Ukraine - Canada , October friendly

jonny63

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ukraine, Argentina, Jamaica all in one year? Wow the CSA is starting to turn it around,

a translation would be nice

Edit: my poor translation

На 11 августа запланирован поединок с голландцами на своем поле, 3 сентября выезд к соседям-партнерам полякам. В октябре планируется провести две встречи. Одна будет с Канадой, а второй соперник станет известен наверняка уже после жеребьевки отборочного турнира.

Is on August 11 planned duel with the Dutchmen in its field, on September 3 departure to the neighbor- partners to Poles. In October it is planned to conduct two encounters. One will be with Canada, and the second rival will become known for sure already after the allotment of elimination tournament.

Could this be our home friendly at BMO that was suppose to be in September?

Great news either way.

I would be surprise to see Ukraine come in Canada for an October friendly. My guess is that we'll be playing this one away. Still, a nice game if it's confirmed.

Nice pick-up if true. I have a few Ukrainian friends that would melt to hear this happening in Canada. Would we get to see an old chevy on field, or is he too far past it to make a friendly in Canada. Does his wife still have family in the US, I think she is american.

Perhaps the CSA will go for the Ukrainian ex-pat community and hold it in Edmonton.

If so, you would not be able to keep me away with high-powered explosives.

After the Honduras fiasco in Montreal, I would hope the CSA would stop holding what few home games we get in cities selected on the criterion of "thats where the most ex pats from our opppnents country live.That will ensure a sell out!" The CSA should be awarding these rare home games to venues that support our boys. We are never going to get to the World cup if this pattern of "away home games" continues.

But all the same, I wish the CSA would announce these friendlies already! Cudos to them for trying to set up all these games though.

After the Honduras fiasco in Montreal, I would hope the CSA would stop holding what few home games we get in cities selected on the criterion of "thats where the most ex pats from our opppnents country live.That will ensure a sell out!" The CSA should be awarding these rare home games to venues that support our boys. We are never going to get to the World cup if this pattern of "away home games" continues.

But all the same, I wish the CSA would announce these friendlies already! Cudos to them for trying to set up all these games though.

There's not that many Hondurans in MTL and most of the fans attending the game in MTL were from out of town (Boston, NY, etc).

The CSA organized the game in MTL because the players asked for it and even after the MTL fiasco, some players complained about the other home games not being held in MTL.

There's not that many Hondurans in MTL and most of the fans attending the game in MTL were from out of town (Boston, NY, etc).

The CSA organized the game in MTL because the players asked for it and even after the MTL fiasco, some players complained about the other home games not being held in MTL.

There aren't that many Hondurans in Montreal but there are an awful lot within easy driving distance from Montreal. The Honduras game should have been in Edmonton with Montreal getting Jamaica and Toronto getting Mexico.

There aren't that many Hondurans in Montreal but there are an awful lot within easy driving distance from Montreal. The Honduras game should have been in Edmonton with Montreal getting Jamaica and Toronto getting Mexico.

You must admit that we didn't even expect that kind of crowd in MTL.

If that was just me, St-John's (NF) would've got the Honduras game....

In term of avoiding good away support, Edmonton is probably the best place with St-John's (if King George V Stadium is FIFA approved).

Tell that to the several thousand of Mexican fans we sat next to in WCQ in Commonwealth. Granted Canada were eliminated but there was plenty of support for Mexico. When Red Deer hosted the world junior hockey tourney in the mid-90's the Ukrainian team was in the tournament and I believe garnered terrific support in whatever rural Edmonton rink (I think Wetaskiwin or Camrose) from the locals. I'm too lazy to look up details.

Overall, I think the premise of avoiding good away support is a good one, but not one that'll be undertaken by the CSA until the Canadian support ensures a better than break-even gate. I think the turnout in Toronto was very encouraging.

Perhaps the CSA will go for the Ukrainian ex-pat community and hold it in Edmonton.

If so, you would not be able to keep me away with high-powered explosives.

Sadly the Ukrainian ex-pats in Edmonchuk would be attending in wheelchairs or from the grave. Ukrainian immigration to northern Alberta pretty much stopped after 1915. Descendants, such as myself, are now scattered all over the place. For selfish reasons, I'd like to see this held at Empire Field!

Sadly the Ukrainian ex-pats in Edmonchuk would be attending in wheelchairs or from the grave. Ukrainian immigration to northern Alberta pretty much stopped after 1915. Descendants, such as myself, are now scattered all over the place. For selfish reasons, I'd like to see this held at Empire Field!

Some people here still go here about being Ukrainian haha. Something tells me it would be pretty easy to slot these people in at a game

Archived