Chants/Ideas

QBCS

Any specific chants you guys would like to see in Hamilton? Maybe a couple USA specific chants, (Like the burnt the white out to the ground) would be good. It's also basic enough for newer people to get it after a couple runs through. So, whats a couple of chants you guys would like to see at the game.

42 minutes ago, QBCS said:

Any specific chants you guys would like to see in Hamilton? Maybe a couple USA specific chants, (Like the burnt the white out to the ground) would be good. It's also basic enough for newer people to get it after a couple runs through. So, whats a couple of chants you guys would like to see at the game.

Pretty simple one for two sections:

Section 1 - "Oh Canada"

Section 2 - "Oh Baby"

Repeat x3

Everybody - Giggle like Dunfield.

45 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

We need some kind of Buchanan > Pepi chant or banner

Tajon, Tajon Buchanon

Makes Pepi look like Shit

DOO DOO DOODOODOO

DOO DOO DOODOODOO

😃

Alternative: (yankee doodle)

You won't win here anymore 

I hope you're understanding

Shove your Pepi up your ass

Cause we've got Taj Buchanon

lala lala la la la

lala lala la la

(etc.)

😃

Edited by Califax

I'll get in trouble for this, but that's never stopped me before.  Does everything need to be copied off someone /somewhere else?  From Wheel's' Goooolllll call to the lame Ole chant, calling the hexagonal Ocho (we're not Spanish here folks)  This drove itself home to me the other day when I was watching a hockey game from France and they were doing the Viking clap with the players at center ice.  I get that it is a nice thing for bonding with players but shit can we do something other places aren't doing.

At the risk of offending everybody, I'll also say how lame I think the haka is, a bunch of white guys doing a Maori thing, that would be like us doing a war dance.  And I thought that a long, long time before the woke culture, I can use that word because I am old and white and we're the only people that can use it.

There were a couple Vs years ago advocating for the CMNT to play Heart of Gold as the team walks out.  Can't take any credit for it myself and it was envisioned as a pre-game thing but I just think this would be perfection.  You can play out out of the sound system and cut the volume for the chorus like you see at EPL games for the few clubs that have a song like Liverpool or Palace.  Make it an every game thing at home matches and I think within a year or so would be a part of the culture and a lot of fun.

7 minutes ago, Footscray said:

There were a couple Vs years ago advocating for the CMNT to play Heart of Gold as the team walks out.  Can't take any credit for it myself and it was envisioned as a pre-game thing but I just think this would be perfection.  You can play out out of the sound system and cut the volume for the chorus like you see at EPL games for the few clubs that have a song like Liverpool or Palace.  Make it an every game thing at home matches and I think within a year or so would be a part of the culture and a lot of fun.

I'd prefer Maple Leaf Forever

Just to thread hijack for a second, I was watching some YouTube song reactions and the reactors did one to Men at Work's Down Under.  Now the American reactors said that Australians consider it a pseudo national anthem, if that is true I know not.

But it got me to thinking what is that song in Canada?  I thought of Rush, The Guess Who, Neil, Joni, Stan, The Hip and I couldn't really put my finger on a universal song that covers it all.  Later that night, serendipitously a reactor reacted to Gord's Canadian Railroad Trilogy which I think is the answer but probably too complicated to be a help here.

One that would be easy and that most people know would a reworking of The Hockey Song  "The Good Ol' Soccer Game" but that goes back to my rant about copying and not being original.  Problem is unlike this song most songs aren't conducive enough to being universally known and able to be sung.  Ya gotta admit it though, most people know and like it, here's the legend on Conan's show.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

18 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

"Maybe Tomorrow" aka The Theme to The Littlest Hobo

How many of you "kids" :) have seen the original Littlest Hobo with the theme song (the outro 25:03) that has stayed in my and my best friend's head for 50 years.  The show looked just like episodes of The Fugitive, way better than the shitty 80s version shot on video.

And Part One of the 1958 movie

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

58 minutes ago, Footscray said:

I was probably a champion for this but I don't think enough people really know the words to it.

2 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Love Neil, love the song but it isn't that right "fit".  Songs have to be super simple and everyone already has to know the words.

We may have to accept a simpler song.

The Whitecaps fans started doing Stand By Me. That is a fairly simple song.

Perhaps Canada fans can steal that one.

When Italy used Seven Nation Army for their 2006 World Cup win they basically took it from Roma who stole it from Club Brugge.

23 minutes ago, narduch said:

When Italy used Seven Nation Army for their 2006 World Cup win they basically took it from Roma who stole it from Club Brugge.

What about a tragically hip song or something. I mean its basically like the second anthem in canada.

1 hour ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I'll get in trouble for this, but that's never stopped me before.  Does everything need to be copied off someone /somewhere else?  From Wheel's' Goooolllll call to the lame Ole chant, calling the hexagonal Ocho (we're not Spanish here folks)  This drove itself home to me the other day when I was watching a hockey game from France and they were doing the Viking clap with the players at center ice.  I get that it is a nice thing for bonding with players but shit can we do something other places aren't doing.

At the risk of offending everybody, I'll also say how lame I think the haka is, a bunch of white guys doing a Maori thing, that would be like us doing a war dance.  And I thought that a long, long time before the woke culture, I can use that word because I am old and white and we're the only people that can use it.

I'm all for originality but at the same time anything needs to be simple enough that the casual fan can join in

Sure it's great to have the pockets of V's with our own chants, but at the end of the day having it be easy enough to get 20000 chanting as opposed to 1000 is ideal

1 hour ago, narduch said:

I've wanted to do Stand by Me forever. 

I'm so happy someone did it. It sounds so fucking cool in Vancouver. 

If we beat the States, and they play Ahead by a Century at the final whistle and cut the music out (like Vancouver does) just before "and that's when the hornets stung me" -  I'm pretty sure they'll hear us in Burlington. 

I'll also say there are probably a few Drake songs that could work. 

Edited by Califax