Jump to content

Isaac Boehmer


Recommended Posts

He looked confident out there with good hands and did a good job commanding his box for a young keeper. The big save near the end of the game had impressive reactions, lots of power on the shot up high from a close range and with a lot of players blocking his view. I noticed his distribution seemed pretty good or he was at least getting a lot of distance on his kicks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Craig11rm said:

He looked confident out there with good hands and did a good job commanding his box for a young keeper. The big save near the end of the game had impressive reactions, lots of power on the shot up high from a close range and with a lot of players blocking his view. I noticed his distribution seemed pretty good or he was at least getting a lot of distance on his kicks. 

Agreed, he looked good. Hasal struggled to get his goal kicks to half and was really shaky on distribution, so it is nice to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Made the bench of MLS team of the week. 

Geez but so did Blanco, who spent the entire game from the opening minutes trying to punk the ref. And ended up carded for complaining about a non-foul late. Then got his assistant coach and the Timbers coach jumping in accusing the ref of who knows what, confronting the same guy that saved their asses by calling a penalty in their favour. 

Saw Santini told one of the Timbers assistants to FO at the end as well. 

They are nuts if they think they were hard done by, the entire match many players were diving, bitching to the ref, whining about big nothings. And were mostly outplayed as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, masster said:

This guy needs to be playing more. What is he achieving by being the third keeper with the Caps? Send him out on loan.

He’s the backup FWIW. Joe Bendik is basically in that 3rd string keeper / old guy that keeps the lockeroom close together type of role.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, masster said:

This guy needs to be playing more. What is he achieving by being the third keeper with the Caps? Send him out on loan.

I agree. He reminds me of Crepeau when he was with Montreal. He does a great job of commanding his box and catching crosses. He made a solid save on a header in the game but I wonder if he could have done a little better on Calvary’s goal at the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to see Boehmer play in Colorado next week, the mid-week game.  Would be a good rotation between him and Takaoka over the next two weeks, since I think we can safely assume he'll start in the return leg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Atlantic said:

He’s the backup FWIW. Joe Bendik is basically in that 3rd string keeper / old guy that keeps the lockeroom close together type of role.

Thanks for the correction...but my point still stands. Have the old guy be the one sitting on the bench.

Young keepers need to play. Pantemis and Sirios both showed that loans to the CPL have value. And the way Viscosi has looked...Valour could use another keeper!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, masster said:

Thanks for the correction...but my point still stands. Have the old guy be the one sitting on the bench.

Young keepers need to play. Pantemis and Sirios both showed that loans to the CPL have value. And the way Viscosi has looked...Valour could use another keeper!!

I have wondered about that, as well.  I always believed that your number 1-in-waiting should be playing as a regular starter at level below instead of just being a back up.

Interesting to note that the club has moved away from having two back up keepers on the bench during MLS play.  I never was a fan of that.

Though I should post in his own thread but since it is relevant to here:  where is Hasal playing right now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...