• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, not a bad little lineup i guess...i'm guessing Hart will send out:

-------------------Lars-------------------

Stalteri ----Straith----Jakovic---DeJong

Bernier---------Pacheco---------Hutch

Jackson---------Occean--------Simpson

I'd like to see us use a 4-4-2 but i'm wondering if Hart is also as inflexible with his formations as Mitchell was. I hope Uccello gets out there so we can see what he can do. I'd also like to see Straith at RB and Edgar in as a CB, but i'm guessing we'll have Stalteri at RB....again.

Meh, not a bad little lineup i guess...i'm guessing Hart will send out:

Straith----Edgar------Jakovic---DeJong

Bernier---------Pacheco---------Hutch

Jackson---------Occean--------Simpson

I'd like to see us use a 4-4-2 but i'm wondering if Hart is also as inflexible with his formations as Mitchell was. I hope Uccello gets out there so we can see what he can do.

I prefer Straith at RB instead of Stalteri, I lcompletely agree with your back 4!

^ Gator, I started with the lineup i wanted to see and then switched to the lineup i figured we'd see, but i forgot to take Straith out for Stalteri so what you quoted is what i wrote before i edited. Here's what i would like to see:

Bernier--Pacheco---Hutch-----Simpson

---------Jackson-------Occean----------

With Uccello and Haber coming on at HT for Jackson and Occean.

^ Gator, I started with the lineup i wanted to see and then switched to the lineup i figured we'd see, but i forgot to take Straith out for Stalteri so what you quoted is what i wrote before i edited. Here's what i would like to see:

I was agreeing with you, it was Loyola's 11 that had Diesel starting! We suddenly have good options at RB (Peters, Straith and Hutch)

I like this lineup, except I would not start Bernier. Put Jackson in his spot with either Uccello or Haber up front with Occean.

I was agreeing with you, it was Loyola's 11 that had Diesel starting! We suddenly have good options at RB (Peters, Straith and Hutch)

I have Stalteri starting because I can't imagine SH not starting him (it was a starting 11 I expect to see from SH). My preference would be for a 4-4-2:

Starith---Edgar---Jakovic---De Jong

Issey----Bernier---Atiba---Simpson

--------Jackson----Occean----

I would also like to see more of Pacheco but since he hasn't played much (from what I undertsand) lately, I wouldn't start him. Bernier and Hutch are in season form.

How about Hutch starting at right back, he's playing there for PSV which is perhaps the best level any of our RB's are playing at? I know he is valuable in our midfield but we have other options and this would be a strong back four! Hart has really got to get away from starting Stalteri at RB all the time, he's just too slow at this point in his career,this is no slight on the guy, he's been great for Canada, he just had to make way for youngwe guys IMHO!

How about Hutch starting at right back, he's playing there for PSV which is perhaps the best level any of our RB's are playing at? I know he is valuable in our midfield but we have other options and this would be a strong back four! Hart has really got to get away from starting Stalteri at RB all the time, he's just too slow at this point in his career,this is no slight on the guy, he's been great for Canada, he just had to make way for youngwe guys IMHO!

We are weak in midfield so Hutch will probably play there by default. Here's my lineup.

Lars

Stalteri-Edgar-Jakovic-De Jong

Bernier-Pacheco

Jackson-Hutch-Simpson

Occean

I want to see Occean playing on top, Wouldn't mind seeing a 4-4-2 with Simeon on top and Hutch on the right. But I think that this is our best 11. There are a lot of attacking options with Uccello and Haber in there. I still want to see Issey come in as a supersub. If Diesel starts at right back, I'd like to sub him off at a moment of the game to see how Edgar does at right back. We are thin on the backline.

No. The only real omission I think.

I'm curious if Hoilett was asked again this time, and whether Hart has made that trip to Spain to talk to Jono De Guzman. Bunbury is in the same boat of the other MLS players (bar Jakovic and perhaps Hainault) so he probably wasn't.

-----------------Hutch-------------------

Nakajima-------Pacheco----------Simpson

Perhaps give Uccello 30 min and use Bernier late in case we are holding a lead or trying to reduce the bleeding.

From my perspective OO is auditioning much more than the young guns - he needs a proper look of at least a full hour. To be honest I won't be fussed if Haber doesn't get more than some courtesy minutes given how terrible he was with Caps during the last go around and how relatively insignificant he has been in Scotland so far. That and we don't need him to be a game-breaker yet given his age, so we can integrate him into the team a little more slowly.

I'd be quite surprised if we didn't play out of the 4-3-3 that changes into the 4-5-1. I would really like to see Hart use what he considers his best available A-list for this and the Greece match. New faces can be looked at but may not make enough of an impression during training to see substantial, if any, playing time. However, I'm happy to see some newbies get the call and an opportunity to strut their stuff.

I'm curious if Hoilett was asked again this time, and whether Hart has made that trip to Spain to talk to Jono De Guzman. Bunbury is in the same boat of the other MLS players (bar Jakovic and perhaps Hainault) so he probably wasn't.

I can't really imagine JDG2 playing his first Canadian game without his brother there. I think there's a good chance we see them together in Greece.

Jason

You're right, he took his time committing, I'm not sure whether he was on the Dutch team's radar for even getting capped at the senior level, Jono sure doesn't seem to be!

De Jong was called for a Dutch camp at one point although I can't remember if it was senior or U23 so that made him reconsider whether to play for Canada until it became apparent a few months later he was still really far down the Dutch depth chart. As for JDG2, even if Hart was able to convince him to commit for Canada (I'll still believe it when I see it though) I doubt all the paperwork/bureaucracy for the switch would have been finished in time for this game.

As much as I likedPeters when he was younger I feel has has fallen, to others that are better then him right now plus he is not very tall and seems not to reaching the levels he should be..and is being moved around like stir fry. Is over rated for a national team player and my be ok for a club team guy. He has lost my confidence in him Im glad he is not there but also not happy Saltieri he is to old and some esle should has replaced him. time for him to move on for other young guys in the back...

i should correct my comments if any thing maybe an outside chance of a winger but that would be far i go with him. the fact is you need stronger players when you qualify rounds i just do not think he has it to get the job done special in the back.

As was mentioned, why not try Edgar at right back, Lord knows he has played more there this season than Stalteri has played period.

Right back would be the last place I'd put Edgar. He's struggled their massively against mediocre opponents in the Premier League and Championship, he's just not a right back. I'd say Attakora or Straith would be the best bets at the moment. Yes I know they are both natural centre backs as well but right now they are both behind Jakovic and McKenna on the depth chart so one of them would be sitting on the bench anyways. Both have proven themselves to be better right backs than Edgar.

After the Ukraine game though I still think that Peters deserves a few more chances before we cast him under the bus at that position.

Archived