General MLS Talk 2023

Big_M

10 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Will Travis propose to Taylor in the private Chiefs' box suite at half time? 

If she's at the stadium when the game is on, we won't see much of the game, if any. The cameras are on her 84% of screentime for any game the Chiefs play at home, this will likely increase to 135% of screentime for a Sporting KC match.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just to note that all 3 MLS openers this weekend are being shown on one of the TSNs.  I am hoping that Apple saw a small enough bump in subscriptions that they will try to maintain at least some reasonable access via TSN.  

I think the amount of games is basically the same as last year.

Vancouver have a bye week, by the way

16 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just to note that all 3 MLS openers this weekend are being shown on one of the TSNs.  I am hoping that Apple saw a small enough bump in subscriptions that they will try to maintain at least some reasonable access via TSN.  

Subscriptions jumped enormously for Apple (due to Messi), the 2024 thread has a discussion on it and TSN is showing about 14/15 games per Canadian club again this year.

2 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Subscriptions jumped enormously for Apple (due to Messi), the 2024 thread has a discussion on it and TSN is showing about 14/15 games per Canadian club again this year.

That happened for Canadian subscribers?   That is a bit surprising.   Then again I still have cable so probably a bit old school.   

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

That happened for Canadian subscribers?   That is a bit surprising.   Then again I still have cable so probably a bit old school.   

I don't think they've revealed the location of their subscribers, since the product is available globally.

On 1/5/2024 at 12:17 PM, narduch said:

Lol. Minnesota seem to want to take the mantle of worst run MLS club

With a just recently hired head coach, from.the highlights they looked like a far superior side than their home opponent this evening.

21 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not likely an increase for Canadian subs since they cut back on French broadcasts this year, bad seasons for 2 Cdn teams last year, Caps slow to gain back fans and ad inventory was largely unsold on the Canadian feed.

Non-hardcores with cable in Canada also have much less need to sub than Americans since 14 matches of your team were on TSN/RDS and another one or two were free on MLS Season Pass. 

In a pre-season presser, Apple SVP Eddy Cue didn't mention Canada but said Messi led to a "significant number of subscribers from South American and Europe." Garber also said MLS is receiving more buzz internationally than domestically because of Messi.

Of note is while Cue says he is a big sports fan having a man cave with 11 screens, he credits Miami's owner Mas for introducing him to Messi.

Edited by red card

On 2/25/2024 at 7:42 PM, red card said:

Not likely an increase for Canadian subs since they cut back on French broadcasts this year, bad seasons for 2 Cdn teams last year, Caps slow to gain back fans and ad inventory was largely unsold on the Canadian feed.

Non-hardcores with cable in Canada also have much less need to sub than Americans since 14 matches of your team were on TSN/RDS and another one or two were free on MLS Season Pass. 

In a pre-season presser, Apple SVP Eddy Cue didn't mention Canada but said Messi led to a "significant number of subscribers from South American and Europe." Garber also said MLS is receiving more buzz internationally than domestically because of Messi.

Of note is while Cue says he is a big sports fan having a man cave with 11 screens, he credits Miami's owner Mas for introducing him to Messi.

Introducing him literally to Messi, or to the name "Messi"?

Sounds like there could be a real dunce in charge depending on the answer.