Chants/Ideas

QBCS

41 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

OK. Here's one for the soccer moms:

Ca-na-da. Clap. Clap. Clap.

And... Ole.

Discussion and thread over. No more creativity out of you lot. You might hurt someone's brain. 

Or even better:

Soc-cer moms!
Soc-cer moms!

@DeRo_Is_King if anything the chants you're posting are easier ones people could join in on, they're just not great yet ;) @Califaxhazmat suit chant might be closer to the mark

I think what @TOCanada115and @Joe MacCarthyare hinting at are the song's being posted that are exceptionally niche.

If we're trying to come up with chants we need to narrow in on songs with easy/well-known choruses that can be easily adapted. For example, before last window people were joking about using the Cotton-Eyed Joe chorus, but in reality that would work well because pretty much every knows how that chorus goes

14 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

@DeRo_Is_King if anything the chants you're posting are easier ones people could join in on, they're just not great yet ;) @Califaxhazmat suit chant might be closer to the mark

I think what @TOCanada115and @Joe MacCarthyare hinting at are the song's being posted that are exceptionally niche.

If we're trying to come up with chants we need to narrow in on songs with easy/well-known choruses that can be easily adapted. For example, before last window people were joking about using the Cotton-Eyed Joe chorus, but in reality that would work well because pretty much every knows how that chorus goes

To each his own. I'm just excited about the game and enjoy putting chants together. 

It’s important to remember that we won’t get the whole stadium singing anything other than maybe Canada clap clap clap. The goal shouldn’t be get people who don’t wanna sing, to sing. 

Create something simple and engaging for people who are looking to be loud. Most importantly, it should be fun.

Well known pop songs work best cause they’re fun. 

3 hours ago, Califax said:

It’s important to remember that we won’t get the whole stadium singing anything other than maybe Canada clap clap clap. The goal shouldn’t be get people who don’t wanna sing, to sing. 

Create something simple and engaging for people who are looking to be loud. Most importantly, it should be fun.

Tried to start this one against Panama. Half the world is using it now. 

Canada’s on fire, your defense is terrified. 

4 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

Tried to start this one against Panama. Half the world is using it now. 

Canada’s on fire, your defense is terrified. 

Canada is too many syllables in my opinion. I proposed "Larin's on fire" in the song sheet thread because you're damn right he is!

Fun fact about this song. It was popularised by the Will Grigg version, but it's actually Newcastle fans who started it for Mitrovic ("Mitro's on fire"). So, you know, if a certain someone joins...

I'll also reiterate "Oh Tajon Buchanon" with 7 Nation Army is a no-brainer. It's the right amount of syllables and everyone knows it and can join in immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

No chance of anyone saying we copied some other country on this one. 

capo

coo loo coo coo coo loo coo coo

crowd

coo loo coo coo coo loo coo coo

everyone

take off to the great white north

take off it’s a beauty way to go 

take off to the great white north

take off it’s a beauty way to go 

take off you hosers

On 12/1/2021 at 7:12 PM, Califax said:

💯 !   Pop songs that most people know with lots of “na-na-na” to limit lyrics to 1 or 2 lines.  Will Grigg’s on Fire is brilliant.

Another difficulty in getting a chant / sing-along going for North American audiences is that the odd time you hear one develop during other sporting events, it’s during stoppages in play with the aid of the PA system playing the actual song… like “Sweet Caroline”.

Props to the Vancouver Canucks fans who’ve recently created the  “Bruce, there it is” chant (for their new coach Bruce Boudreau to the ‘tune’ of ‘Whoomp, There It Is”)…maybe we have to look more to the hip-hop scene.

Watching the World Juniors has got me thinking we should adopt Canadian goal song (Hey Baby) after each Canadian goal. Easy, catchy song anyone can get in on that can be adapted to pretty much any goal scorers name. Just replace baby with a 2 syllable portion of any players name.

Heyyyyy, Hey Davies/David/Larin/Tajon/(you get the point)

1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Watching the World Juniors has got me thinking we should adopt Canadian goal song (Hey Baby) after each Canadian goal. Easy, catchy song anyone can get in on that can be adapted to pretty much any goal scorers name. Just replace baby with a 2 syllable portion of any players name.

Heyyyyy, Hey Davies/David/Larin/Tajon/(you get the point)

We've been singing a version of hat at PFC games since game one in 2019;

Heeyyyy, Hey [Player]
Oooh, Ahhh!
I wanna knoooooww,
Will you score a goal.
Hey. Hey, hey, hey hey...