Canada vs. Honduras In-Game Thread (R)

superbrad

Starting this thread as I can't wait for gametime. This is the revenge match many of you have been waiting for since Montreal 2008. Time for the home stadium to be loud and proud. Sing at the top of your lungs and boo everytime a Honduran fakes an injury!!!!!!!

Allez les Rouges!!!!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe tomorrow we will finally get a chance to full completely avenge the loss in Montreal 4 years ago. We are very lucky to get this chance... so let's not **** this up.

Allez les Rouges!!!!!

Can't believe tomorrow we will finally get a chance to full completely avenge the loss in Montreal 4 years ago. We are very lucky to get this chance... so let's not **** this up.

Allez les Rouges!!!!!

And 4 years before that in Edmonton. That was perhaps worse cause we got screwed royally. Oh wait nope we got screwed royally in Montreal as well.

DEATH TO THE PISSBAGERS!

Go Vs Represent - I am pissed that I cannot come down for this (I have a delegation in from Spain that I have to cater to until 7), but I am watching Honduras in spirit. Make the Hondurans feel like we did in Montreal last time.

According the the Honduran La Prensa, Palacios and Suazo are both likely to start:

http://www.laprensa.hn/Secciones-Principales/Deportes/Liga-Nacional/David-Suazo-y-Carlo-Costly-estaran-en-el-ataque-hoy-en-Toronto#.T9dFi1KnJ8E

In training yesterday, Suarez stopped his team with Noel Valladares in goal, Victor Bernardez Muma and Maynor Figueroa of central and surprised to Juan Carlos Garcia at left. By Mauricio Sabillon always right.

The pivot in midfield, Wilson Palacios and Roger Espinoza at the ends Boniek Garcia and Emilio Izaguirre. Attacking, David Suazo and Carlo Costly.

Suarez said that in the game against the Maple Leaf might appear Catania Italy striker David Suazo, who was no injury to the canaleros.

Honduras (4-4-2):Valladares; Sabillon, Figuroa, Muma, Juan Carlos Garcia, Izaguirre; Espinoza, Palacios, Boniek Garcia, Costly, Suazo

Go Vs Represent - I am pissed that I cannot come down for this (I have a delegation in from Spain that I have to cater to until 7), but I am watching Honduras in spirit. Make the Hondurans feel like we did in Montreal last time.

This is the game I wanted to go to... but I could only find time for Panama in September.... (in TO).

The spanish phrase "to cheat death" is "burlar la muerte ". V's should chant that every time a Honduran makes a miraculous recovery....

OR -the spanish word for cheater is "Estafador".... maybe that would be more appropriate.

According the the Honduran La Prensa, Palacios and Suazo are both likely to start:

http://www.laprensa.hn/Secciones-Principales/Deportes/Liga-Nacional/David-Suazo-y-Carlo-Costly-estaran-en-el-ataque-hoy-en-Toronto#.T9dFi1KnJ8E

In training yesterday, Suarez stopped his team with Noel Valladares in goal, Victor Bernardez Muma and Maynor Figueroa of central and surprised to Juan Carlos Garcia at left. By Mauricio Sabillon always right.

The pivot in midfield, Wilson Palacios and Roger Espinoza at the ends Boniek Garcia and Emilio Izaguirre. Attacking, David Suazo and Carlo Costly.

Suarez said that in the game against the Maple Leaf might appear Catania Italy striker David Suazo, who was no injury to the canaleros.

Honduras (4-4-2):Valladares; Sabillon, Figuroa, Muma, Juan Carlos Garcia, Izaguirre; Espinoza, Palacios, Boniek Garcia, Costly, Suazo

Good find Nolando! So it looks like Leveron is out at CB (he was singled out by Honduran fans for having a crappy game) and Figueroa who played at LB last game (and who i believe is usually a FB for Wigan, but a CB for Honduras) is taking his place in the centre with Garcia in at LB. Delgado is replaced by Boniek on the right and Espinoza slots into his place in the middle. The fifth mid, Mejia is out and the second forward on is Suazo.

-------------------Valladares---------------------

Sabillon-----Figueroa-----Bernardez------JC Garcia

Boniek------Palacios-----Espinoza--------Izaguirre

----------------Costly------Suazo----------------

Thanks for that and the link to the Panama game Nolando. Much appreciated.

No big surprises, except for the addition of Juan Carlos Garcia. I didn't think Leveron played that badly. He was beaten in the air on the second goal, but Blas Perez will do that to a lot of people. Leveron wasn't maybe as sharp as I've seen him, but he was also wearing a face mask that may have unsettled him a little? With Osman Chavez not selected the Hondurans really don't have many other options.

Garcia's played a lot, but I thought Figueroa and Izaguirre had a nice partnership going down the left and most of the Honduran attack came down that side. And certainly Izaguirre was their natural outlet.

Espinoza coming in for Delgado will help. Delgado isn't bad, but he with Palacios racing around the midfield he never seemed to assert himself. Espinoza will go fin the ball and in their friendly against Ecuador, played a very prominent role.

Somewhere the Hondurans said we shouldn't worry about Suazo and Costly. I'm still worried about them anyway, but I think they're right . . . it's Boniek Garcia that scares me. They played him as a second striker for about 30 mins against Panama and it didn't really work. But back on the right flank he gave them much better balance and he and Sabillon began to create some chances. Boniek Garcia's speed is going to give Jazic real problems I fear. I didn't realize he signed as a designated player with Houston while we were in Cuba.

Sabillon didn't play very well against Panama either, but I'm not overly confident that trend will continue. His passing wasn't bad in the attack, but he was shockingly bad out of the back. Still he's a veteran with good pace and he gets forward pretty well. I was hoping we'd find some room behind their backs, but I can't JC Garcia roaming too much on the left.

Hopefully Suazo's hamstring is still a little tight. I know his finishing looked woeful in Dallas, but I don't think we should give him a bunch of chances to see how he's holding up. He and Costly were pretty lethal goal scorers and they may be on the decline, but we need to be wary of them.

I think this game's going to be won in the midfield and if we can keep Boniek Garcia and Izaguirre wide and force them to try to cross the ball in I think it plays to our strengths. But we're going to need to support our outside backs too.

I can't wait until kickoff . . .

cheers,

matthew

Anyone else feel nauseous? I don't think I've ever been so anxious in my life

Im a french-canadian in Quebec city who cant work atm.

And im probably also the only one who give a damn in the city.

ALLEZ LES ROUGES!!!!!

So regarding the game itself. Someone earlier posted a Honduras lineup.

Does anyone expect any changes other than Borjan for Hirschfeld? Seems Hutchinson is still iffy to start.

My guess would be the same exact lineup (exception in net) unless Hutch is ready to go 90. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Jackson takes over for Ricketts on the right. Not what i would do, but Hart might do it.

My guess would be the same exact lineup (exception in net) unless Hutch is ready to go 90. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Jackson takes over for Ricketts on the right. Not what i would do, but Hart might do it.

Hart indicated he would not be playing same tactics - more passing the way to the net and trying to create space...

Only way I see Jackson in is if we move into a 4-4-2 and Jackson plays underneath Occean. He's a waste out wide like that, he needs to be in the middle of the pitch.

Hart indicated he would not be playing same tactics - more passing the way to the net and trying to create space...

Has Hart ever changed tactics in his time as coach? Why start now?

^ Yes Ryan, he's a goal poacher and not a winger which is why i've been harping for a 4-4-2 for a year now...so don't be surprised if you see Simeon out wide right tonight.

^This in reference to the multitude of long balls they were sending forward (usually from the boot of McKenna) in the Cuba game to compensate for the crappy pitch...

I would like to see a two striker formation with both players out front and the nice overlaps from the midfield trying to service the ball. Please have cold(ish) weather so we can see the speed.

I was being facetious, but yeah, we have a few more long balls against Cuba and the States then usual.

Checked Weather network again and their radar map shows a chance of light rain around game time (small cloud cover rolling in between 7 and 9pm)...also, should be somewhere in the low 20's-high teens at gametime.

On that note, i'm about to leave work and getting ready to go to the game! CA-NA-DA! CA-NA-DA!

Only way I see Jackson in is if we move into a 4-4-2 and Jackson plays underneath Occean. He's a waste out wide like that, he needs to be in the middle of the pitch.

Well...or a 4-3-1-2 would work as well with DeRo playing underneath Jackson and Occean with Hutch, JDG and Johnson as the three

Archived