TFC 2020 Season

Big_M

The 2nd "giveaway" they are counting was a clearance/tackle of the ball on the edge of his box with no midfielders or strikers in sight to retrieve it. I'd like to know what they felt he should do differently in that scenario.. As for the first one, when you see Fraser turning around and shouting at Ciman and Ciman glumly walking away in shame on the play, that' should probably tell you who is at fault there.

Rollins is the same dummy that thought this team was better than the 2017 team. So there you go.

TFC's record has been very misleading. We're barely scraping by on wins, setting a record with 1 goal margin wins. That catches up to you.

Lets not kid ourselves here. How many full 90 minute matches have we had this year? Often we would have very slow or poor first halves, only to take the lead in the second half and bunker down. Insane that people are comparing this team to the 2017 team, when players like Bradley, Jozy, Morrow etc aren't even close to playing the way they used too.

There's an article in mlssoccer.com that brings up questions surrounding Bradley getting starts. I completely agree with his statement that Bradley shouldn't be starting. He simply doesn't have the legs for it. Especially after you see stats like this

https://twitter.com/tutulismyname/status/1320163227951661062

Delgado has also been VERY poor in the last 3-4 games. Couldn't even win a tackle in the last match and was the victim of constant turnovers. When TFC last lost to NYC in the mls is back tournament, Arguably one of the worst TFC matches ever, our midfield was Delgado and Bradley.. with Pozuelo as a striker. Exactly the same as the match against Philly.

This to me raises some big concern about our midfield. When Bradley and Marky are starting, it shows they don't have enough "steel" in that midfield. I've said it before, Marky is good at applying pressure up field and creating turn overs, but he is not the answer when sitting back, meanwhile Bradley doesn't even more anymore, period. TFC are going to have to find answers for this because I don't think this pivot mid witht he players they have is going to work. Bradley can't play that role and Marky is struggling. It's odd how Oso is actually outshining both of them in that role.  They're going to have to either trust in a Academy player, or find someone new if they plan on keeping this formation.

35 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Rollins is the same dummy that thought this team was better than the 2017 team. So there you go.

TFC's record has been very misleading. We're barely scraping by on wins, setting a record with 1 goal margin wins. That catches up to you.

I know Rollins quite well and would not call him a "dummy" I do have to disagree with Duane on this one though and don't really see why he and others are focusing on Fraser when there have been so many other poor performances by regulars! It's hard to compare teams from different seasons but I did remark during this run TFC was looking head and shoulders above their closest competition, things have changed obviously with injuries and players returning and not being up to par! I completely agree with you about Delgado, he and others always seem to get a free pass, not always on here though!😀

19 hours ago, Colliedor said:

Delgado has also been VERY poor in the last 3-4 games. Couldn't even win a tackle in the last match and was the victim of constant turnovers. When TFC last lost to NYC in the mls is back tournament, Arguably one of the worst TFC matches ever, our midfield was Delgado and Bradley.. with Pozuelo as a striker. Exactly the same as the match against Philly.

There's a decent chance we will see that same midfield line-up again against NYC tomorrow night, although apparently Delgado was taken off because of an injury precaution and not because he was worse than useless in the first half (if Vanney is to believed). If that's the case we will probably see Fraser and Bradley, unless he goes with Priso. Akinola is the only one they are "hopeful" of seeing back from the injured players. The others (Mavinga, Osorio, Piatti and even the nephew who has looked better recently than Ciman, if we're being honest) are all listed as questionable, which means for sure they won't start. It would be great if they could start Okello.......except they of course loaned him out!

Which doesn't make me very optimistic for tomorrow night. They can't play a false nine again, and I really hope that instead of Gallardo & Endoh we see any two of Shaffelburg, Nelson and Marshall-Rhutty. Shaffelburg hasn't seen the pitch since he got an assist on Mullins goal against NYCFC, surely he must deserve another chance before Gallardo does. He and Endoh were also a huge problem in not retaining the ball or winning any challenges, which stifled the normal effectiveness of Laryea on the right (Auro has his own problems on the left, but I do question why he was even starting out of position with two left backs on the bench - anyway, he's suspended for Weds night so we definitely won't see him).

Looks like Delgado didn't recover from his injury as neither he (nor Osorio) are on the bench. No Piatti either. Meanwhile Morrow, Gallacher and Laryea all start, which suggests that one will be pushed up to midfield. I'm guessing it will be Ritchie but that will mean playing one of the two left backs out of position.

Meanwhile Priso, Nelson, Marshall-Rhutty & Shaffelburg are on the bench, but so are Endoh & Gallardo.

1 minute ago, Club Linesman said:

Hopefully Fraser will prove himself tonight in a positive way.  In a perfect world it would be great if he pushed Delbado down the depth chart.  

That won't happen but agree this is a good opportunity for Fraser!

5 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Just noticed that the one guy they said would likely be back, Akinola, isn't dressed either.

A middle defensive spine of Bradley-Fraser-Gonzalez-Ciman isn't going to win any speed awards anytime soon.....

Thats where they will miss Mavinga.  He is the only guy who makes up the defensive axis who has any pace