Ukraine - Canada , October friendly

jonny63

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we might see stephen ademolu get the call at striker since most mls players would be unavailable in the mls and gerba declined

I really doubt Ademolu is being considered by Hart. Strikers available are Friend, Jackson, Hume, Haber, Occean, Uccello, Jonke...

I'd like to see 3 strikers called since its just one match its likely we'll just call 18

Here's what I'd hope for:

Keepers:

Hirschfeld

Al-Shaïbani

Defenders:

Klukowski

Straith

Stalteri

Edgar

De Jong

Peters

Midfielders:

Nakajima

Hutchinson

Bernier

Pacheco

Simpson

Davies

Johnson?

Strikers:

Friend

Jackson

Occean

We are thin at center back for this match it would be great if Houston/DC would send us one of Jakovic, Hainault, Serioux... also I think Will Johnson might be let go for this match if Hart calls him, Kreis was more than willing to let his young star get experience vs. Argentina, Ukraine is a good test. I think we need to see Edgar for this match no question.

Phillipe Davies... lets call him up and see what he's got! It will be good experience for him heading into his first MLS season and he can also go to the January camp, he's been contributing for the Whitecaps this year and seems to be one of their best players. Vancouver would let him go im guessing they are testing players for MLS anyways

ALSO: I really hope Hart calls Radzinski! Why not? Hes starting in a good league and he is a star for his club!

Keepers:

Hirschfeld

Al-Shaïbani

Defenders:

Klukowski

Straith

Stalteri

Edgar

De Jong

Peters

Midfielders:

Nakajima

Hutchinson

Bernier

Pacheco

Simpson

Davies

Johnson?

Strikers:

Friend

Jackson

Occean

This list is Jeremy-approved! I think it'll be very tough to get Johnson, especially if RSL make the playoffs, plus the CCL... their schedule is packed, so it's not the same situation as earlier this year.

Also, if Edgar does not come to this game, in Europe, then I give up on him (I have already taken him off my ''Canadians abroad'' list on the blog... If he does not come, you can probably call Hainault since Houston does not look good for the playoffs.

Monsalve has played more games than Al-Shaibani this season.

I realise that, I just find it surprising now that he has completely lost his spot on a team in such a weak league. I guess Sutton might be tied up with playoffs, although I'm not so sure he's so deserving either given he has only had a couple of games this season (and then only by default). I thought a guy like Stillo or Santiago or Misiewicz might get called in for the experience. I guess we don't have any other options, and I don't mean to disparage Monsalve (I follow him and cheer him on enthusiastically and at least he is young and shows promise), it's more a lament for our lack of mature depth at such a key position.

Archived