Match Thread: July 7, 2023 - Vancouver FC v HFX Wanderers

Just now, nolando said:

Had an interesting sidebar experience with most of the Whitecaps 2 team sitting behind and beside us in Langley last night. A neutral might wonder if they were cheering on the newest Metro Vancouver professional club but, in fact, in seemed every single guy there was cheering on Halifax. Campagna being from the Vancouver area helps to explain it, just as Coimbra had a little cheering section for him as well, presumably from his days playing for Faly in the city. But these Caps kids, lead by Max Anchor, were loudly and continuously supporting the visiting team.

Maybe this is the start of a proper rivalry, maybe it had something to do with Hundal's comments early in the season about VWFC not winning very often, but it was spicy enough to show some promise.

Now, part of me is hoping the entire Vancouver FC team travels out to UBC to, just as passionately, cheer on Portland in VWFC 2's next home match 😀

What it said to me is that these kids aren't looking up, they're looking down. They see VFC as a rival team?  With a tenth of their budget? Small minded. Lack of ambition. Instead of looking at those teams above them with zeal to tear them down. When about 2/3s of them will never play consistently higher than CPL.

At least Hundal is looking in the right direction, he's aspiring for more. Not these kids having a collective orgasm every time HFX got close to scoring.

Then watch the Caps tonight being that team that plays like they're inferior against an arch rival.

This is playing out just about exactly how I figured it would. Im feeling a lot of hate and disrespect coming in from footie fans around the lower mainland towards Vancouver fc. It's just the typical and predictable. I think they should do a biker night, a bhangra night, a lowrider night, a grow op night. Just really annoy people 

Edited by SpursFlu