Bircham hangs up his boots

loyola

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

On the recommendation of @The Real Marc I listened to Marc Bircham tell stories for a few hours on this podcast.

On the second episode he claims he got a bullet in the post from some deranged Canada fan (Robert?) and he had to be guarded by armed security around the clock.  Has anyone heard this before???  Starts at the 15:45 mark of the second video below.

Edit: In case anyone was unclear, the "Robert?" part is sarcasm. You'll see from the clip, Bircham laughs about the whole thing.  If the mods are as offended as @Unnamed Trialist then feel free to take it down.

Edited by CanadianSoccerFan

Given the background of him being a prankster (the snake story etc.) and the way he tells the story,  my theory is that it was probably sent as a prank by other members of the team and got intercepted in the mail by official authorities who took it deadly seriously and acted accordingly.  I mean, it's not like Neil Lennon playing for Northern Ireland.  Unless there's a militant wing of the Voyageurs that only posts on Parler that we're not aware of.  

6 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

On the recommendation of @The Real Marc I listened to Marc Bircham tell stories for a few hours on this podcast.

On the second episode he claims he got a bullet in the post from some deranged Canada fan (Robert?) and he had to be guarded by armed security around the clock.  Has anyone heard this before???  Starts at the 15:45 mark of the second video below.

Maybe you should remove that ridiculous and childish insinuation in your post. 

Do you really feel you have to ingratiate yourself to a bunch of people you don't know with a such a low-life slur against a sometime board member? 

Then get others to jump in with you, that is the stuff of scum.

If you don't remove it asap I'll ask the moderators to deal with it. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Maybe you should remove that ridiculous and childish insinuation in your post. 

Do you really feel you have to ingratiate yourself to a bunch of people you don't know with a such a low-life slur against a sometime board member?

Maybe the sarcasm would make sense to you if you listen to the clip.  Bircham thought it was hilarious.  

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You are a total scumbag to think that could have the minimum basis in reality, remove that post immediately. 

Then please leave this board forever, we don't need low life here.

Why so defensive for Robert? He’s the one that gets every account he creates banned isn’t he?

I too sometimes throw a bit too much emotional garbage into this board, but trying to ingratiate yourself to people you don't even know by slagging on another person you also don't know is the lowest of lows. Especially when that other has been identified and ostracized. Herd mentality? Or maybe school yard bullying level, I find it repugnant. You have to be very low to partake in it.

That quite apart from the fact that extreme actions from fans are very common in places of the world where a player abandons a club or is seen as a bitter rival. There was never anything in the person named's posting that at all reflected this sort of bile, while the ones encouraging such defamation and enjoying it from others are clearly the one's to watch out for. 

• 9 months later...