Match Thread: CONCACAF League - Round of 16 - Leg 2: Independiente (Panama) v Forge FC - September 28, 2021

After watching it 5 or 6 times, I can see how there is more than 0 to the call like I initially thought. I don't think we have the best view of it though. If we had a view from the other side we would be able to see better what his elbow did.

As for the ref having his back turned, he did at first, but it looks like he turned around just in time to see whatever push off Babouli did. I do think that's probably all it was, just a bit of a shove with his tricep area because the guy was right on top of him when Babouli was trying to get up.

P.S. I had no idea Rod Carew was Panamanian.

Edited by Kent

Just got to watch the match on replay (yet another kids volleyball night - really messing with my footy watching…).  Well done boys.  Despite the travel and CONCACAF bullshit (including the excessive red) they managed to get the job done.  Great goal by Mo to start things off and Bekker with the belter.  Damn that was a nice free kick.  Great job.  

And Panamanians should be ashamed of the way they play this sport.  Douchebaggery at its finest.  

34 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am really hoping there is some art of process to have a red card reviewed.  There is no way that is a red.  As Mo is getting up, the guy is standing overnight by him and leans over him.   Of course there is going to be contact between the two of them.  But a red card?  Never.  

As unfair as this seems, it does make sense.  Otherwise, the line-up to appeal CONCACAF referees' decision would stretch for miles.