Canadians Abroad March 8th to March 14th

2 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Johnston starts for Celtic vs Livingston in the Scottish Cup quarter-final. 

2-1 Hoops at the half, Maeda with the brace in his 100th appearance for Celtic and Daniel McKay with the goal for Livi on a long ball over the top.  Don't know if it was a simple miscommunication or no-communication but Welsh & Johnston buggered the coverage on that one.  So far so go otherwise for AJ.  Aware enough to send Idah away with a quick free kick but came to naught in the end.

Played the 90 and ends 4-2 Celtic (Maeda ended the night on a hat trick).  Heck of a 2nd half by AJ.  Hockey assist on the winning goal, had quite a sharp turn and snap shot in the area, very nice, and to go along with his usual allowance of alert passes and crossess into the box drew 2 cautions as well.  Is going to sleep good tonight, was moving a bit gingerly by full time.  Got a few extra words from The Gaffer to-boot.  Harder than it needed to be today but all in all a good day at the office for our Ali.

21 hours ago, Cheeta said:

2-1 Hoops at the half, Maeda with the brace in his 100th appearance for Celtic and Daniel McKay with the goal for Livi on a long ball over the top.  Don't know if it was a simple miscommunication or no-communication but Welsh & Johnston buggered the coverage on that one.  So far so go otherwise for AJ.  Aware enough to send Idah away with a quick free kick but came to naught in the end.

I was out to brunch with the family yesterday and by pure coincidence we ended up at Montreal's Celtic fan club meeting spot, where they had half the restaurant blocked off with probably a dozen guys in Celtic shirts, big flag with the supporters' club name, and they were going crazy. You'd hear their section start cheering and about 30 seconds later, my phone would go off with a goal notification.

Poor waiter was telling the confused elderly couple next to us that "it's a celtics game... not the basketball one, it's a soccer team too"

On 3/9/2024 at 7:30 PM, Kadenge said:

Marcus Caldeira starting for Minnesota. That's his first start and first mins in MLS. Enes Sali ( I know we have to wait a few more months but I'm getting a head start) on the bench for Dallas

I reread this a few times and was confused. Caldeira didn’t actually play for Minnesota in MLS this weekend right? I recall him deciding he’s heading back to school for another year.

6 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

I reread this a few times and was confused. Caldeira didn’t actually play for Minnesota in MLS this weekend right? I recall him deciding he’s heading back to school for another year.

He didn't play.

The score apps listed him as starting but it was a bug or error.

Its the 3rd time recently I've seen this happen now.

29 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

I think he's only gone back for the spring and will be back in Minnesota after the current semester is over. Afrifa did the same last year

• jordan unpinned this topic