Whitecaps 2012 Roster Dance

The Whitecapsfc.com roster showed how young the team was....great stuff. But they need to be playing games at least every other week if not every week....these are young kids that could get a good game against various PDL, PCSL, VMSL (all-star?) teams...better than nothing.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Whitecaps need to make room for Teibert in their XI... there's no way someone that talented should be sitting on the bench in MLS. To me he looked a lot better in OQ than when he first broke into MLS last year and I thought he looked good then. I'd like to see him in an attacking role, though for now he may need to fill in for Rochat (is he still injured?).

The Whitecaps need to make room for Teibert in their XI... there's no way someone that talented should be sitting on the bench in MLS. To me he looked a lot better in OQ than when he first broke into MLS last year and I thought he looked good then. I'd like to see him in an attacking role, though for now he may need to fill in for Rochat (is he still injured?).

Agreed. The Caps are desperate for some attacking width. The guys they have out wide now aren't wingers and all end up drifting to the middle where they have been shut down quite easily. Camilo in particular is wasted out there and would be much more useful inside. Teibert takes a nice corner too, something which the Caps have been lacking since day one really.

Not only do they look useless out wide, they are! Two straight scoreless matches, its time for Teibert...

I'm not a cap fan but I watch most matches and I'd drop Hassli, he's too one dimensional for the way the team is set up.

I agree getting Tiebert on the pitch more is something the 'Caos need to figure out.

Though with it's crowded up front. He should be the guy who comes on late for Camilo. I also think if Tiebert was there last game he would of started where Watson was wide left.

Re Tiebert and Watson, I'd like to think that Tiebert would have started out wide last game, but like Vagenas last year I am starting to think that Watson must have compromising photos of someone in Caps management.

I really don't understand many 'Caps fans and the media at the moment. I keep hearing people talking about Hassli and how he hasn't scored yet. It's been three games! In new formation! With different partnerships! Give the guy a break. Oh, and don't go "Yeah, but this dates back to last season." That is irrelevant because it was LAST season. Get behind the guy, let him score some goals and drive the team to the playoffs.

Whitecaps continue their plot to destroy Canadian soccer with Alderson, Teibert, Fisk, Caleb Clarke, Sam Adekugbe and Ben McKendry all seeing action in the Caps reserves 2-1 victory over San Jose reserves on Sunday. Although he doesn't deserve any Vs support being from Vancouver, Ben McKendry appears to have endeared himself to the Caps coaching staff and may be a dark horse to claim a pro contract over other more highly touted 93s, namely Fisk and Clarke.

Whitecaps continue their plot to destroy Canadian soccer with Alderson, Teibert, Fisk, Caleb Clarke, Sam Adekugbe and Ben McKendry all seeing action in the Caps reserves 2-1 victory over San Jose reserves on Sunday. Although he doesn't deserve any Vs support being from Vancouver, Ben McKendry appears to have endeared himself to the Caps coaching staff and may be a dark horse to claim a pro contract over other more highly touted 93s, namely Fisk and Clarke.

Yes, everyone is against Vancouver, everyone hates them, that's it.

Or it would just be nice if they weren't the Arsenal of MLS right now. Play Teibert once in a while, just for a minute? You'll probably still do ok!

I'm curious as to why you were motivated to post this. You know you're being ridiculous, right?

I'm curious as to why you were motivated to post this. You know you're being ridiculous, right?

I'm posting an update about 6 young Canadian players who played in MLS reserve match, one of whom is getting a lot of attention. What's ridiciulous is that I need to explain that. If you don't want to read my posts, don't open this thread. Go rub one out to FC Edmonton latest player develoments.

Why is a moderator baiting me?

I'm posting an update about 6 young Canadian players who played in MLS reserve match, one of whom is getting a lot of attention. What's ridiciulous is that I need to explain that. If you don't want to read my posts, don't open this thread. Go rub one out to FC Edmonton latest player develoments.

Why is a moderator baiting me?

I thought my question was quite logical and not baiting. Yes, you are posting about 6 young Canadians. That's great. I'm just curious as to why you added the extra stuff that I bolded. I particularly don't get the one about McKendry and why he doesn't deserve any V's support.

No big deal though. If you think it's baiting, I'll just move along. No problem.

Fair enough. Don't be surprised though that some people take what you wrote the wrong way. Then the important information of how 6 young Canadians performed gets lost in the shuffle.

It's also too bad that McKendry may have opted to represent New Zealand.

Whitecaps Reserves to play the University of Washington Huskies, 4pm, Friday, April 13th at Swangard. Expect several of the 93s to see action, including the treacherous Ben McKendry, enemy of the Voyageurs (who factually attended a Canadian U20, committing to Canada but why let facts get in the way of more paranoia. Especially a great example to set as a board moderator).

FWIW:

INTERNATIONAL

U-20: A dual Canadian and New Zealand citizen, McKendry attended a training camp with New Zealand's U-20 national team before opting to represent his birth country of Canada. In Dec. 2011, McKendry attended a training camp with Canada’s U-20 national team in Sunrise, Florida, after being selected by head coach Nick Dasovic. U-18: McKendry’s first call-up to the Canadian national team program was with the country’s U-18 squad for a Jan. 2011 camp in San Jose, Costa Rica.

(who factually attended a Canadian U20, committing to Canada but why let facts get in the way of more paranoia. Especially a great example to set as a board moderator).

Dude. Take it down a thousand. I obviously had no idea avout the U18 team or the U20 team.

All I read was this site which only says the following:

INTERNATIONAL

U-20: A dual Canadian and New Zealand citizen, McKendry recently attended a training camp with New Zealand's U-20 national team.

Yes, that's entirely my mistake. Please accept my apologies. I guess I'm having a bad day as his name didn't instantly ring a bell. Thank you for enlightening me to the fact that he was involved with the U18 and U20 teams. I rescind my off-hand observation.

Fu'k me, it's getting hard to have a conversation around here.

So what's the deal with McKendry? Any hope for him?

Looks like he was part of the NZ U20 team at 17 so that's encouraging

New Zealand's senior squad has two friendlies this month against CONCACAF countries, should be interesting if they call Mckendry for either of them, seems a long shot still.

Both games are in North America, as warm ups for the OFC nations cup

McKendry's on the Canadian radar and enthusiastic to wear the Maple Leaf. When he played for New Zealand, the CSA hadn't expressed any interest in him. His club would also rather see him with Canada. I'd be stunned if he turned down Canada to play for New Zealand. Stunned.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the Caps really do hate Canadian soccer: Jacob Lensky on trial!

Interesting to learn from Michael's CSN article, that he's played quite a few matches now in the Dutch top flight, and in the centre of midfield no less. Kinda lost track of him after that sad video was posted around here.

Hopefully Danny Fernandes will be next, though wiki says he's signed with FC Twente.

Archived