Canada vs. Honduras In-Game Thread (R)

superbrad

Julian passing back to the 2 CB's way too much, honestly he just turns and hits back to them every time, times when he can hit a FB and open the field he does'nt and usually gives it back to McKenna, and McKenna goes instant long ball then Honduras collects the ball and attacks with numbers. Also I don't like playing Ledgerwood on the right, we are at home we should be playing Ricketts or Jackson we need more of an offensive threat from the get go. Hopefully we start the 2nd half with Jackson or Ricketts coming on we can't have 3 offensive players in Atiba, DeRo and OO and expect to score goals or keep Honduras on the back foot.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OO booked for dive in the box - was a fair card, he went down looking for the penalty

Your right, it was a fair call.

However, if the Ref was going to go by the letter of the embellishment rule, like he did with OO... at least 2 players should have been sent off for Yellow Card accumulation from the Honduran side.

Julian passing back to the 2 CB's way too much, honestly he just turns and hits back to them every time, times when he can hit a FB and open the field he does'nt and usually gives it back to McKenna, and McKenna goes instant long ball then Honduras collects the ball and attacks with numbers. Also I don't like playing Ledgerwood on the right, we are at home we should be playing Ricketts or Jackson we need more of an offensive threat from the get go. Hopefully we start the 2nd half with Jackson or Ricketts coming on we can't have 3 offensive players in Atiba, DeRo and OO and expect to score goals or keep Honduras on the back foot.

Good summary of some basic problems.

Not a bad start. We have to at least test this keeper when we have chances. Honduras looks like they're getting a bit better as the game goes on. Other than the one chance given away, not a bad half.

I always said I thought our guys needed to try to draw fouls the way other teams in Concacaf do and then OO gets a yellow for simulation. Definitely the right call, just feels like it would never get called the other way.

Hondurans? What Hondurans? Can't even hear them on TV ... they are dwarfed by the loud and proud hometown crowd.

H has had a couple of dangerous moments but we are winning the possession battle and out chancing them. DeRo could give up the ball a bit earlier ... it's a bit like he's trying to win the game all by himself sometimes. Regardless we look the stronger team.

Ricketts on the right for Ledgerwood please. Also, please insert Jackson at some point. And tell JDG to pass the ball forward.

He should face his own keeper, then his passes would be brilliant

Canada had 4 shots on goal?

Archived