TFC 2020 Season

Big_M

It’s pro 

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Nice to see some of the new crop of Canadians that will be released in 3 years.

As it should be if they don’t cut it at this level simple as that . Osorio, Laryea , and now it looks like Akinola still there on merit as it should be . If you ain’t good enough for this level unfortunately you will be realeased it’s like this all over the world. However, if your released then it’s up to you do go and prove your self either at a lower level or maybe at the same level. 

3 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

why the tfc hate on this site,3 finals in 4 years,top of the league on the road all year and injuries left and right.what should they do start 3 teenagers to please the canadian fan .btw fraser was not good last night looked slow and stiff,

Thats another good point.

Why does TFC always have so many injuries?

1 hour ago, reggietfc said:

why the tfc hate on this site,3 finals in 4 years,top of the league on the road all year and injuries left and right.what should they do start 3 teenagers to please the canadian fan .btw fraser was not good last night looked slow and stiff,

Like myself many of us are only interested in the play of Canadians on TFC, if they don't play the interest wanes, I do agree Fraser didn't look good last night, who did? 

Fraser looked like the only player with any intensity when he came on, it was nice to see him barking at his teammates for not making proper runs and making themselves available as an outlet for him, something Vanney seemed to indicate as well in the post match comments. I also note the glare that Fraser gave Ciman after the 3rd goal for being (a) too slow to realize the pass was coming to him and (b) being to slow to run to get it. That said some of the blame might be given to Fraser there for not taking Ciman being way past it into account. 

13 minutes ago, gator said:

Like myself many of us are only interested in the play of Canadians on TFC, if they don't play the interest wanes, I do agree Fraser didn't look good last night, who did? 

Everybody who didn’t play looked good by their omission, plus Marshall-Rhutty and Priso had decent debuts given the circumstances. 

Most alarming thing for TFC is if Bradley continues to be healthy or they play him with all their other midfielders healthy 

3 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Fraser looked like the only player with any intensity when he came on, it was nice to see him barking at his teammates for not making proper runs and making themselves available as an outlet for him, something Vanney seemed to indicate as well in the post match comments. I also note the glare that Fraser gave Ciman after the 3rd goal for being (a) too slow to realize the pass was coming to him and (b) being to slow to run to get it. That said some of the blame might be given to Fraser there for not taking Ciman being way past it into account. 

He got beat for pace on the wing on the one goal, he was probably covering for someone out of position because a DM is not who you want chasing down a fast winger! I'm glad I am not alone in thinking that pass was not all his fault, he seemed surprised Ciman hadn't come forward for it! Fraser did spray a couple of beautiful cross field passes to his credit!

2 hours ago, reggietfc said:

We are all TFC fans, not liking things they do is not the same as hating the team.  If I hated the team I would just turn the channel and not give a shit eh??  We are all happy about winning, we all like to see the team take our money and pay for players like Giovinco, Poz, Piatti, Altdore, bradleys etc.  But part of winning a hardcore soccer fanbase is developing young stars, ie using your academy to supplement your DP's.  Its still a salary cap league, there will be opportunities for guys who are young and make lower salaries.  Many of us are frustrated the team uses dead end guys instead of local kids who still "might" have the potential to be more than a 500min end of the bench MLS journeyman. 

And looking around the league seeing other teams throwing teenage prospects out and being rewarded for it just makes it more frustrating.  Philly has brought along Aaronson, Fontana and Mckenzie the last few years and are reaping the benefit.  And they have built a winner there spending 13mil a season less than TFC.  I really hope AKinola having a break out year helps change the mindset at TFC, but I dont think it will.  

I cant believe we are talking about Fraser getting beat for pace, trying to cover a winger when Gonzalez and Ciman are on the field...come on!!  And I almost turned the game off after bradleys defending on the corner kick goal.  He played them all onside and seemed to be like an old man in the mall..shuffling around, disinterested and confused. And that's the always start, never get subbed off, play him 90 until he breaks down guy.  Maybe a good benching would be good for him.     

17 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I cant believe we are talking about Fraser getting beat for pace, trying to cover a winger when Gonzalez and Ciman are on the field...come on!!  And I almost turned the game off after bradleys defending on the corner kick goal.  He played them all onside and seemed to be like an old man in the mall..shuffling around, disinterested and confused. And that's the always start, never get subbed off, play him 90 until he breaks down guy.  Maybe a good benching would be good for him.     

I really expected the Fraser haterz to be out in force last night, as I mentioned Fraser shouldn't be in a position of having to compete for pace with quick wingers, there were so many errors all over the pitch for TFC last night and it started with absolutely no forward play! As for Bradley, I agree with your assessment, a benching might be a little harsh considering he is coming back from a long lay off, Vanney is going to have some big decisions to make when and if everyone is healthy, as has been noted on here TFC actually looked much better and had a great run using Delgado and Osorio in the central midfield roles and what happens at forward with Jozy missing and Akinola returning after a lay off?

1 hour ago, gator said:

I really expected the Fraser haterz to be out in force last night, as I mentioned Fraser shouldn't be in a position of having to compete for pace with quick wingers, there were so many errors all over the pitch for TFC last night and it started with absolutely no forward play! As for Bradley, I agree with your assessment, a benching might be a little harsh considering he is coming back from a long lay off, Vanney is going to have some big decisions to make when and if everyone is healthy, as has been noted on here TFC actually looked much better and had a great run using Delgado and Osorio in the central midfield roles and what happens at forward with Jozy missing and Akinola returning after a lay off?

Who are you kidding? There is no doubt who plays.. Bradley and Altidore. They can be the worst player on the field, which Bradley looked for part of last night and they will always be playing.

4 hours ago, gator said:

i get  that,,,i want canadians to do well also,but dont  bite the hand that feeds you,without the mls clubs the nats would be where they were 10 years ago

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Who are you kidding? There is no doubt who plays.. Bradley and Altidore. They can be the worst player on the field, which Bradley looked for part of last night and they will always be playing.

Yes, I agree with you and if he does play an out of form player out of stubbornness then any failure is all on him, as I said it will be interesting and open to much second guessing, the beauty of being an armchair manager!

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Matt Doyle is effectively calling for the benching of Bradley in his latest column:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/25/armchair-analyst-philadelphia-union-seize-supporters-shield-lead-more-week-20

HEHE, so did I....but usually I get jumped on when I do.  If he is nursing an injury then Vanney should let him heal up 100%....trust in the kids, 90 min of Fraser or even Okello wouldnt have been much worse than bradley played.  

Pretty hard to single out Fraser when there was so much poor play all around and base whether he deserves more playing time on this example, on one of the passes as @Gian-Luca points out, Ciman stood like a statue when he should have been coming forward for the pass! If you're going to pick a player's game apart you should understand the context of it, Fraser came into a match that was going horribly wrong with some atrocious play by Endoh, Bradley, Gallardo, DeLeon, Delgado and both CB's and Mullins entering the match looking like a pub league player! There is always a Canadian target on TFC that it is cool to slag by the trendies, Fraser has taken that role this season! I have watched every minute he has played closely this season and this was the first time I can say he deserved some criticism,  there was hardly a player wearing Red that didn't, he made a couple of wonderful pinpoint cross field passes that many on this team couldn't dream of btw! I just hope he gets the hell out of there soon for his own sake because there is no future with this club apparently!

That takes a lot of courage to pile on the guy who came on when the game was lost.  Philly had been taking it to TFC all first half, were already up by 2 and they want to talk about Fraser??  I think it was free kick who said as soon as he saw the line up it was going to be bad.   I am not a twitter guy but the "pundits" better be all over Bradley who is supposed to be a leader on the team and the guy who thought it would be great to play Gallardo.