Honduras Pre-Match & In-Match Thread [R]

CanadasBest

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please keep all discussions regarding the upcoming match against Honduras in this thread.

I will start the ball rolling by asking everyone who will replace DeJong at left back?

Who replaces DeGuzman, and DeRo?

I bet that they will come to Montreal hungry to get a win...Today,it was apparent that CSA doesn't have proper scouting reports about the players' situation in their Clubs in Europe...

SH kind of mis-timed the subbing,but needs to get on a plane and go personally scout,or have Tony Fonseca to help him to do that.

Anything can happen in soccer,it's just a game,so we still have time to fix all this if CSA and their Board is serious...This is the same "mess" as the U-20's are mired in.

I gather Geoff's questions were by way of example, but here's my take nonetheless: Will Johnson can replace DeGuzman. He's tricky on the ball and, arguably, is better defensively. Simpson starts on the left. Straith should slid in a left back. I trust him more than Peters, who I would like to see at right back after Diesel gets his record. Jakovic starts at CB. Jackson replaces DeRosario, Bernier or Hume slid in at right mid. Try the 4-4-2 one more time in case Jacko and Friend can develop some chemistry. If not, turn it into a true attacking 4-3-3.

How about starting Peters at RB and bringing Stalteri on around min 80 for the celebrations to begin? We really are wasting an incredible opportunity to solidify/experiment with our back line (minus Kluka of course).

I agree. I would like to see Jaime getting a start at the position he has played most of his club games in the last year: RB. But I doubt we'll see that.

BTW, what about Simpson at LB? He has played there before.

Here's who I would like to see against Honduras:

Al-Shaibani

Stalteri---Jakovic---Mckenna----Straith

Johnson---Bernier---Hutchinson---Simpson

------Jackson--------Friend---------

i like that line up ... But i would still keep de guzman instead of bernier. Although he is not the player he used to be , he is still one of our better players

Like others said i would bring peters in the second half as a right back

Other than that the line up looks pretty solid

i like that line up ... But i would still keep de guzman instead of bernier. Although he is not the player he used to be , he is still one of our better players

Like others said i would bring peters in the second half as a right back

Other than that the line up looks pretty solid

JDG is returning with TFC and won't be available for the Honduras game.

JDG is returning with TFC and won't be available for the Honduras game.

my bad !! I forgot about that. Then i m ok with that line up

Who is honduras bringing anyways ...

I m only good when it comes to southamerican teams , mexico , canada, and the USA :)

I just finished watching the last 30 minutes of Jamaica beating Costa Rica 1-0 at home, Ryan Johnson scored the winner. Jamaica is now 14 wins and 3 draws in their last 17 matches at home. Now I concede there are some Caribbean gimmes included that make the record seem better than it is. But it also includes wins over Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Canada. 4 of those teams made the hex this World Cup Qualifying.

My point is Canada needs to make a habit of beating CONCACAF opposition at home. This is Jamaica we're talking about here. No matter who is called, for us or for them, we need to find a way to get 3 points. Who cares about Peru, when we start beating the Honduras, Jamaica, Panama, Guatemala, El Salvadors then I will feel a lot better about our chances for 2014. Starts on Tuesday.

Here's who I would like to see against Honduras:

Al-Shaibani

Stalteri---Jakovic---Mckenna----Straith

Johnson---Bernier---Hutchinson---Simpson

------Jackson--------Friend---------

I guess we have to try anything and everything...After how the team desintegrated iin the last 25 minutes vs Peru...Let's see them play 4:4:2 with this line up and see what they will accomplish...This line up couldn't play 4:3:3 anyway.

Sometimes LOYOLA I think you should be manager of the CMNT team. I really hope they both pull this one thru. These are very important decsions and messages with deep meanings, and both must win to be avoided, otherwise a huge can of worms of many will not be not happy and a cancer of critizism opens .

I am very very surprised of the past few days (of movements) 3 players that went to TFC for their match and forcing the MNT to do so and emergency call ups. This is not in good taste, if I were a player on the team. Its not the message I would want to hear, and players outside looking in, and their clubs they are coming from being loaned out. These are serious movements and extremly out of the ordinary for any MNT, that could open a door of grave results publically and to the sport in its self in CANADA, regardless of the result and being widely critized and less severe a win for both. Wow even if someone gets injured in the honduras game etc etc..I think they should recall these players immediatly and complete their task.

If I was an odds maker at this moment a loss for both teams is more likely gone up just because of movement of players.

But this thinking is Canadian first then selfish last, but also of the public views as I attended many events this weekend and I must say the majority expressed the same thoughts. I want to share them with you and hopefully does not take place I really hope.

Me 2 but Montreal play on Wednesday in PR. Doubt he's playing. The way things are now with the club, I think the team comes first. Samething with DeRo and JG. Your not going to see them play tomorrow cause your club comes first.

your right but perhaps it would have been different if they would have called up Gerba for both games or just the montreal game.

Archived