Whitecaps 2012 Roster Dance

Back in the day Ballack was my fav player, but not a chance we need him in Vancouver right now. Yes, he's superior to what we have but I don't think his work rate or attitude would help the team.

If the team was truly going to upgrade right now it's either going to be a top top top CB (as much as I like Bonjour), or a truly higher class CF. But we'd have to move Hassli out to make room for a better CF....I think and hope the Caps do all they can to keep Sanvezzo happy.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone think The Caps were a bit unwise to tinker with their team after the recent run of results? Sure, they were in the midst of a 5 game roadtrip, but is Robson all he's cut out to be in MLS? Is it worth it to get rid of a fit - mid season player like Davide?

We didn't get rid of Davide, we simply couldn't match the offer made by Zurich. To have kept him it probably would've meant making him a DP, which I'm guessing the club wasn't ready to do.

I think its a little harsh to judge Robson right now. Thorrington got injured so he was thrown in earlier than expected. He's played four games, the last three being 90 minute outings, on an away stretch. With the hectic nature of the schedule he's had little time for training with the team, as well.

I think over the coming month we'll see him really come into form (remember, after 2 months off this is pretty much pre-season for him).

Yes, I'd agree he hasn't been great, sometimes lingering on the ball too much and losing possession as a result, but I'm staying positive and hoping he can start banging in the goals our midfield has been lacking.

We didn't get rid of Davide, we simply couldn't match the offer made by Zurich. To have kept him it probably would've meant making him a DP, which I'm guessing the club wasn't ready to do.

I think its a little harsh to judge Robson right now. Thorrington got injured so he was thrown in earlier than expected. He's played four games, the last three being 90 minute outings, on an away stretch. With the hectic nature of the schedule he's had little time for training with the team, as well.

I think over the coming month we'll see him really come into form (remember, after 2 months off this is pretty much pre-season for him).

Yes, I'd agree he hasn't been great, sometimes lingering on the ball too much and losing possession as a result, but I'm staying positive and hoping he can start banging in the goals our midfield has been lacking.

Yeah but soccerpro's point is valid and I agree. Whether or not we are too harsh on Robson, it probably was unwise to tinker with a team that in on the right side of the playoff picture. He specifically said that Chumiento was match fit and Robson wasn't, so you agree there. Too much at stake right now to tinker? Because getting 30+ year old guys, you can't say you are looking "long term".

The team was not playing well despite the results. Accident waiting to happen. These moves are looking to create some balance in the attack. We should finally see some width and, hopefully, goals from set pieces. Defensively, we're probably better too. LeToux worked his arse off but so will Miller. Davide, despite his best efforts, was still a liabilty. Richards has the pace to be a great defending winger.

The team was not playing well despite the results. Accident waiting to happen. These moves are looking to create some balance in the attack. We should finally see some width and, hopefully, goals from set pieces. Defensively, we're probably better too. LeToux worked his arse off but so will Miller. Davide, despite his best efforts, was still a liabilty. Richards has the pace to be a great defending winger.

Defensive liability or not, Davide was still your best player and the team is worse off without him.

Defensive liability or not, Davide was still your best player and the team is worse off without him.

Absolutely, there's no arguing it. That being said it was also quite unavoidable. It's what comes from being a lower level league with a Cap system.

There's gonna be turnover and there's gonna be players moving on up. All MLS team have to deal with it at some point, the best teams transition into new players seamlessly.

I like Davide, and appreciate what he brought to the club, but our attack running through him was not successful. We've scored very few goals in MLS in the past 1.5 seasons. Not enough to be successful. Rennie gave Chiumiento the chance to run the show until Robson arrived and the results were mixed at best.

Disagree.. Most offensively creative? Sure, but in MVP terms I'd have him at 4th at best. Let's face it, offense isn't generally winning this team games.

He's probably getting close to DP level money in Switzerland and he's not worth that in this league right now.

Disagree.. Most offensively creative? Sure, but in MVP terms I'd have him at 4th at best. Let's face it, offense isn't generally winning this team games.

He's probably getting close to DP level money in Switzerland and he's not worth that in this league right now.

4th best might even be a stretch. Davide may have been the most talented or skilled on the caps but no way would I classify him as best...

Camilo, Hassli, Rochat and Koffie have all been more valuable to your club over the past 1.5 years

I like Davide, and appreciate what he brought to the club, but our attack running through him was not successful. We've scored very few goals in MLS in the past 1.5 seasons. Not enough to be successful. Rennie gave Chiumiento the chance to run the show until Robson arrived and the results were mixed at best.

And time will tell to see if Robson is better or worse at it. I thought Chumiento's results were fairly positive, personally.

Davide was just more one dimensional, defenses knew what to expect. With Robson there's more versatility and he gives us so much more from set pieces.

After watching last nights game, Robson's free kicks and beautiful header. He seemed to be more aggressive and more involved than Davide was in games, DC sometimes became invisible in games if he wasn't on the ball. Robson impacts the game whether he is standing over the ball or not.

Dear Whitecaps: WTF?

Obviously you have been under a rock for the last 3 months, Eric (beloved by all), was our highest paid player and playing off the bench. With Mattocks' progression over the last 10 matches and the acquisition of Miller. The move was a no-brainer.

On TFC's side of it even simpler, DannyK done for the year, DannyK 2.0 (EricHassli) slotted in.

and in one move Vancouver frees up 2 INT spots, so are the moves are not done for Rennie, since he has also got allocation money gathered up too.

The Rennie Revolution is not over yet, we might have had a good half of a season but there was no good reason to wait till the year was over to make moves that were inevitable. DC and LT wanted DP raises, and Hassli was becoming extinct.

Well, time to get over it I guess. Let's be positive and talk about the potential incoming players. Supposedly Jacob Lensky (that guy who was born and raised in Vancouver, and most recently played for FC Utrecht in the Netherlands) "We're also hearing that Whitecaps have traded with TFC for the MLS rights to Jacob Lensky." -AFTN

What do you think of that apparent signing? He's had his personal issues, but he's got quality.

Well, time to get over it I guess. Let's be positive and talk about the potential incoming players. Supposedly Jacob Lensky (that guy who was born and raised in Vancouver, and most recently played for FC Utrecht in the Netherlands) "We're also hearing that Whitecaps have traded with TFC for the MLS rights to Jacob Lensky." -AFTN

What do you think of that apparent signing? He's had his personal issues, but he's got quality.

Lensky?! Wow! First it was He Who Shall Not Be Named and now Lensky?! That can't be true.

He's been training with the Whitecaps for some time now, just youtube his name and whitecaps and you'll find it. Apparently TFC has held his rights, and those rights came to Vancouver as part of the trade for Hassli. I don't know why it wouldn't be announced. At least he is young, and quality. If he signs, hopefully Rennie can get his head in the right place.

Lensky is a nutcase, plus I would find it hard to support any team with that traitor on it

He's been training with the Whitecaps for some time now, just youtube his name and whitecaps and you'll find it. Apparently TFC has held his rights, and those rights came to Vancouver as part of the trade for Hassli. I don't know why it wouldn't be announced. At least he is young, and quality. If he signs, hopefully Rennie can get his head in the right place.

I don't actually doubt it's true, I just can't believe the Caps are interested in another traitor. Maybe it's old news but I had no idea. How do Caps fans feel about this?

Archived