Match Thread: July 7, 2023 - Vancouver FC v HFX Wanderers

1 hour ago, nolando said:

My boys and I (and a legendary V) are saddling up and riding the chuckwagon out from Vancouver for this one. Hoping for a big contribution from Cantave and that we can get another W in the sun.

A legendary V?!  Ooh the mystery!

3 minutes ago, Big_M said:

fillion did it again running to midfield and making a ridiculous header and opponent almost scores from midfield...this guy is hilarious...vancouver takes it and gets out of last place for now

Cant give up dumb goals on the road. I dont think we played terrible im not sold on Fillion though!

Vancouver fc supporters already putting the entire league to shame. Putting the Fraser Valley on the map. 3pts in the pocket baby. Halifax been a city for like for 400 hundred years and that's all they got? Langley just getting started

Very professional win. After a haphazard first 15 even with the goal for, and the draw, VFC settled in, pressured well, showed fitness and character, and did well to close HFX down. The VFC attackers are more seasoned than their back line, a bit green, but if they balance out they'll start to contend.

Really well played and fully deserved from the locals.

My first VfC match in person, met a few Vs hope to say hi to a few more next time. Thanks to @nolandoand @youllneverwalkalonefor the courtesy.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 hours ago, rydermike said:

CPL debut for Zielinski.

Irving not on bench (Trevor Schneider signs emergency deal I guess). Wonder if Irving is injured

Sick for the past couple of days, apparently. The understudy did well.

Had an interesting sidebar experience with most of the Whitecaps 2 team sitting behind and beside us in Langley last night. A neutral might wonder if they were cheering on the newest Metro Vancouver professional club but, in fact, in seemed every single guy there was cheering on Halifax. Campagna being from the Vancouver area helps to explain it, just as Coimbra had a little cheering section for him as well, presumably from his days playing for Faly in the city. But these Caps kids, lead by Max Anchor, were loudly and continuously supporting the visiting team.

Maybe this is the start of a proper rivalry, maybe it had something to do with Hundal's comments early in the season about VWFC not winning very often, but it was spicy enough to show some promise.

Now, part of me is hoping the entire Vancouver FC team travels out to UBC to, just as passionately, cheer on Portland in VWFC 2's next home match 😀

Edited by nolando