CNL: Jamaica vs Canada - Saturday, November 18th - 10:30am EST / 7:30am Pacific - Kingston, Jamaica

38 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

Crépeau (Borjan, Sirois)

Johnston (Laryea) Kennedy (Vitoria) Cornelius (Miller) Adekugbe

Buchanan (Nelson) Koné (Loturi) Eustaquio (Choinière) Davies (Millar)

Larin (Corbeanu) David (Brym)

That's what I hope. LDF as the 23rd man.

I would love to see a Nelson recall. I would have said we probably won't see it, but Buchanan missed the last Brugge match (due to injury I understand) and Corbeanu is confirmed to be injured too. Schaffleburg would be an alternative to Nelson.

Edit - I see you have chosen Corbeanu too, but I think he's out (infortunately). I think Hoilett is an alternative, if not Cavallini. 

Edited by Obinna

Predictions
(3) GK: borjan st clair creapeu 
Rwb (2):Buchanan laryea
CB (6): Vitoria, AJ, Miller, LDF, Cornelius, Bombito 
lwb (2): davies, adekugbe 
CM (6) Staq, Kone, Oso, piette, choiniere hoilett
Strikers (4): David, larin, brym, millar 

Guys who just missed the boat:
Ali, ugbo, shaf 

IF LDF isnt willing to commit, he will be replaced with kennedy 

2 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Predictions

Ali, ugbo, shaf 

What's going on with Buchanan? Didn't he pick up an injury or am I misinformed?

Aside from that it looks good. It feels like the type of squad we'll see from Biello, and should be a squad that takes care of business. 

I would personally like to see Knight-Label if not LDF to get him integrated, but Kennedy would be next in line based on club form/level. 

54 minutes ago, Obinna said:

What's going on with Buchanan? Didn't he pick up an injury or am I misinformed?

Aside from that it looks good. It feels like the type of squad we'll see from Biello, and should be a squad that takes care of business. 

I would personally like to see Knight-Label if not LDF to get him integrated, but Kennedy would be next in line based on club form/level. 

I agree personally with JKL. I just have a hard time seeing biello taking bombito and JKL as "integration" guys (which is weird since i see him bringing LDF). Bombito makes the squad due to familiarity, versatility and mostly that hes right footed. Kennedy makes it over waterman, zator etc due to familiarity with the squad. 

21 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I agree personally with JKL. I just have a hard time seeing biello taking bombito and JKL as "integration" guys (which is weird since i see him bringing LDF). Bombito makes the squad due to familiarity, versatility and mostly that hes right footed. Kennedy makes it over waterman, zator etc due to familiarity with the squad. 

Can't disagree. We'll likely find out within 24 hours (unless the CSA is true to form) :D

16 hours ago, Bigandy said:

Predictions

Ali, ugbo, shaf 

Good list and balance on your squad.  Probably very accurate. 

I understand the historical stability and continuity side of things, but I feel Sirois was much better than St-Clair this year, same for Ali over Oso.

7 minutes ago, costarg said:

Good list and balance on your squad.  Probably very accurate. 

I understand the historical stability and continuity side of things, but I feel Sirois was much better than St-Clair this year, same for Ali over Oso.

I agree with sirios and I would take ali over adekugbe. Not because oso deserves it and adekugbe doesnt but davies is likely going 90. Assuming buchanan is fit, then we have laryea on the bench as a back up, AJ as an emergency lwb and millar can play there too. Ali then can also fill in at lwb or in the middle. However, Oso's experience has value and we are pretty thin in the middle. 

As good as choiniere has been in the MLS. It would be pretty bold to trust him going 2- 90's. I also dont think hoilett can start both games...certainly not go 90 in both. oso and ali in the squad add just a bit more to the options on our squad. 

I dont think that happens though.

17 hours ago, Bigandy said:

Predictions

Ali, ugbo, shaf 

My only change here is I think that we’ll see Harry Paton over Bombito. I think if you’re bringing LDF along, it’s to play, so I don’t know that 6 CBs makes sense. I think Paton looked good in his cameo, and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back. Would prefer Ahmed, but he wasn’t called last window, so I don’t know. Also would switch out Piette for Corbeanu, but that’s more wishful thinking than anything. 

33 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

My only change here is I think that we’ll see Harry Paton over Bombito. I think if you’re bringing LDF along, it’s to play, so I don’t know that 6 CBs makes sense. I think Paton looked good in his cameo, and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back. Would prefer Ahmed, but he wasn’t called last window, so I don’t know. Also would switch out Piette for Corbeanu, but that’s more wishful thinking than anything. 

While I agree with the logic of your post, I still find it hard to imagine Bombito getting dropped for Paton. Somehow I feel like Bombito is going to make this roster...

Just now, Obinna said:

While I agree with the logic of your post, I still find it hard to imagine Bombito getting dropped for Paton. Somehow I feel like Bombito is going to make this roster...

Turns out I was wrong- it’s Ahmed!

https://x.com/canadasocceren/status/1722282929479438572?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

EFD1DB63-9B02-4BE7-939D-958278B44771.jpeg

First impression is that we mean business and we aren't Fing around with this roster.

In the attack we have picked our best available players - good job Biello

In midfield we drop Choniere and Paton and return Ahmed - I kind of like it. I am happy for MAK too. He's playing regular playoff ball right now (NE still in it right?) - pretty good job Biello

In defense we have all the usual suspects plus a return for LDF - fantastic to see

Keepers pick themselves.

Not much to hate and no obvious snubs I can see....great roster. 

Edit - missed Cavallini - good for him to return

Feels like we are conjuring up our qualifying vibes here with MAK and Cava

Edited by Obinna

Just now, Obinna said:

First impression is that we mean business and we aren't Fing around with this roster.

In the attack we have picked our best available players - good job Biello

In midfield we drop Choniere and Paton and return Ahmed - I kind of like it. I am happy for MAK too. He's playing regular playoff ball right now (NE still in it right?) - pretty good job Biello

In defense we have all the usual suspects plus a return for LDF - fantastic to see

Keepers pick themselves.

Not much to hate and no obvious snubs I can see....great roster. 

Agreed- I think any snubs are mostly preference; no one really missing who should 1000% be there. I would’ve liked Nelson and Corbeanu since I think we need more wingers, but that would imply Biello is gonna change up the formation which I think was always going to be unlikely. I think Ahmed being the one player from our “B” roster making it is super revealing. Seems like other players like Choiniere, Bombito, etc. were more prioritized, I totally didn’t expect him, but excited to see him play.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to CNL: Jamaica vs Canada - Saturday, November 18th - 10:30am EST / 7:30am Pacific - Kingston, Jamaica