Voyageurs Flag Fund 2022

Admin

sorry guys, I know we lost a lot of flags. I tried enforcing the "HEY! put the flags back" without being too aggressive on a few people and they looked at me like "well who the hell are you" lol.

I even saw one guy carrying out 10 flags, and a little asian lady chasing him down calling "Jamie, Jamie"...turns out he was one us probably loading it back on the truck.

In the future, to avoid some casualties in addition to the paper on the seats maybe ask the announcer to say "hey fans please leave the flags at gate 3".

Nevertheless Great display, great organization. I love being part of every possible moment!

Next up - EDMONTON!

10 minutes ago, Cblake said:

I will pledge $50 to at least cover the replacement of some of those. 

I'll pledge another $25 to get met to the total of your number! 🤣

10 minutes ago, admin said:

Don't do that just yet, let me get and idea where we are at. 

Regardless there was some lost....and if not ...the more the merrier right?

17 minutes ago, admin said:

I was pretty tired and got told to fuck off a few too many times in a row. 

So I ended up arguing with some people more than I should have. 

If I had to guess we lost 200-300 flags. 

Brutal. This is why we can’t have nice things.
Keep an eye out on Kijiji for people claiming to have the flag Davies waved. 😂

1 minute ago, chalms04 said:

Brutal. This is why we can’t have nice things.
Keep an eye out on Kijiji for people claiming to have the flag Davies waved. 😂

I'll get a better idea when I move it to storage.  Driving to Peterborough today or tomorrow. 

20 minutes ago, admin said:

I was pretty tired and got told to fuck off a few too many times in a row. 

So I ended up arguing with some people more than I should have. 

If I had to guess we lost 200-300 flags. 

yea I saw you...i thought what would've helped me better is having the sheet of paper to reference. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

sorry guys, I know we lost a lot of flags. I tried enforcing the "HEY! put the flags back" without being too aggressive on a few people and they looked at me like "well who the hell are you" lol.

I even saw one guy carrying out 10 flags, and a little asian lady chasing him down calling "Jamie, Jamie"...turns out he was one us probably loading it back on the truck.

In the future, to avoid some casualties in addition to the paper on the seats maybe ask the announcer to say "hey fans please leave the flags at gate 3".

Nevertheless Great display, great organization. I love being part of every possible moment!

Next up - EDMONTON!

Thanks for helping out. You and others who were reminding people I’m sure saved 100 flags or more. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got the flags rolled and boxed today to ship to Edmonton with the help of Don't Panic and BhusanBoy.

I have to say, i am pretty disappointed, and not sure what to do.

We lost over 500 flags at the Panama game.  That is about $3500 in flags, not to mention the work involved in putting them together.

I figure we can bring that number back up a bit for Edmonton, but this kind of loss is not something we can sustain.

24 minutes ago, admin said:

Well, I got the flags rolled and boxed today to ship to Edmonton with the help of Don't Panic and BhusanBoy.

We lost over 500 flags at the Panama game.  That is about $3500 in flags, not to mention the work involved in putting them together.

I figure we can bring that number back up a bit for Edmonton, but this kind of loss is not something we can sustain.

Send a bill to the Phonz for the one he took. That'll be $3500, please, Mr Davies. 😄 

41 minutes ago, admin said:

I know what I'm about to suggest is even more work, but what about putting Voyageurs stickers on the corner (pick one) of each flag?

Obviously it's a crappy solution to an even crappier problem, but far too many people don't know/care that the flags actually aren't giveaways.

Other solution is to designate a Voyageur at each section tunnel standing beside the usher stopping people from leaving with the flags.

This was probably happening in the concourse at BMO but maybe easier to keep everything contained in the seating area. I totally volunteer to help out this cause in Edmonton if needed. 

Just now, Razcle said:

Other solution is to designate a Voyageur at each section tunnel standing beside the usher stopping people from leaving with the flags.

This was probably happening in the concourse at BMO but maybe easier to keep everything contained in the seating area. I totally volunteer to help out this cause in Edmonton if needed. 

With a yellow pinny that says Voyegeurs Flag collector, so nobody questions you?
…This in addition to a stadium announcement at least.  

Let’s hope people in Edmonton are more respectful than the entitled shits from Toronto. 

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

With a yellow pinny that says Voyegeurs Flag collector, so nobody questions you?
…This in addition to a stadium announcement at least.  

Let’s hope people in Edmonton are more respectful than the entitled shits from Toronto. 

You can keep the yellow pinny….I would just use my voice and my smile and then my fist if people thought they were entitled to keep as a souvenir. 

I assume most of the flags walked due to ignorance and drunkiness

• Admin changed the title to Voyageurs Flag Fund 2022