General MLS Talk 2023

Big_M

6 minutes ago, Macksam said:

It doesn't really matter, if it increases viewership, attendance, sponsorships astronomically, why take issue with it? Narduch, nobody cares, especially considering it will make the league a lot more appealing to watch. 

Bertram.PNG

Yes it matters a lot.

May as well just watch WWE at this point.

24 minutes ago, narduch said:

My prediction is next year season ticket holders won't get MLS on Apple TV free

Yeah, I've thought that for a bit. Will be interesting to see the number after that. Still, a million subscribers is more than I thought they'd get.

Have heard from some people that they wish Apple just had one subscription level. That they'd sign up if they got access to everything but instead haven't signed up for anything.

43 minutes ago, narduch said:

My prediction is next year season ticket holders won't get MLS on Apple TV free

It was kind of disappointing how they did it this year. My dad and I have 2 tickets but because they are on one account we only got one MLS season pass so I had to buy my own for my own home.

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

It was kind of disappointing how they did it this year. My dad and I have 2 tickets but because they are on one account we only got one MLS season pass so I had to buy my own for my own home.

Aren't you able to share it with 6 other accounts? Of course I couldn't do that myself because I don't use Apple devices.

Still think it's pretty lame they don't have an Apple TV app for Android 

Edited by narduch

33 minutes ago, narduch said:

Aren't you able to share it with 6 other accounts? Of course I couldn't do that myself because I don't use Apple devices.

Still think it's pretty lame they don't have an Apple TV app for Android 

If I was then I was too slow to figure that out. no 🧢

MLS needs to figure out how to balance the DP to non-DP salary ratio because this is beginning to look ridiculous. Just over a 5-mil cap (yes I know GAM/TAM and whatever backdoor shenanigans teams like Miami and LAFC are pulling) to fill out a roster after your DPs is ludicrous. What other league do you have a guy getting paid less than 100K playing regular minutes alongside someone who's making 50 to 100 times that (okay Saudi lol)? The ratios are ridiculous and the disparity in quality (usually in the back line and overall depth) is becoming ludicrous. Just a rant. Way to go though MLS, you're spending as much, or more, than many Championship sides🥳

3 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Well, the Adakugbe to Vancouver rumours are still out there.

Adakugbe would be a coup! VWFC could then focus on the midfield and, perhaps, another striker. In the interim, who should be moved along before the transfer window closes? Caicedo went the other day.

On 7/22/2023 at 1:31 PM, Big_M said:

This is the result of not getting rid of Fountas the first time it happened last year...there has to be deep research and checks on players before bringing them in...

Two D.C. United Players Placed on Administrative Leave

What research and checks would you put in place?

On 8/1/2023 at 2:02 PM, Watchmen said:

Insensitive and inappropriate....

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

5 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Only if Fox/TSN pay up.

2 more goals, plus a free kick that resulted in an OG.

I thought so.  So the matches you get will be the non-engaging American MLS match ups plus the Canadian teams taking turns (is VWFC and TFC on the TSN schedule?).