Ukraine - Canada , October friendly

jonny63

I don't think we have te luxury of leaving out top players. Hart just needs to deploy him better. Dunfield looked a lot better sitting in front of the back 4. I'd give him another look and push Julian farther up the pitch. He's one of our few players who can beat a man 1v1 on a consistent basis. I don't care how bad his form is, we need that element.

Based on club and NT performances in the same spot on the pitch he's competing against Johnson and Hutchinson, if you chose to go with a dedicated deep lying holding mid/destroyer type in front of the back four (Dunfield). Unlike others, I don't like Johnson as a winger/wingback in our current system.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unlike others, I don't like Johnson as a winger/wingback in our current system.

I'm in the same boat as you, i don't think Johnson provides the type of 1v1 offense that you expect from an attacking wing player. If we're playing a flat 3 d-mid formation like our recent friendly against Honduras then i like him out wide, otherwise i prefer him as depth at the central d-mid position (or as a defensive option if we're protecting a lead).

Here is the Ukraine squad:

Goalkeepers: Andriy Piatov (Shakhtar), Andriy Dykan (Spartak Moscow, Russia)

Defenders: Dmytro Chyhrynsky (Shakhtar), Vitaliy Mandziuk (Dnipro), Taras Mykhalyk, Yevhen Khacheridi (both - Dynamo), Volodymyr Poliovy (Metalurh Zaporizhya), Olexander Romanchuk (Metalist), Artem Fedetsky (Karpaty)

Midfielders: Olexiy Hai (Shakhtar), Oleh Husiev (Dynamo), Denys Kozhanov, Ihor Khudobiak (both - Karpaty), Denys Kulakov (Vorskla), Denys Oliynyk (Metalist), Anatoliy Tymoschuk (Bayern Munich, Germany), Olexander Aliev (Lokomotiv, Russia)

Forwards: Andriy Shevchenko, Artem Milevsky (both - Dynamo), Andriy Voronin (Dinamo Moscow, Russia), Yevhen Selezniov (Dnipro).

http://www.ukrainiansoccer.net/?controller=publication&action=item&id=80171

http://www.ffu.org.ua/eng/teams/teams_main/6524/

I thought he played ok in the 2009 Gold Cup. He wasn't terrible, but wasn't spectacular. He was great in the 2007 Gold Cup in my opinion. He was pretty much invisible during WCQ in 2008, wasn't spectacular in the 2009 games, and this year hasn't done much. In that time frame when he hasn't played we've looked not too bad and have gotten some results. (With the exception of Argentina)

I agree we shouldn't be alienating any players, but the players need to be held accountable for their performance. I beleive Hart has the man-management skills to make this happen without shutting anybody out. I'd like to see Pacheco in and deGuzman out for this game.

Do we even have a kickoff time yet?

Not that I'll be able to make it or anything....

We have a confirmed time, 9pm local time and it will be in Dinamo Kiev Stadium

On the following week into the cashboxes will enter the tickets the comradely match between the teams of the Ukraine and Canada, which takes place on October 8 in Kiev on the stadium “of the dynamo” of the name of Valerie [Lobanovskiy] (beginning in 21:00). As became known dynamo.kiev.ua, the cost of tickets to this duel will compose 50, 80, 100, 150 and 200 [grn] depending on the selected sector.

http://dynamo.kiev.ua/news/40009.html

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdynamo.kiev.ua%2Fnews%2F40009.html&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Reading some of the comments, people are angry they have to pay 50 Ukrainian Hrivna's to see Ukraine play us ($6.40).

Also interesting the fans are proposing similar things as us, games in smaller cities like Zaporozh'ye, Mariupol etc

^Though his career has plateau-ed I have always liked what he brings to the MNT in terms of a possession maintaining kind of player. Good squad guy to have.

Decent guy to have on the bench as he can play a variety of different positions. But IMO DeRo, Simpson, Jackson, De Jong and possibly even Hutch provide more going forward down the wings.

Yeah his technique is what impresses me most about him, i've always been a fan of his since he made his way on the scene. When does his contract expire? I think he would be a good pick up for Vancouver MLS in 2011. Could probably get away with paying him anywhere from $90,000-$110,000. Anyone know how much he makes in Denmark?

Marc Weber of the Province, via Twitter. No surprise there, but nice to see Hart is back looking at Gerba.

Its the right move for both parties... we can see Ali at the January camp but we can't see players like Occean, Haber, Uccello, Friend at that time... Ali is basically a lock for matches in 2011 including the Gold Cup as long as he keeps playing and scoring at a decent rate. It would be nice to get a 2011 November date where we could have a full squad

Is there any indication that Uccello is in Hart's plans at the moment? Not saying he shouldn't be but he just doesn't seem to be on the radar at the moment.

Hey When Canada came to mtl I asked hart about Ucello he said that he has been in contact with him but that he would only select him if he was playing more consistently. I guess hart is looking into it. Well see if he gets the call up.. Hart is also in close contact with Hoilett and Bunbury. I wonder if we will see Ademolu?? or felix brillant. Hart also mentioned that JDG2 is on his list and that he hopes Julian and can persuade his brother to come play guess thats all the hope we have on that subject

Hey When Canada came to mtl I asked hart about Ucello he said that he has been in contact with him but that he would only select him if he was playing more consistently. I guess hart is looking into it. Well see if he gets the call up.. Hart is also in close contact with Hoilett and Bunbury. I wonder if we will see Ademolu?? or felix brillant. Hart also mentioned that JDG2 is on his list and that he hopes Julian and can persuade his brother to come play guess thats all the hope we have on that subject

????

Archived