Honduras loss in Honduras however, we missed a golden chance to nearly qualify for the hex in the first two games.

Before WCQ if you said Canada got four points in the first two games I would have been pleased. With the Honduras loss in Honduras however, we missed a golden chance to nearly qualify for the hex in the first two games.

True. And with Honduras going back to back with Cuba next, they could easily be at 7 points after 4 matches.

It was never going to be easy, so while a bit disapointed with tonight result, I'm pretty happy with 4 pts in 2 games.

I thought DeRo put a great effort but his shot let him down tonight and his final pass let to be desire.

OO was working like crazy out there, an excellent game for the target man. Maybe he should be paired with one of the little guys but I don't see Hart doing that.

I thought Julian had a strong game in midfield and Atiba was also pretty solid.

The next game, at home against Panama, is crucial. We need the 3 pts.

September is light years away - and DeRo and deGuz, while outstanding tonight, will have gone through punishing seasons. We are almost a full squad tonight. So opportunity missed is even greater.

Their defense was huge in this game - Figueres was massive in stopping some big moments.

For us, can only complain about the subs being a bit late. DeGuz was massive, Hutch great in the first half, DeRo will rue some big misses.

Nothing to complain about at the back.

I felt as though DeRo was being asked again and again to provide the spark in the final third. Too much went through him. DeGuz on the other hand was underused and seemed to be the sparkplug for the team - might have looked to bring a bit more offense through him.

We need big games against Panama. Nuff said.

We missed Simpson tonite, Hart does'nt trust Ricketts or Jackson at home in this game out wide then idk wtf we are going to do on the road. Its annoying because the 2 pieces that are eligible but not suiting up for us are exactly what we were missing that game, another good wide player who can score goals and more of a creative central midfielder that can unlock defenses.

Archived