Voyageurs Flag Fund 2022

Admin

10 hours ago, RS said:

I know what I'm about to suggest is even more work, but what about putting Voyageurs stickers on the corner (pick one) of each flag?

Maybe a sticker on the shaft - "Property of the Voyageurs - please return to designated area"

I could look into printing some up, but can't be there until gameday on the 12th.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Voyageurs STAFF shirts? 

The CSA should be paying for the flags. 

Or a sponsor. 

I was thinking a a sponsor like AllState would do well to help us out given how we are directly driving increased publicity for them

1 hour ago, admin said:

We can't have sponsors because everything of any consequence we do is in inside the stadium.  

Implied legalities are understood. It would be nice however if you got a random package filled With new flags/ poles from an unmarked recipient 

@admin someone I bought a ticket for (but am not super close with) had taken a flag which I've since gotten back. Explained to him that it wasn't handed out to keep and it was done by fans so he apologized and gave it back. Is there a way I can get it to you guys for Edmonton or should I hold onto it for a (hopefully) March match at BMO.

27 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

@admin someone I bought a ticket for (but am not super close with) had taken a flag which I've since gotten back. Explained to him that it wasn't handed out to keep and it was done by fans so he apologized and gave it back. Is there a way I can get it to you guys for Edmonton or should I hold onto it for a (hopefully) March match at BMO.

Lot's of people simply misunderstood. 

It was complicated by the fact that when they asked us to be at the bus, I gave out 300 smaller flags and promoted free flags as an incentive to get there early......  

53 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Well if a lot of it was an honest mistake, they might come back to you.  Or at least they'll bring them back and use them next time canada is in BMO.  

They can't.  They can't get them into stadium, that was the reason we did this.

• 4 weeks later...

At $5 a flag, I’ve always thought if a bunch of us Vs each pledged $5 from each pay cheque, we’d have a full stadium pretty quickly. I get paid biweekly and by simply donating $5 from each cheque to the Vs, I would have paid for 26 more flags for the Vs section in one year’s time. One flag per pay cheque…26 pay periods in a year.  Or if your paid monthly donate $10. If 50 Vs donated $5 every two weeks or $10 once a month we have an additional 1300 flags in one years’ time.

• 1 month later...

In honour of CanMNT starting 2022 with 16 points in the Octagonal, let's see if we can get 16 donations to the flag fund by January 16th.

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/29-flag-inventory-help-us-out/

I've just made my donation. Post a reply once you've donated and we'll see if we can get 15 replies under this one.

Edited by Neil R.

12 minutes ago, Neil R. said:

In honour of CanMNT starting 2022 with 16 points in the Octagonal, let's see if we can get 16 donations to the flag fund by January 16th.

I've just made my donation. Post a reply once you've donated and we'll see if we can get 15 replies under this one.

Done!!

On 1/1/2022 at 7:55 PM, Neil R. said:

Sitting here in freezing weather in Montreal to start the new year in crappy confinement, been passing a lot of time watching highlights of 2021 CANMNT games, and looking forward to a terrific 2022 and the upcoming games. In honor of the joy received at BMO field and Edmonton, and in honor of what to look for in 2022, made my donation to the flag fund. Let's see if we could keep a little more momentum on this.

Bumping this in case a few more people wanted to donate to the flag fund.

Thank you to the 4 of you who replied that you donated. It looks unlikely we'll get to 16 donations by January 16th, but you never know.

As a final push, however many people donate and reply here as part of the challenge by the end of the day on the 16th, I'll donate that number in flags on the 17th. Right now we're at 5. Hopefully we can get to 10 or more.

• Admin changed the title to Voyageurs Flag Fund 2022