Honduras Pre-Match & In-Match Thread [R]

CanadasBest

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a newer CMNT supporter and in the time I have followed closely, Stalteri has been one guy I have not been overly impressed with. I am glad there are still many of you who remember his service for us over the years, because if my generation was leading the V's we would give Paul and good bye salute and nothing else.

I thought Dunfield had a good night. He seemed calm on the ball and although he gave it away a couple of times, he was solid. Also, he did a good job of covering for our defense. Very solid game for him.

Didn't see much of the first but i thought he was quite good in the second. Didn't take the "easy" trap pass but was patient waiting for things to develop and waiting for things to develop. Downside being he came close to giving it away in some dangerous areas, but if he can dance on the right side of the line we need more guys to do things like that.

Anyway if that's the end of this game i saw lots of positives.

I am a newer CMNT supporter and in the time I have followed closely, Stalteri has been one guy I have not been overly impressed with. I am glad there are still many of you who remember his service for us over the years, because if my generation was leading the V's we would give Paul and good bye salute and nothing else.

If you only watched Stalteri in the lead-up and aftermath of Gold Cup 2000 you would have felt the same way. There were conspiracies theories flying around that the only reason he was on the pitch was that he played in Germany, and our coach was Holger Osieck.

Anyone have have the fifa memorized?......... what does it say as far as the result standing up?

At 82 minutes played I can't imagine the result and the goals and caps would be nullified if they don't resume play just for the last few minutes - I expect it will go down in the books as a 2-1 win for us.

Several players were decent. Johnson was very useful today as well.

I only started watching from the beginning of the second half but I thought he played quite in his overall play. Better in the midfield three with Simpson being the clear left winger. Did a lot of support for Stalteri in defending on the left.

I hope they get back out there for all those who bet on a Canadian win.

Thanks, god knows Bet365 will **** us if this match isn't completed. In the 2009 UNCAF Champ. the El Salvador-Costa Rica match was abandoned after El Salvador had 5 men ejected or injured and Bet365 did not pay up even though it was a default and an official 3-0 result.

Here are the Laws of the Game:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

Bottom of Page 26:

"An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules provide otherwise"

I only started watching from the beginning of the second half but I thought he played quite in his overall play. Better in the midfield three with Simpson being the clear left winger. Did a lot of support for Stalteri in defending on the left.

Johnson also took the corner on the McKenna goal.

****ING SPORTSET I ****ING HATE YOU MOTHER****ERS WHY WHY WHY do YOU DO THIS TO ME EVERY ****ING TIME I HATE ALL OF YOU PIECES OF ****TTTTTTTTT SUCK MY ****ING BALLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

????

Archived