Class of 2006

MM3/MM2/MM

19 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

For anyone interested, the U17 CONCACAF qualifiers are in February 2023.  Canada.... as usual hasn't even had a camp yet.

Very important event for youth players in Canada to be seen/exposed to the biggest clubs in the world, not to mention a U17 World Cup birth up for grabs.  

https://www.concacaf.com/under-17s-men/article/2022-concacaf-u-17-qualifiers-schedule-confirmed/

Thanks.  You said a few days ago there may be a camp in September?  Any exciting players we should be watching for?

37 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Thanks.  You said a few days ago there may be a camp in September?  Any exciting players we should be watching for?

Been following the 06's in the MLS Academies all year, especially at the major tournaments/showcases.  Honestly my impression of the 06's is that they are very underwhelming, perhaps its because they were playing with 2005's this season but none really stand out.  Lazar and Etienne Godin (CFM) are probably two key CB's, Aidan Fong (VWFC) is a highly rated RB, Alessandro Biello and Antoine N'Diaye (CFM) are also two I'd expect to feature heavily in Midfield.

Quite honestly, the 2007 age group has a lot of very impressive kids that I think are better than the 2006's and a number will be on the squad.  Some names are Joses Chukwu - ST (TFC), Pablo Patrick-Galvaz - CB (TFC), Emrick Fosting - CM (CFM).  I've heard of a few 2007's playing outside of Canada and/or playing in non-MLS academies within Canada that are very good such as TJ Tahid - AM/W (BC) who recently guest playing for Red Bull in a tournament in Europe.

2 hours ago, Footyeh said:

For anyone interested, the U17 CONCACAF qualifiers are in February 2023.  Canada.... as usual hasn't even had a camp yet.

Very important event for youth players in Canada to be seen/exposed to the biggest clubs in the world, not to mention a U17 World Cup birth up for grabs.  

https://www.concacaf.com/under-17s-men/article/2022-concacaf-u-17-qualifiers-schedule-confirmed/

Nvm

Edited by Dominic94

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Been following the 06's in the MLS Academies all year, especially at the major tournaments/showcases.  Honestly my impression of the 06's is that they are very underwhelming, perhaps its because they were playing with 2005's this season but none really stand out.  Lazar and Etienne Godin (CFM) are probably two key CB's, Aidan Fong (VWFC) is a highly rated RB, Alessandro Biello and Antoine N'Diaye (CFM) are also two I'd expect to feature heavily in Midfield.

Quite honestly, the 2007 age group has a lot of very impressive kids that I think are better than the 2006's and a number will be on the squad.  Some names are Joses Chukwu - ST (TFC), Pablo Patrick-Galvaz - CB (TFC), Emrick Fosting - CM (CFM).  I've heard of a few 2007's playing outside of Canada and/or playing in non-MLS academies within Canada that are very good such as TJ Tahid - AM/W (BC) who recently guest playing for Red Bull in a tournament in Europe.

What about De Guzmans kid ?

Stefanovic was apparently born in the US although fully raised in Canada. As with Akinola and Odunze, the US federation would not have known about their eligibility so early without TFC and Whitecaps playing in the US Soccer Development Academy and now MLS Next. If there's a US-born player developed in Canada they will want to look. They would have known about David earlier had he gone that route.

US U17s are no joke, they lost 1-0 to Italy and then beat both Belgium and Portugal in that tournament. As a left back, at a thin position, it would not be surprising for Stefanovic to make the US qualifying squad like Akinola at striker for them years ago.

Edited by Canadian Chuck

27 minutes ago, Canadian Chuck said:

Stefanovic was apparently born in the US although fully raised in Canada. As with Akinola and Odunze, the US federation would not have known about their eligibility so early without TFC and Whitecaps playing in the US Soccer Development Academy and now MLS Next. If there's a US-born player developed in Canada they will want to look. They would have known about David earlier had he gone that route.

US U17s are no joke, they lost 1-0 to Italy and then beat both Belgium and Portugal in that tournament. As a left back, at a thin position, it would not be surprising for Stefanovic to make the US qualifying squad like Akinola at striker for them years ago.

Lazar is a CB, I know he plays on the Left side of CB.  There's some real quality CB's in that US 06' pool so it's not going to be easy for him.

17 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Awesome, thanks.  Appreciate you sharing your insight.  Sorry, one more question.  Is the 2007 striker Chukwu related to the twin sisters on the U15 CWNT?

4 hours ago, Ivan said:

Awesome, thanks.  Appreciate you sharing your insight.  Sorry, one more question.  Is the 2007 striker Chukwu related to the twin sisters on the U15 CWNT?

I don't believe so.  He has a 2008 brother also in TFC academy that's a legit prospect, probably good enough to play with the 2006's. 

League 1 Ontario held a showcase event for players born between 03-06 earlier this month but article about it just came out today.

The showcase event in 2019 saw a total of five participants earn CPL contracts, the most notable being Max Ferrari.

“The Showcase is no different than a national team training camp in the fact that these guys know they have been recognized and they feel valued. Now they are measuring themselves against the best players, and also networking with them. - Vaughn Azzurri's Gheiser

Video, pics & squad lists are posted here:

https://www.league1ontario.com/news_article/show/1236647

• 1 month later...