U21 Minute Tracker

I'm guessing the Wanderers (Rushenas), York (Himaras), and Forge (Kalongo) will bump up their minutes by giving a few starts to their U21 keepers, which is how Pacific (Gazdov) has so many minutes. Atletico and Valour look to have no issue meeting the 2000 minutes with their current paces

Tracker after Matchday 5 - teams should be at 357.1 minutes to be on pace

CPL Top U-21 Minutes (min earned last match in brackets)

Club Total U-21 Minutes
Valour FC 1,009 (+183)
Pacific FC 547 (+91)
Atlético Ottawa 527 (+99)
Vancouver FC 445 (+193)
Forge FC 249 (+25)
Cavalry FC 172 (+22)
York United FC 155 (+16)
Halifax Wanderers FC 85 (+21)

HFX, York and Cavalry have to average 85, 83.5 and 81.7 mins per game respectively for the balance of the season to make the minimum. Talk about digging yourself a hole. 

For reference, 2000 mins / 28 games = 71.4 mins/game (which may have been already posted here already)  Forge, Vancouver, Ottawa, Pacific and Valour only need to average 72, 66.5, 63.5, 57.9 and 34.5 mins/game going forward.  

Valour’s number is extra high due to injuries, but de Brienne has proved worthy of starts regardless and the top 5 all have at least one player who deserves the start regardless of their age. The problem for the bottom three is who you take off the field to get one start per game for an Abatneh or an Ntignee or a Coimbra etc

18 minutes ago, shorty said:

The problem for the bottom three is who you take off the field to get one start per game for an Abatneh or an Ntignee or a Coimbra etc

I figure York and HFX will start giving starts to Himaras and Rushenas (like Forge did with Kalongo getting the 90 last match). That could lighten the load. Give them each 4 starts and there's 20% of the minutes. 

2 hours ago, rydermike said:

I figure York and HFX will start giving starts to Himaras and Rushenas (like Forge did with Kalongo getting the 90 last match). That could lighten the load. Give them each 4 starts and there's 20% of the minutes. 

Unlike Forge, HFX and York cannot afford the risk of dropping points due to playing an inexperienced keeper. 

CPL Minute tracker after Matchday 7 

Quarter-mark of season. Teams should be at 500 minutes to be on pace

Club Total U-21 Minutes
Valour FC 1,366 (+126)
Pacific FC 728 (+1)
Vancouver FC 690 (+154)
Atlético Ottawa 673* (+70)
Forge FC 496 (+80)
Cavalry FC 230 (+28)
Halifax Wanderers FC 213 (+83)
York United FC 162 (+0)

*JA Assi has 485 of the 673 minutes. He's capped at 1000 minutes counting to the 2000 due to being an on-loan player. 

Edited by rydermike

CPL Minutes after Matchday 8

Teams should be at 571 (8GP) or 643 (9GP) to be on pace

Club (Games) Total U-21 Minutes
Valour FC (8) 1,485 (+119)
Vancouver FC (8) 834 (+144)
Pacific FC (8) 805 (+77)
Atlético Ottawa (8) 740 (+67)
Forge FC (9) 560 (+64**)
Halifax Wanderers FC (8) 274 (+61)
Cavalry FC (8) 247 (+17)
York United FC (9) 164 (+2**)

**Played two games this week

11 hours ago, jonovision said:

York need to average 96 minutes from their U21s (who are they even?) over the remaining 19 games. A whole starter, and some sub minutes.

This is York's current setup

York-United-e1627324154976.png Contract Type Starts Subbed On Minutes Played
Noah Abatneh SPC 0 1 7
Theodore Afework SPC 0 0 0
Eleias Himaras SPC 0 0 0
Ivan Pavela Development 0 0 0
Toby Richardson Development 0 0 0
Markiyan Voytsekhovskyy SPC 1 5 157
Loan Minutes 0
Total 164

For York, I can only speculate that they're hoping Afework can play a bunch of minutes when he returns from injury and maybe MV can contribute some solid sub minutes. Maybe add a new player in the summer window too (the return of Ronan Kratt maybe?).

Last year, they more than tripled the 2000, now they're pulling the AO struggle from last year.

On 6/6/2023 at 2:44 PM, rydermike said:

For York, I can only speculate that they're hoping Afework can play a bunch of minutes when he returns from injury and maybe MV can contribute some solid sub minutes. Maybe add a new player in the summer window too (the return of Ronan Kratt maybe?).

Last year, they more than tripled the 2000, now they're pulling the AO struggle from last year.

Maybe they thought they could carry over their minutes from last year to the next 2 years 🤣

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

What is the consequence for failing to meet the minimum minutes?

Last year, if I remember correctly, the league said teams who did not meet the requirement would not be eligible for the playoffs.

Edited by K Edgar

At the bottom of the U21 minutes page on the CPL site it says:

* The minimum minute playing requirement for U-21 Domestic Players is a critical tenet of the League. As such, any team that fails to meet the 2,000-minute requirement over the course of the 2023 CPL Regular Season will be ineligible to participate in the 2023 CPL Playoffs. Any such team would also likely be assessed significant financial and other possible penalties.

So, the CPL can pay a fine to themselves

U21 minutes after Matchday 9

Teams should be at 643 minutes to be on pace (714 for 10 game teams)

Club (Games) Total U-21 Minutes
Valour FC (9) 1,551 (+66)
Vancouver FC (9) 969 (+135)
Pacific FC (9) 895 (+90)
Atlético Ottawa (9) 825 (+85)
Forge FC (10) 566 (+6)
Halifax Wanderers FC (9) 360 (+86)
Cavalry FC (9) 315 (+68)
York United FC (10) 165 (+1)

Players born in 2002 qualify for this right? If so, I believe Trivine Esprit will count towards this. His age isn't listed on canpl.ca yet but he is listed as being born in February 2002 on Canada Soccer's website.

https://canadasoccer.com/profile/?id=4385&teamId=2073

I can't find info on how he is on the York United roster though. Was this a temporary signing or is he on the roster full time now? He looked pretty good in limited minutes (apparently only 3 according to canpl.ca, which surprises me) in their last game. Hopefully he can start collecting minutes to help the team out in this regard, but obviously York will need more than 1 guy to do the job.